oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Re: oh yeah tahuya and dewatto is open on monday!

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 pm

okay i shouldnt report this but.... its my thread. okay tahuya river is STACKED!!!!!!! soooo many chrome silvers in it now. i was there today at 1300 and gdam its has soo many. tommrow ill be there early. heads up its full with no rain. like i said before that small river dosent need any rain. dont believe me? go look for yourself. bummer that there isint any smelt at the bridge though. i liked getting smelt after getting my limit. yea no rain and tons of chromatic oh yea.. check it out though cuz the chrome ho's are stacked oh yea no joke!

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm

outbreed360 wrote:okay i shouldnt report this but.... its my thread. okay tahuya river is STACKED!!!!!!! soooo many chrome silvers in it now. i was there today at 1300 and gdam its has soo many. tommrow ill be there early. heads up its full with no rain. like i said before that small river dosent need any rain. dont believe me? go look for yourself. bummer that there isint any smelt at the bridge though. i liked getting smelt after getting my limit. yea no rain and tons of chromatic oh yea.. check it out though cuz the chrome ho's are stacked oh yea no joke!
Good to hear! I'm probably going to be out there this thursday or friday.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:okay i shouldnt report this but.... its my thread. okay tahuya river is STACKED!!!!!!! soooo many chrome silvers in it now. i was there today at 1300 and gdam its has soo many. tommrow ill be there early. heads up its full with no rain. like i said before that small river dosent need any rain. dont believe me? go look for yourself. bummer that there isint any smelt at the bridge though. i liked getting smelt after getting my limit. yea no rain and tons of chromatic oh yea.. check it out though cuz the chrome ho's are stacked oh yea no joke!
hey man let me know when excataly your going to go there. ill go and meet up with you. again i looked at every spot on the river today and it was nothing but tons of ho's. when she was saying "ohhh it needs to rain and they only come in the late october" oh no like i said thats my ish and its my stomping grounds i know this river and i know how to catch.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Not sure when i'm going exactly, yet. But our truck needs some work, so looks like it will be more like the weekend. Sounds good though, as long as you don't have a problem fishing with a kid...I know what i'm doing though.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

im going bat ish crazy thinking about that river after what i saw.. best year in 5 years!!! i brang my 10 guage and didnt see a single seal to pepper. i know birdshot wont kill em but it leaves a mark. HOLYISH ITS FN CRAZY STACKED your nuts if you dont go to the tahuya right now. im taking my week vacation just to fish that river. best ive seen in 5 years!!! my gf is going to be really mad at me lol. actually she will prolly be there with me but just mad cuz shes a stuck up .........

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
BlakeP wrote:
hey man let me know when excataly your going to go there. ill go and meet up with you. again i looked at every spot on the river today and it was nothing but tons of ho's. when she was saying "ohhh it needs to rain and they only come in the late october" oh no like i said thats my ish and its my stomping grounds i know this river and i know how to catch.
no worries i can show you the good holes and the how to's tahuya is what i like heavy shields [thumbup]

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 pm

i saw some HUGE ho's in ther like 12 to 15 pound ho's.. all native too! cant wait for tommrow its ON!!!!!

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 pm

outbreed360 wrote:i saw some HUGE ho's in ther like 12 to 15 pound ho's.. all native too! cant wait for tommrow its ON!!!!!
Those are some nice coho's. Gotta try and go out there, soon!

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 pm

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:i saw some HUGE ho's in ther like 12 to 15 pound ho's.. all native too! cant wait for tommrow its ON!!!!!
tahuya river is all native and it always has bigger than normal ho's that you see at other rivers!!!

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 pm

outbreed360 wrote:
BlakeP wrote:
tahuya river is all native and it always has bigger than normal ho's that you see at other rivers!!!
Yeah, not many rivers around where i live that have fish like that. Though the dungeness has some really big hatchery fish out there. My avarage is 12lbs up to 18. But would be nice to get some big fish early, out at the tahuya. I've only landed one big coho this year so far, and it was a 12lb buck out of the quil.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 pm

12lbs at the quill is HUGE!!! tahuya is 12lbs easy sooooo many right now im like retard happy about tahuya ahhhhh im nothing but smililly

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:10 pm

outbreed360 wrote:12lbs at the quill is HUGE!!! tahuya is 12lbs easy sooooo many right now im like retard happy about tahuya ahhhhh im nothing but smililly
Is it? I've lost a few bigger than that. But i was happy when i pulled out the 12lb fish. Haha, i know the feeling. I'm really looking forward to fishing the tahuya though. Haven't been to a new river in a year.

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 am

BlakeP wrote:
outbreed360 wrote:12lbs at the quill is HUGE!!! tahuya is 12lbs easy sooooo many right now im like retard happy about tahuya ahhhhh im nothing but smililly
Is it? I've lost a few bigger than that. But i was happy when i pulled out the 12lb fish. Haha, i know the feeling. I'm really looking forward to fishing the tahuya though. Haven't been to a new river in a year.

im going to tahuya in an hour from now! oohhh yeah!!

Major Backlash
Angler

Post by Major Backlash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:57 am

Hi folks...

New to WA and Salt & River fishing. But I did spend a day on the Rogue (Oregon) PLUNKING with Spin Glo. Is that a popular way to fish the rivers around here? Also if ya know, I live in Gig Harbor... what river (s) are close to me for Salmon / Trout fishing?

Thanks
Maj. Backlash

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 pm

thanks for the reports. i'll be in the boat by the mouth wednesday and/or thursday.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 pm

hahaha if you think 12lbs is huge on that river try a 19-20lb beast I hooked last year, released it becuase it was snagged though but boy that fish was big, unclipped too.
I like Dewatto fish but most of the big fish genes have been wiped out becuase of the netting, even the small 8lbers had shoulders true natives in those rivers. Any reports on the dewatto skipped going there to go to clear ck in silverdale.
Did you atleast hook any on the tahuyah? What are some good rigs to use out there, PM me if you want.

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 pm

I saw a 24lber pulled out of the quil last year. Was hatchery i think, but huge! Will be interesting to heear if any were hooked on the tahuya today...

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

my buddy said he friend limited out in dewatto bay this morning so must be a good run this year...hopefully [-o<

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:my buddy said he friend limited out in dewatto bay this morning so must be a good run this year...hopefully [-o<
Yeah, i hope so. I'm planning on hitting the tahuya or dewatto on saturday. It's my grandpa's birthday and i figured a big coho would be a good gift. :)

outbreed360
Warrant Officer

Post by outbreed360 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:54 pm

brat, yeah tahuya is full of ho's. i didnt even waste time going to dewatto. its tahuya all month long. i use a green #10 corky with about a foot to a foot and a half leader. i got two on monday. been busy with work so i havent been online untill now. maybe ill see you down there.