Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dicinu
Commander

Re: Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by dicinu » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 pm

a little bit off topic but I bought a water proof box for my gps and removable face plate for my stereo. I take those out with me when I fish helps not to loss the extra gear. but still does not solve the issue of a broken window.

rpm10
Petty Officer

Post by rpm10 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Sounds like it is time for some hunting.....

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 am

never had anything broken into yet. I know there a lot of sketchy places in Eastern wa with all the gangs and meth heads out there. I never leave anything worth of money in my rig. And I always can see my rig most of the time from a lake. And I always have my gun on me. Especially in eastern wa.

253Caster
Warrant Officer

Post by 253Caster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm

These break-ins were outside of fishing, but since I see countless fishermen park in the area I thought I would give a heads up. If you fish the Puyallup near Momma Stortini's at the end of E. Main or the White/Puke confluence beware of prowlers and car thieves. I lived in the apartments behind Momma's for about a year and had my car broke into several times and one time they took the whole damn thing with them... I'm not the only victim too, there are plenty of others all the time. If your decided on parking in that area, secure valuables and park directly across from the resturaunt.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 pm

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... 13&t=16555" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clear Lake break in..
Cast first, worry later.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism ?

in my driveway at home... thieves are everywhere.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Nowadays I take my Honda fishing cuz it has a trunk to hide everything. If you leave gear or anything worth a dollar or more it will be stolen I dont care where you park and fish.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 am

Last edited by gfakkema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

racfish wrote:Nowadays I take my Honda fishing cuz it has a trunk to hide everything. If you leave gear or anything worth a dollar or more it will be stolen I dont care where you park and fish.
These days thieves are breaking windows to find the lever to open the trunk of your car. I'd like to drive my truck more often, but I've had my catalytic converter stolen before. Just no hiding these days.

It'd be so easy for cops to set up a sting, just put a bait car with a GPS on the dash. Install a trackable chip in the GPS and you'll find the thieves. Of course if they catch these pukes, theyll just be out the next day.

rickydbasser
Petty Officer

Post by rickydbasser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 pm

From personal experience, what I've heard, and all the glass shards from window glass in the parking lot....my vote is Kapowsin Lake. The biggest reason is its one of the few boat launches where the parking area is up the hill and away from view from anywhere on the lake.

rickydbasser
Petty Officer

Post by rickydbasser » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

I may have shared this once before. But its a story worth repeating in this forum. An older gentleman that was a member of our bass club was returning to the boat launch at Ohop Lake. He saw his truck jacked up on one side and two men in the beginning stages of stripping it. He yelled at that. They turned and one of them yelled back, "We're working on our truck. Now mind your own business old man!" The "old man" pulled out his 45 cal. pistol, jacked a round in the chamber and fired off three rounds into the bank in from of them. They couldn't get to their vehicle fast enough, leaving behind their 2 ton hydrolic jack and tool box filled with an estimated $500 worth of tools. Which the "old man" is now a proud owner of.....I love stories like that.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 am

rickydbasser wrote:I may have shared this once before. But its a story worth repeating in this forum. An older gentleman that was a member of our bass club was returning to the boat launch at Ohop Lake. He saw his truck jacked up on one side and two men in the beginning stages of stripping it. He yelled at that. They turned and one of them yelled back, "We're working on our truck. Now mind your own business old man!" The "old man" pulled out his 45 cal. pistol, jacked a round in the chamber and fired off three rounds into the bank in from of them. They couldn't get to their vehicle fast enough, leaving behind their 2 ton hydrolic jack and tool box filled with an estimated $500 worth of tools. Which the "old man" is now a proud owner of.....I love stories like that.
Good Story, I only wish I hear more stories like this one.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm

That is a great story. I wouldve loved some nice jacks like that. Those are stories that a good to hear.Too bad you cant hook up a taser powered device that would make the tweeker un movable with shock. Id set up the car that way and have a remote for it. Now that would be very satisfying.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 am

It's all good as long as none of our fine LE boys and girls didn’t happen upon the scene. Very, very lucky for the guy protecting his truck. That in its self, begs for some serious thought. He shot the gun, LE would have taken his gun, the tools and the jack and given him a ride downtown to talk about discharging a fire arm, leaving his truck at the scene for the second go around. Not to mention the ticket for for firing across a road.

Been down that road and had my gun taken away for three months and I was defending myself not just property. It took calling the detective in charge of the case every day to ask for my gun back. Many days it took several calls to actually get a hold of him. If I hadn't called him every day, my gun would have slipped in to evidence never, never land as it was never formally cataloged (wow imagine that?). He would have had himself a nice Colt King Cobra that was registered to me. Wow how handy would that be???? Not the first time I've had things confiscated and pocketed.....
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

quantumcloud509
Angler

Post by quantumcloud509 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Back-end of Cooks Lake up by Usk, and 9 Mile Falls boat launch. Man, even though both of these were 4+ years ago, it just sucked that much more because I was trying to get out and away from the crap going on in the city...

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

anywhere in everett

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

BassSlayer1981 wrote:never had anything broken into yet. I know there a lot of sketchy places in Eastern wa with all the gangs and meth heads out there. I never leave anything worth of money in my rig. And I always can see my rig most of the time from a lake. And I always have my gun on me. Especially in eastern wa.
I always pack in Eastern Wa. Besides the methers and gangs there are also dem slithery rattlers. I dont like any of them.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Another recent problem-
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=16649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another bad day at the Kapowsin Lake boat launch
by rickydbasser » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Went to Kapowsin Lake last Friday. Heard about all the break-ins there. And this was backed up when I saw all the shards of broken window glass up in the parking area. Made sure I had no valuables in my truck, and just left in unlocked. Wasn't enough....When I came back to get my truck to load up my boat found that my drivers side rain visor over my door had been ripped off. Ofcourse, because of the heavy glue holding it, only a part came off, breaking the rest, pealing the paint, and leaving a mess. To replace it costs $54.00 for a pair, which is the only way you can buy them, not to mention the paint damage. I will never go back to that lake again. Nothing but a run down old town full of meth heads. And a boat launch where the parking area is up the hill away from where anything can be seen. So sad. I was raised in Kapowsin, worked as a logger for St. Regis for 18 years, and it was a nice community. How things have changed. Like I said, I will never fish that lake again.
rickydbasser
Petty Officer
Cast first, worry later.

Fishingadam
Petty Officer

Post by Fishingadam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 am

Same hear went to kapowsin during late December early January and had hose tubing cut to siphon gas. Lost half a tank and about 75 dollars in repairs. Plus time. Luckily we made it home on what was left in the tank. Didn't want to go there from all the stories I had heard but gave it a shot anyways and look what happened. I think the police need to set up bait cars out there and catch a few once and for all.

StanFrieze
Angler

Post by StanFrieze » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 am

Well I have never had any problems there but I have seen a LOT of tweakers at Kapowsin lake. I guess even they are smart enough to not mess with a truck that has a full grown Rottweiler guarding it. [laugh] I did have someone TRY to break into my truck at spanaway lake once. Fool must have though bad dog sign was a ruse. Cost me 75 dollars for a tet shot for the idiot but it was worth it. Fool actually tried to have me charged with having a viscous dog. LOL Cop told him since I was paying for his shot and since he was trying to break into my truck that he better count himself lucky and call it at that.