oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Re: oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 pm

outbreed360 wrote:haha we race superbikes look at his beanie. can you identify the company??

noone?? hmmm lame

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

outbreed360 wrote:the flyfishers have good luck at the gauntlet ive never had any luck on anything besides corkies. at the mouth ill use black #10's or vibrax but up river everyone, including me uses corkies. oh and watch for the people using eggweights at the bottom of the line and mooching setup. they usually have no waders and are waist deep in the water
Didn't know just corkies work. When i can't use bait on a river, i use beads and red, pink, or purple yarn normally, and my favorite...Pearl pink corkies. Why do i need to watch out for those people?

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:the flyfishers have good luck at the gauntlet ive never had any luck on anything besides corkies. at the mouth ill use black #10's or vibrax but up river everyone, including me uses corkies. oh and watch for the people using eggweights at the bottom of the line and mooching setup. they usually have no waders and are waist deep in the water
Didn't know just corkies work. When i can't use bait on a river, i use beads and red, pink, or purple yarn normally, and my favorite...Pearl pink corkies. Why do i need to watch out for those people?
no just saying youll see them.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

not watch out for them just watch them its great

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
BlakeP wrote:
no just saying youll see them.

beads are fine but i dont really use them i just dont like the fact that its kinda feels like nothing on the hook to offer.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Oh, yeah..I like beads or corkies. But i always use yarn(or eggs where legal) with them.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 pm

BlakeP wrote:Oh, yeah..I like beads or corkies. But i always use yarn(or eggs where legal) with them.
im prolly going tommrow with seattlesbeast (member) or alone ill post pics and reports. beads are good but my luck up river is with chartruse corkies.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
BlakeP wrote:Oh, yeah..I like beads or corkies. But i always use yarn(or eggs where legal) with them.
im prolly going tommrow with seattlesbeast (member) or alone ill post pics and reports. beads are good but my luck up river is with chartruse corkies.
Good luck, and catch big fish! I picked up some green corkies, but couldn't find chartruse ones. Have chartruse yarn though.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:
Good luck, and catch big fish! I picked up some green corkies, but couldn't find chartruse ones. Have chartruse yarn though.
from my experience tahuya fish loves green or chartruse corkies. yarn should work also. again short leaders because its really low at low tide. thanks man! good luck to you also!!

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm

outbreed360 wrote:look how small the hole is. this is my friends ho's at tahuya

that hole was FULL of fish before he got his two and spooked them all btw

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Well i'll try green corkies and maybe chartruse yarn then. I normally pre-tie leaders kinda of long, but i just shorten them when i get to the river depending on what the water is like. Thanks, hopefully i will do okay. First few trips to a river, is learning more than anything. sometimes.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm

outbreed360 wrote:

How many would you say were in the hole? Also do they come up in schools? or just stack up in holes?

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm

heres my friends last ho he got before he goes to prison on friday
Attachments
10031202.jpg
10031202.jpg (79.6 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
Last edited by outbreed360 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm

That's...A nice coho...Was it weighed?..

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:

How many would you say were in the hole? Also do they come up in schools? or just stack up in holes?
they just stack up and do get spooked when you get a fish on but they will come up back in quickly or theyll hide in the hole behind the one your in!

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 pm

BlakeP wrote:That's...A nice coho...Was it weighed?..
no he gave it to my mom and hes gone for 8 years for a b&e. look at the pics hes faded for his last trip out. i dunno the weight ild guess 8 to 10lbs

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:27 pm

oh...Looks about 10lbs or so...So.. basically can only land one and move to a new hole or wait a bit for the fish to calm down then?

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:

there was prolly 15 at least! in that small hole and when he got done and stompd in it they were all gone. thats my favorite hole and least snaggy.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

That's a good number of fish for a small hole. I will most likely just hike till i spot fish in a decent spot.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

BlakeP wrote:oh...Looks about 10lbs or so...So.. basically can only land one and move to a new hole or wait a bit for the fish to calm down then?
youll get one and fight it in and i wouldnt say they get spooky they just break and go up or down river and next thing you know theyll be back stacked up 10 to 20 deep in 5 mins