my gloomis popping rod

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
DeLukefur
Petty Officer

my gloomis popping rod

Post by DeLukefur » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:16 pm

hello guys, i was looking up my gloomis classic popping rod and had no idea it was used for salt water, so i was wondering if it would still be good for fresh water. Freshwater is what i use it for.

thanks, luke
One of my favorite things to do is fish for bass. My favorite setup is a G-Loomis GL2 popping with a Abu Garcia Revo SX bait caster.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: my gloomis popping rod

Post by Amx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 pm

If you use it and it works, then it works.

The rod doesn't know what water it is, what lure is on it, what line is on it, what reel is on it, or what fish is on the end of the line.
Tom.

Interests: living

DeLukefur
Petty Officer

Post by DeLukefur » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:23 pm

thankyou, just thought it wouldnt work that great for freshwater, as that is not what it is made for.

Luke.
One of my favorite things to do is fish for bass. My favorite setup is a G-Loomis GL2 popping with a Abu Garcia Revo SX bait caster.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I use as few rods for what they 'weren't made for'. I even have a casting rod that I put spinning guides on, works great.
Tom.

Interests: living

DeLukefur
Petty Officer

Post by DeLukefur » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:32 pm

thanks again! I have had good luck with my popping rod just recently, very sensitive and i love it.

Luke