Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Post by Toni » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, I went and did it. For good or bad I bought a bigger boat. 1973 Silverline. 15 foot. I now have a new large learning curve!

Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

edge540
Commander

Re: Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Post by edge540 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Nice! Thats a great boat...I used to have one like it. =D>

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:14 pm

So far there are only a few things wrong.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Thats good, yours looks much nicer then mine was. I had an old evinrude on mine that always ran great. Super stable fishing platform. I still have an old top hanging in the shop from one of my old boats. used to run a propane heater back by the transome facing forward this time of year, Nice and warm while trolling under the canvas.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 am

40 years old? That girl's in great shape! I had a 74'Sea Sprite in the late 80s that looked close to that but no way as nice, mercruiser, I/O.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 am

congrats Toni! That opens up so many new fisheries for you - save your gas money for a trip to Merwin next year. [thumbup]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 am

Mike Carey wrote:congrats Toni! That opens up so many new fisheries for you - save your gas money for a trip to Merwin next year. [thumbup]
I was thinking of Baker for sockeye

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:00 am

What a nice interior and outer hull. It reminds me of an older Ford Falcon (1963) with that red interior. . Good luck on her. May you lots of fish blood in it.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 am

racfish wrote:What a nice interior and outer hull. It reminds me of an older Ford Falcon (1963) with that red interior. . Good luck on her. May you lots of fish blood in it.
Thank you. My intentions are the make fish blood its perfume.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:44 am

Very clean looking boat! I had a 15' Reinell tri-hull in which I stripped out the interior and re-decorated to make it more fishing friendly. The design is nice and stable and tracks well in windy conditions, you're going to enjoy your time on the water with her.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

Congrats Toni. Looks a lot like my Bayliner Cascade Tri-hull, except your's is a lot cleaner. [thumbup]

I only have one issue with Tri-Hulls in general, in choppy water you cant go that fast or you start hopping from wave top to wave top. Kinda hard on the spine if you ask me.

On the other hand. I found it to be very stable with fishing off of the bow. Left to right movements did not cause much roll in the boat. Fishing 4 people was also fairly easy room and stability wise.

Again, Congratulations! :cheers:
Last edited by Rich McVey on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:31 am

I've always got a soft spot for red boats. :) If it's new to you get someone with another boat to go out with you the first couple trips and shake 'er down good. Remember, there are no tow trucks out there. Lets see, fish finder, kicker, anchors, life jackets, first aid, flares, the list goes on and on, enjoy the shopping!!!! [woot]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 am

Congrats. :cheers: LOTS of room to fish out of that boat. You'll have fun with it. It won't take too long to get used to it, then you'll be running all over the lakes. Image
Tom.

Interests: living

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 am

Nice boat Toni! That looks like a fish catching machine!

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm

CONGRATS TONI, That's a NICE looking ride you got there Toni, can't wait to see the fishie pis on her. What's her name???

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Toni wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:congrats Toni! That opens up so many new fisheries for you - save your gas money for a trip to Merwin next year. [thumbup]
Both!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
Toni wrote:
Both!
That IS a lot of gas.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:47 pm

blufin loui wrote:CONGRATS TONI, That's a NICE looking ride you got there Toni, can't wait to see the fishie pis on her. What's her name???
Ol' Girl
Kokanee Kid told me I couldn't call her that 'cause that was my old boat. So Ol' Girl 2.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 pm

G-Man wrote:Very clean looking boat! I had a 15' Reinell tri-hull in which I stripped out the interior and re-decorated to make it more fishing friendly. The design is nice and stable and tracks well in windy conditions, you're going to enjoy your time on the water with her.
I might have to pick your brain because this isn't fishing friendly boat. There is hardly any room with the seats to try to net a fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Went out today for my first ride and kokanee kid came with me.

Real short video to hear it run