Skok-chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
losaturn
Warrant Officer

Re: Skok-chat

Post by losaturn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm

returnofthefish wrote:When does the king run end.there?
Sept.3 on the upper river, and Sept.5 on the lower river.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 pm

losaturn wrote:
returnofthefish wrote:When does the king run end.there?
Sept.3 on the upper river, and Sept.5 on the lower river.
Thanks man. Guess I wont be back till next year.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Well hold on for a second, it closes sept 5th. and reopens on the 16th. Ill be fuishing a new hole then cause there will be more silvers then kings
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:47 pm

You can't keep Kings once the lower river reopens Sept.16 .

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm

R.Ton wrote:
dicinu wrote:well I am a little late I fished Saturday with a buddy we fished his fishing hole along with 20 other people. I only foul hooked one fish all day I hooked a lot of fish. it was fun watching them chase my beads & hook... kept one fish roughly 14# gutted hen. hooked on the tongue bonked bleed. later hooked again on the tongue same set up beads and hook this one was a Nat. revved and released...I had another in the mouth prior to that one yelled fish on and some Dbag decided he wanted to try an snag my fish tossed his line right on top of the fish snapped my line.

it was a great day my buddy was playing a game of catch and release he wasn't looking to keep any fish. he just likes the fun of catching them.
first 2 fish legally hooked: YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No catch and release at all on the Skok. a dead horse but people: READ THE REGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO I could of kept the the Nat fish? and Before you jump to your ole high and Mighty Knowledge you should ask if I landed the fish I hooked before you jump to conclusions. I only landed 3 fish that day One foul hooked and one I kept legal in the mouth and one Hooked in the mouth that was a Nat. which it is not legal to keep so I therefore can keep fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if your referring to my friend he hook 2 legal fish that he released. Sorry to hurt your feelings we fish to the regs. do not need any tickets on this side...

Glad to see you Jump to conclusions without asking a simple question. good Job buddy!!!

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

YOU MUST RETAIN ANY LEGAL FISH HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN DA MOUF YOU MUST KEEP IT!!!!!READ THE REGS BUDDY!!!!!! you said you foul hooked 1 fish all day but then later you said you hooked alot of fish? so whats really goin on? hopefully this lesson will be learned so another will not make the same mistake you did. You would have gotten a ticket. your buddy wouldve gotten a ticket. dont hate the messenger. =;

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Every post more B1tc#ing. Just like a nagging wife, after a while it just turns into WA, WA , WA, WAAAAAAAAA, WA, WA, WAAAAAAA, WA, WAAAAAAAAAA, WA, WA, WA. Sort of like the adults in the Charley Brown movies. I suppose if we really wanted to listen to noise, we could browse over to one of those other fishing forums and listen to the noise and get abused by the Jack H0l3s that frequent them. #-o #-o #-o #-o ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:53 pm

IF NOBODY SEES THE RELEASE ITS OK.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 pm

R.Ton wrote:YOU MUST RETAIN ANY LEGAL FISH HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN DA MOUF YOU MUST KEEP IT!!!!!READ THE REGS BUDDY!!!!!! you said you foul hooked 1 fish all day but then later you said you hooked alot of fish? so whats really goin on? hopefully this lesson will be learned so another will not make the same mistake you did. You would have gotten a ticket. your buddy wouldve gotten a ticket. dont hate the messenger. =;
Sorry Buddy But there you go Jumping to conclusions again. lets help you make your stay here a better one If you have questions Feel free to ask before you go making yourself look Like well a Mule.

Please RE- Read my Post!

I hooked a lot of fish Please tell me where I landed a lot of fish?

For someone that Likes to be all about reading. YOU should know how to read the Post I made no where did I say I or my buddy landed a bunch of fish I hooked fish and lost fish. The 3 fish I landed One foul hooked 2 in the mouth one a Nat. So Legally I could still fish. I Landed a Legal to keep fish I did just that. My buddy landed his 2 legal fish he let his go. SO please tell me where we are wrong. since you are the great all Mighty know it all...

I am sorry but you need to worry about how you fish and less about how others fish!

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 pm

double post!

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 pm

zefsidefishing wrote:IF NOBODY SEES THE RELEASE ITS OK.

lol you can try it if you want I spent the day once looking at the gammie in the bush's across the river from me watching people. no one else say him but me.

I am not one that wants a ticket. I keep it legal.

