Steelhead Reports and Pics 2012-2013

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Steelhead Reports and Pics 2012-2013

Post by natetreat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm

fishenfreak wrote:
natetreat wrote:Hahahahaha, that's too much. True story.

[omg] teehee
It's what they pay us for. =D>

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 pm

natetreat wrote:
fishenfreak wrote:
natetreat wrote:Hahahahaha, that's too much. True story.

[omg] teehee
It's what they pay us for. =D>
I hope u and me slay um this week on our adventure!
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 pm

fishenfreak wrote:
primetime wrote:Any tips of what to use?
It was just really slow today bro, i know some little spots that people dont fish that usually produce a few fish in low water, but other than that it was crappy, last few days have been. I was using eggs all day too, if you did what you did today earlier in the week when the fish were in better you woulda caught um. 20 guys and only 4 hooked other than my 3, super slow. Need rain to push more winters in! If ur floatin egg ur doin it right, it was the fish today, not you
Well I will keep at it then! Gonna fish the local cricks tomorrow. Pilchuck and Canyon. They don't have hatches on them but at least I'm fishing. And I'm used to not catching so what the heck haha at least I'm fishing!!!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 pm

fishenfreak wrote:Damn, i wonder who those guys over there were! :-" :-" :-" :-$

No idea!! but afterwards some guy moved in there and probably lost 50 bucks worth of gear in a matter of 10 mintues.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Steelheadin360 wrote:
fishenfreak wrote:Damn, i wonder who those guys over there were! :-" :-" :-" :-$

No idea!! but afterwards some guy moved in there and probably lost 50 bucks worth of gear in a matter of 10 mintues.
Really? Haha when i left i went downriver but didnt see anyone move in quickly, i was suprised even tho i knew we took all the biters out

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 am

After that little display im about ready to book a trip haha

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 am

Steelheadin360 wrote:After that little display im about ready to book a trip haha
Haha, i learned where they hide in low water during fly season, u seem to be doin better than most in these tougher conditions tho! Do ya remember when me and that guy had the same fish? Haha, in reality... His hook was wrapped around mine, and my hook was in the fish, but i cut mine cause we already had caught some. Ha

Live2Fish4Life
Petty Officer

Post by Live2Fish4Life » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 am

FF that was pretty funny to watch both of you guys hook the same fish. I was the guy fishing straight across from you. My buddy got one summer run and there were a handful more hooked right at the high bank after you guys left. It was a good first time exploratory trip for me. I hope we can get that next high water to push the fish in.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Well went out to forks for the weekend. Really really SLOW fishing. Saw about 5 fish caught saturday out of the 50 guys fishing, and about 6 today. Didn't get anything saturday. Today my grandpa did catch a fish off eggs but....After fighting about a 10lb chrome bright fish for about 5 minutes on a little trout rod, he landed the fish, got it up on the bank, it chewed through his leader, snapped the leader started flopping towards the water, he then tried to grab the fish, tripped backwards into the water and off went the fish right over his feet. Ah, i couldn't believe that happened. He hooked one more and i lost a big fish that snapped my leader. Just really slow. We actually did better than some. Also, water was pretty low and clear, but the flow was really fast. So... no pictures yet...Fun trip though.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I tell ya one thing this steelhead season isnt even close to starting off as good as last year. The fish arent showin up....... Anywhere

EAmon ___hoffman123
Lieutenant

Post by EAmon ___hoffman123 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Fishin's been slow for us on the nooch too! We hardly only gotten a few! still alot of coho that are chrome!
There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.
Anthony Trollope

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Can't spend another day standing on one little rock at reiter. Need to get the boat out on the upper sky. Guess I'm just gunna have to bite the bullet and pay someone to show me that stretch. Anyone know a good driftboat guide that runs high bridge to sultan?

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I normally fish the early morning and get the hell outta there before for everyone shows up. everyone thinks they can cast all over the river and get pissed when you hook up with them. that chick that was next to me got wrapped up with me twice and my buddy once and we were float fishin! Probably gonna hit it again tuesday morning

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Steelheadin360 wrote:I normally fish the early morning and get the hell outta there before for everyone shows up. everyone thinks they can cast all over the river and get pissed when you hook up with them. that chick that was next to me got wrapped up with me twice and my buddy once and we were float fishin! Probably gonna hit it again tuesday morning
well good luck! i might go mid-week, but im gonna go back to the river i was catching fish in earlier in the week, less people and a few more winters around than there right now. Let me know how ya do!

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Fished Pilchuck today with no luck! Is there any good steelheading anywhere. The Pilchuck just bums me! Cowlitz producing?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm

primetime wrote:Fished Pilchuck today with no luck! Is there any good steelheading anywhere. The Pilchuck just bums me! Cowlitz producing?
Kinda, cow hasnt taken off yet either. All these reports from every single river with crappy steelheading is really starting to bum me out, every river i fish has been unbearably slow, i want my 10 fish steelhead days from last year, none of this work all day for 1 or 2 crap. Where are they? I hear the coast is even really crappy, what the hell?

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm

come on I am trying to be positive after not fishing for 2 days I am ready....bring on the fish, and it sure would be nice to come home tomorrow and not have to dry everything out like all my recent fishing days. If it is going to rain non stop all day at least let there be fish!!!! haha

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am

Steelheadin360 wrote:I normally fish the early morning and get the hell outta there before for everyone shows up. everyone thinks they can cast all over the river and get pissed when you hook up with them. that chick that was next to me got wrapped up with me twice and my buddy once and we were float fishin! Probably gonna hit it again tuesday morning
I'm with you there, either that or I'll fish down lower early in the day and show up around noon when everybody starts to clear out. The other week the guy downstream from me was getting snagged up in the same spot on literally every cast. Just about walked up and handed him a bobber, but thought better of it and just moved.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 am

Someone has their picture in the northwest sportsman mag.... holding a steelhead!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 am

Missed that one did ya? There was already a bunch of chatter in this thread and in another. The correction for the caption will be forthcoming in the next issue.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!