I need help

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dontknowanything
Petty Officer

Re: I need help

Post by dontknowanything » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 pm

dontknowanything wrote:
DavidA wrote:DontKnow:
I'm up in north Kitsap, fish local lakes in an inflatable quite regularly and was able to get out just this last Saturday (2x13-14" rainbows). If you don't mind me asking, How old is your kid? Even though we waited until it was sunny, after the rain, it was quite cold. So you don't turn her off fishing, you may want to wait until spring. If you want to meet up shortly after most lakes open (late April), I can ALMOST guarantee a limit of rainbows within about 30 minutes from here.
she is 8 now i work in samamish so how far from there r u i dont know the area very well i just moved here from ohio so i m big on the fishing all year round rian snow shine
sure r there any year round lakes because if the lake isnt in the regs it is year round

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 am

It'll state in the 'special regs' if any lake isn't a year round lake. That's why you have to read the whole thing.
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Just as an FYI The Raging river is in Preston/ Fall City. Neah Bay is way the heck west. Like 4 hour drive from Fall City.You can catch Whitefish in most rivers. Those are a good Midwest /eastcoast Fish.

dontknowanything
Petty Officer

Post by dontknowanything » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm

kzoo wrote:Not sure if I like giving advice to a Buckeye, but at least you asked nicely!

There aren't any known pike fisheries on the west side of Washington. There are tiger muskies in a few waters. Lake Tapps here locally, but I believe it drains in the winter time to control the weed growth.

Lake fishing sucks here in the winter, unless you have a large enough boat to troll for cutts/rainbows. You can try fishing at Sammamish for some perch, but they'll be deep. Probably like what Bodo said, Beaver might be your best option, local where you work, small enough to take your dingy, they have trout there.

I'm from the midwest as well, first winter was brutal for me, the next winter I picked up winter steelhead fishing, it's a blast, but there's a learning curve and probably not suitable for an eight year old, need a lot of patience in cold crappy weather.

Good luck, if you can hold out for the winter, spring and summer lake fishing is pretty fun here. Washington has an incredible trout planting program here in early spring. Lots of these smaller lakes will get saturated with little hatchery trout, easy pickings for the kids.
we have been running thru lake here in tacoma area caught a few and if anyone fishes for muskie i wont to learn how and my kid will love to i will pass some thing i know from back home things we do i found a real good spot on a lalehere we just used spoons caught the limit of five on trout alot of those red eyed bass tho to wish the wdfd would stock a few lake here with pike control them

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

dontknowanything wrote: we have been running thru lake here in tacoma area caught a few and if anyone fishes for muskie i wont to learn how and my kid will love to i will pass some thing i know from back home things we do i found a real good spot on a lalehere we just used spoons caught the limit of five on trout alot of those red eyed bass tho to wish the wdfd would stock a few lake here with pike control them
If you want muskies there's a section in the forum that I'm sure has a bunch of good information for that. As for pike, WDFW doesn't stock them and actually exterminates them whenever they show up in a lake. They think that just because they are large predators they will eat up every rainbow west of Idaho. [thumbdn] Frankly I'm tired of 9" trout that taste like dogfood.