I will not toss back a Legal to keep fish that's for sure I take what I can get legally.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Bodofish wrote:Every post more B1tc#ing. Just like a nagging wife, after a while it just turns into WA, WA , WA, WAAAAAAAAA, WA, WA, WAAAAAAA, WA, WAAAAAAAAAA, WA, WA, WA. Sort of like the adults in the Charley Brown movies. I suppose if we really wanted to listen to noise, we could browse over to one of those other fishing forums and listen to the noise and get abused by the Jack H0l3s that frequent them. #-o #-o #-o #-o ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn] ](*,) [thumbdn]

Fuuny thing is this is where R.ton and a few of his buddies came from the so said other forum. But too many Dic's over there for me also too many know it all's. got to love the ones that know everything about nothing. I don't like to forum bash but people like that make forums worthless but to the like kind.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

Yeah I hit the one site for some advice when I was starting back into fishing. Needless to say I got jumped on for predominately plunking and asking a dumb question. Well you can about imagine the response they got. I haven't been back since and couldn't be happier!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 am

dicinu wrote:
R.Ton wrote:YOU MUST RETAIN ANY LEGAL FISH HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN DA MOUF YOU MUST KEEP IT!!!!!READ THE REGS BUDDY!!!!!! you said you foul hooked 1 fish all day but then later you said you hooked alot of fish? so whats really goin on? hopefully this lesson will be learned so another will not make the same mistake you did. You would have gotten a ticket. your buddy wouldve gotten a ticket. dont hate the messenger. =;
Sorry Buddy But there you go Jumping to conclusions again. lets help you make your stay here a better one If you have questions Feel free to ask before you go making yourself look Like well a Mule.

Please RE- Read my Post!

I hooked a lot of fish Please tell me where I landed a lot of fish?

For someone that Likes to be all about reading. YOU should know how to read the Post I made no where did I say I or my buddy landed a bunch of fish I hooked fish and lost fish. The 3 fish I landed One foul hooked 2 in the mouth one a Nat. So Legally I could still fish. I Landed a Legal to keep fish I did just that. My buddy landed his 2 legal fish he let his go. SO please tell me where we are wrong. since you are the great all Mighty know it all...

I am sorry but you need to worry about how you fish and less about how others fish!
man read what you wrote again and again. and again. what your friend did was ILLEGAL. "my buddy landed his 2 legal fish he let his go...." 8-[ 8-[ he landed 2 legal fish. he is done. unless they are native then he can keep fishing. just learn from this man. and hope others will learn from this also. so again first 2 legal fish hooked you are done fishing. first 2 legal fish you are done fishing. good. glad I helped. =D> =D>

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:42 am

WA, WA, WAAAA, WA, WA, WA, WA, WA, WAAAAA, WA.

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am

Bodofish wrote:WA, WA, WAAAA, WA, WA, WA, WA, WA, WAAAAA, WA.
and this helps his buddy who did something illegal how? help the guy out dude and stop picking on me. [crying] [crying]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am

Doesn't matter what you do or say, you can't protect people from themselves. My point is no more drama, tone it down a notch or two and you will get people to pay attention and begin to gain their respect. It's good to suggest reading the regs. Once you do that it's up to them. If they are smart or at least paying attention, they will read the regs and adjust their tactics and retention policies. If not they may need a little different type stimulus to get them to follow the rules. We have WDFW and State Patrol officers for that and we pay them to do it.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 am

dere are loop hole in da reg, 2 fish in da mouf must be kept..just tighten drag all daway snap, oops dere go da fish #-o no law against that haha
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

OFFDAAHOOK wrote:dere are loop hole in da reg, 2 fish in da mouf must be kept..just tighten drag all daway snap, oops dere go da fish #-o no law against that haha
They actually want you to do that for the natives to lower the risk of mortallity instead of yarding the fish up the sandy beach and releasin it half dead.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

dicinu wrote:it was a great day my buddy was playing a game of catch and release he wasn't looking to keep any fish. he just likes the fun of catching them.
dicinu - please let your buddy know, if he was truely catching (as in banking, bringing to hand, netting, etc.) and releasing them that is indeed illegal on the Skokomish.

Per the regs, page 50:
Min. size 12”. Daily limit 2. Release wild CHINOOK and CHUM. Only
fish hooked inside the mouth may be retained. Anglers must retain the
first 2 SALMON, if legal to do so, and stop fishing
You can't just catch and release two clipped fish and go home, you have to keep em.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker