Heres a monster

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
schu7498
Commander

Re: Heres a monster

Post by schu7498 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

I went out a week ago to see only a few other fishermen. then I went out Wednesday and Thursday to find the river crowded with snaggers bragging about having twice their daily limit, trying to block the fish from swimming up river ect its a horrible scene at the tahuya right now. just pitiful. The hole I like to fish had 8 guys standing in it trying to snag fish. really makes my heart sink when I saw that and I don't fish far up, so y ou know any fish past that hole are going to be super spooked. On a better note I found a hole lower down in the estuary full of happy aggressive coho and I quickly limited on my hand tied jigs. so word of advice if you go. fish below the snaggers and you'll find willing biters.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I went last saturday and there were so many people in the spot i fished, couldn't find any other holes on the river. But it's sad to see so many people snagging and over limiting on fish all day.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:36 pm

good job shu, what color jigs were you using, I tried jigs once at the dewatto but only hooked cutthroats. I am surprised I have not heard much on the skok and there chums or coho recently, should be stacked.

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah the only thing I've read on the skok has been from gamefishin. I've tied so many different colored jigs, but the color I've found the coho can't resist at least on the tahuya is pink head with dark purple marabou a. hint of dark pink and blue and green flash. I will probly check out the skok on my next day off.