oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Re: oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:and when the tides come in hit up the mouth of the dewatto for some famous lunker coho, buzz bombs, spinners, cut plug and beads.
I did not know that was an old train track for logging, I guess I have not been over there for years as well haha, funny thing is that I have only been there 3 times and all three time there has been loads of fish, is there less pressure on it than the dewatto.

very true alot of people go to dewatto more often than tahuya, gammies are always at dewatto maybe because alot of people are kinda not clued into tahuya? idk? then again ive talked to ther gammers at tahuya plenty of times but more at dewatto

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm

hey outbreed have you always lived in bremerton, sounds like you know a lot about the local areas man.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

edit i ment right side of the bridge and cross the street to the left sorry long day.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:hey outbreed have you always lived in bremerton, sounds like you know a lot about the local areas man.

yup im a native to bremerton i came here when i was 7 and im 30 now. i do alot of fishing over here and know the whole area and what to expect. i got some sceret spots her in town also. oh and i noticed that you posted that you live a mile away from brownsville, i live two miles from brownsville on illahee! i think i drove past you when you parked at the bridge by the marina looking at the creek with someonelese with you. do you drive a green ford ranger pickup?

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Couldn't really find the bridge, just tahuya river road. But from the service road...How do you get down to the river?

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
very true alot of people go to dewatto more often than tahuya, gammies are always at dewatto maybe because alot of people are kinda not clued into tahuya? idk? then again ive talked to ther gammers at tahuya plenty of times but more at dewatto
that is true, lots of poaching on the dewatto, people are always keeping more fish or snagging, since you can not use bait that is why the beads are so effective they look like an egg. Countless dewatto coho have been taken on that rig, Have you ever fished that pull off inbetween the bridge and the camp ground, a few years a go there was this awesome hole that was a tree rut and the tree in the middle and about 8ft deep held 200+ coho in it all of october easy limits of chrome all year then it got filled in I was so mad than last winter the camp ground hole got filled in that I fished. I have no idea where I am going to fish this year now though. ](*,)

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:05 pm

BlakeP wrote:Couldn't really find the bridge, just tahuya river road. But from the service road...How do you get down to the river?
no you go past tahuya river road and get to north shore rd. google north shore rd. i dont go the long way around. you drive just past belfair state park and take a right on idk what the name of the road is but it starts out as a huge incline (hill) and gunn it past efondolf rd and follow it all the way down past tahuya river rd. and come to a stop sign and take a left on north shore rd. and almost immediately by the bridge. ill google it for you hold up a sec.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:
that is true, lots of poaching on the dewatto, people are always keeping more fish or snagging, since you can not use bait that is why the beads are so effective they look like an egg. Countless dewatto coho have been taken on that rig, Have you ever fished that pull off inbetween the bridge and the camp ground, a few years a go there was this awesome hole that was a tree rut and the tree in the middle and about 8ft deep held 200+ coho in it all of october easy limits of chrome all year then it got filled in I was so mad than last winter the camp ground hole got filled in that I fished. I have no idea where I am going to fish this year now though. ](*,)

YEAH!! that little campground area is the place. right when you walk down its that hole that you speak of. i know the spot. i would rather go to tahuya if their running strong. if not then ill hit up dewatto at the hole. oh yea tons of snagging going on at dewatto i think thats why the wardens love to watch dewatto.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
BlakeP wrote:Couldn't really find the bridge, just tahuya river road. But from the service road...How do you get down to the river?
no you go past tahuya river road and get to north shore rd. google north shore rd. i dont go the long way around. you drive just past belfair state park and take a right on idk what the name of the road is but it starts out as a huge incline (hill) and gunn it past efondolf rd and follow it all the way down past tahuya river rd. and come to a stop sign and take a left on north shore rd. and almost immediately by the bridge. ill google it for you hold up a sec.
Okay, yeah sorry...But just couldn't find it. Really thanks for the help.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:
Okay, yeah sorry...But just couldn't find it. Really thanks for the help.
okay sorry someone came over. i go just past the belfair state park and take a right on tahuya river rd and follow it all the way down untill north shore rd where the bridge is. google belfair state park and youll find it with no problem.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 pm

So it's that bridge that goes across the big section by the mouth?

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 pm

or google mouth of tahuya river in belfair.thatll take you to it.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

BlakeP wrote:So it's that bridge that goes across the big section by the mouth?
yes thats it. google map it and right after the bridge on the left side of the bridge across the street will be the service road with a locked gate in front of it. just walk around the gate(your allowed to, it has a spot for it) and follow the road upwards.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah, i found the gate. I feel stupid now cause i was looking at that bridge the whole time #-o thanks for the help though, and i'll tell ya how we do, if we go on saturday.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm

np let me know i have pics i took and a couple of the hogs my friend pulled out on my phone when i get around to it. going to sleep now ill post them tommrow.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm

outbreed360 wrote:np let me know i have pics i took and a couple of the hogs my friend pulled out on my phone when i get around to it. going to sleep now ill post them tommrow.
Sounds good. Haven't seen any pictures of fish from there yet.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 am

outbreed360 wrote:
Brat Bonker wrote:hey outbreed have you always lived in bremerton, sounds like you know a lot about the local areas man.

yup im a native to bremerton i came here when i was 7 and im 30 now. i do alot of fishing over here and know the whole area and what to expect. i got some sceret spots her in town also. oh and i noticed that you posted that you live a mile away from brownsville, i live two miles from brownsville on illahee! i think i drove past you when you parked at the bridge by the marina looking at the creek with someonelese with you. do you drive a green ford ranger pickup?
I am only 17 but have ben born and raised here and just this year I found out that dyes inlet has a run of salmon haha and no that was not me, crimson pontiac is me, last time I was at brownsville was last friday night under the bridge.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 pm

i fish these rivers alot. theyll be dead until rain
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:i fish these rivers alot. theyll be dead until rain
no not this year its full of em go check out tahuya its not a joke this year. no rain and tons of fish. im not false reporting. go check it out seriously!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

hey outbreed ever fished the mouth of barker creek?