What type of Cannon Downrigger is this....

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
GONE4CUTTS
Angler

What type of Cannon Downrigger is this....

Post by GONE4CUTTS » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:42 pm

I recently purchased a Cannon downrigger from a garage sale and am unable to identify what model it is. It has a 2' boom, fat boom, not the skinny one and at the base there is a center screw to attach it to a mounting plate. No mention anywhere to identify what type it is. I need a base for it. Any ideas welcomed...thanks

G-Man
Admiral

Re: What type of Cannon Downrigger is this....

Post by G-Man » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 am

If you could throw up a pic or two, it would help with the identification.

Snowbird2008
Petty Officer

Post by Snowbird2008 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

GONE4CUTTS wrote:I recently purchased a Cannon downrigger from a garage sale and am unable to identify what model it is. It has a 2' boom, fat boom, not the skinny one and at the base there is a center screw to attach it to a mounting plate. No mention anywhere to identify what type it is. I need a base for it. Any ideas welcomed...thanks
Last edited by Snowbird2008 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GONE4CUTTS
Angler

Post by GONE4CUTTS » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks to all who posted on this situation...I really do appreciate it...I took the downrigger into Sportco today and was told it is a Uni-Troll model...an older one at that...but to my surprise, they had one mounting bracket for it left...I got it and am now anxious to go out and give it a try...thanks again...