Hiding your lure expenses...

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
2000subaru
Commander

RE:Hiding your lure expenses...

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:44 am

quadradomus wrote:Well, I notice that all the guys are coming out of the closet with the $$ tricks! Here is a little fasty that works well. Whether you've got someone else you share expenses with or not, it will even help a single person. Whenever you right a check or debit into your checkbood register, always list it for at least the next whole dollar amount over what the actual price was. List a $24.35 check for $25.00 or better yet list as $26.00. At the end of the month when you go back to balance I guarantee you will find you self a good $50.00 depending on how you do it.
Very nice quadradomus! One question though. With the ammount of beer required to balance my checkbook, I am sure that I would never be able to account for all of those pennies. Depending on who you are and what you drink, that might be a good thing.
Attachments
beer.gif
beer.gif (2.21 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:16 pm

i dont have to be sneaky about buyin fishing stuff but i just thought of a good idea do your own yard work and tell your women you paid some kid to do it. should work unless you get in trouble for hire some1 to do it
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:12 am

Ok fellas, be careful where you hide things though. Sometimes I get lazy and I had a couple of containers of Uncle Josh Pork frogs, a few jigs and about 7 new spinner baits in the glovebox of the ol' pickup truck. I needed my regestration for something one day and asked the ol' lady to run out and get it for me. Here she come back in the house and what did she have? You guessed it my sportco bag and my registration as well. So carefull where you hide it, or carefull what you ask the misses to do.

Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:10 am

felts_jf wrote:Ok fellas, be careful where you hide things though. Sometimes I get lazy and I had a couple of containers of Uncle Josh Pork frogs, a few jigs and about 7 new spinner baits in the glovebox of the ol' pickup truck. I needed my regestration for something one day and asked the ol' lady to run out and get it for me. Here she come back in the house and what did she have? You guessed it my sportco bag and my registration as well. So carefull where you hide it, or carefull what you ask the misses to do.

Jason
Or just leave a smattering of token lures here and there that after awhile she doesn't notice them. The truck, the van, her car, the back bathroom, on your dresser, on her dresser, etc

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 am

cavdad45 wrote:
felts_jf wrote:Ok fellas, be careful where you hide things though. Sometimes I get lazy and I had a couple of containers of Uncle Josh Pork frogs, a few jigs and about 7 new spinner baits in the glovebox of the ol' pickup truck. I needed my regestration for something one day and asked the ol' lady to run out and get it for me. Here she come back in the house and what did she have? You guessed it my sportco bag and my registration as well. So carefull where you hide it, or carefull what you ask the misses to do.

Jason
Or just leave a smattering of token lures here and there that after awhile she doesn't notice them. The truck, the van, her car, the back bathroom, on your dresser, on her dresser, etc
thats how it is in my house.
i have gear in all three bedrooms, both bathrooms, kitchen, and living room...i have stuff everywhere! theres no way to tell if its old or new :-"
but with her being a fisherlady she understands, and tells me to keep the crap in the boat.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 am

:-$ I have developed a system that is THE hands down, best way to aquire gear with little to no spousal grief - in fact if you spin it right, you might even be complimented and encouraged to use this technique by the one who watches the checkbook! As long as you can keep up with the honey-do list on the side, this method is virtually foolproof!:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:08 am

Gringo Pescador wrote::-$ I have developed a system that is THE hands down, best way to aquire gear with little to no spousal grief - in fact if you spin it right, you might even be complimented and encouraged to use this technique by the one who watches the checkbook! As long as you can keep up with the honey-do list on the side, this method is virtually foolproof!:cheers:
yes... go on....
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:16 am

Win WL.com contests! BWAHHH HA HA HA HA!!!
Attachments
DSCF1167.JPG
DSCF1167.JPG (22.35 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 am

I saw that coming. LOL :clown:

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 am

Aaarrrrghhh! #-o

I can't complain though.. I did get 2 $50 Cabela's e-certificates from my employer to help my "wellness" And what do you know, it worked! I do feel better!
Still waiting on some backordered items from that order.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:52 am

pre-paid credit cards they are cheap and no account info gets sent to the house.NO statements they work online and anywhere visa is accepted.They're like gift cards to anywhere you want to shop.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:17 am

dilbert wrote:I did get 2 $50 Cabela's e-certificates from my employer to help my "wellness"
I got that one too. We must have the same boss's boss's boss's boss.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Well, for me it's not too hard. My wife has her hobbies, I have mine. She spends money on hers, I spend money on mine. The only thing that prevents me from spending lots on lures is me. Like I said before, I'm a cheap scate! :-)

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:We must have the same boss's boss's boss's boss.
Yep...

Oh I forgot, I got a free fishfinder through the awards program too. It works good too, but it did set me back a little on my plans to save my points for a Zune.

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Mikey wrote:Well, for me it's not too hard. My wife has her hobbies, I have mine. She spends money on hers, I spend money on mine. The only thing that prevents me from spending lots on lures is me. Like I said before, I'm a cheap scate! :-)

so true, im a cheap a%$ too! i dont even like buying milk and eggs untill the morning we need it :bom:

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:33 pm

sooo what do u all think about the idea of sayin u paid somekid to do your yard work and doin it ur self and spending the money on fishing stuff
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:28 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
dilbert wrote:I did get 2 $50 Cabela's e-certificates from my employer to help my "wellness"
So it's that time of year again. Not sure were to get the gift cards for this time, probably Cabela's again since I have another $90 in points. Maybe it's time for a swimbait setup. :-$ I'm running out of room for rods in the boat. I guess I need a bigger boat too.

I'm feeling well all over again.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 am

dilbert wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:
So it's that time of year again. Not sure were to get the gift cards for this time, probably Cabela's again since I have another $90 in points. Maybe it's time for a swimbait setup. :-$ I'm running out of room for rods in the boat. I guess I need a bigger boat too.

I'm feeling well all over again.
I got an email yesterday that Cabela's is having a BOAT SALE.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

PaulReilly
Petty Officer

Post by PaulReilly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 am

I always just smash up a bunch of valium and put it in the mash potatoes before I tell my wife about a new 'expenditure'

Works great!

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:42 am

MikeFishes wrote: The only thing that prevents me from spending lots on lures is me. I'm a cheap scate! :-)
i hear ya buddy i also am a cheap scate lol. but on the other hand my wife lets me buy whatever i want to as far as fishing gear goes, we just went to sportsmans last week and bought a new rod for me and the week before that she bought me a $50 tackle bag that i've had my eye on for some time. she insists i get stuff cause she knows i love fishing and being a bottom fisherman in the salt knows i lose alot of gear. so i guess i'm one of the lucky guys out there. no complaints from the other half. i love my wife o:)
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!