Power Pole Shallow Anchor

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokanebassman2
Petty Officer

Power Pole Shallow Anchor

Post by spokanebassman2 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Happy Sunday,

Just wondering who has a Power Pole and what they think of it? Does it work
and does it help you really stay in the right spot? Best for lakes I'm guessing
but would it work in a river? Also what size would you recommend 6,8,10ft?

Thanks
EB

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: Power Pole Shallow Anchor

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Don't have one, but been on two boats with one(s).

First, it really depends on the depth of water you fish. In my case, with the fast sloping shore lines I normally find myself near, it would not do that much good. Still, if I was going to flip pads of reeds all day in some wind, I would love to have two.

Notice I said two, the one boat only had one and we spun like a top on that single pole. The other boat had two and it locked is in pretty well. Mud or sand bottoms work much better then rock. Waves will lift the poles and re set them so you find yourself doing a bit of a dance of sorts.

I hope this helps, but for me ........ I don't think it would help me enough to toss the money at them.

PS, I see no reason they would not work on rivers.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 am

If you are going to do A LOT of eastside bass fishing @ Banks, the Potholes, etc, and you have a real nice bass boat(or you just have more money than you know what to do with) then a "Power Pole" style anchor system will work great. I cannot attest to how well they work on non-bass hulls. They work well on large flats where the bottom is pretty uniform, and usually a mud or sand base. They do not work that well on uneven bottoms, rock bottoms, or where you are on the slope from the bank to the channel. As a long time recently retired basser, many of my friends still fish NW Bass tourneys and use any thing from the $1100 sportsman series to the to the $2000 Blade Pro stuff and that is the general consensus that I have heard and experienced.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:56 pm

I have one on my boat, Sportsman Series and got it during an online sale ( perfect time to buy is now, labor day sales on these online stores ) I haven't used it a ton, but so far I am glad I bought it. It will spin the boat, but at least the azz end does not move and you can use your TM on 10 instead of 40-50 to stay where you want. If you have the money, 2 PP's it is. Mine is a 8 foot and a lot of times you are too deep to make it useful, so I would NEVER recommend the 6ft model.
At first I wasn't sure about the looks, but after I installed it, it improves the look of the boat in a weird way =P~

basspro
Warrant Officer

Post by basspro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 am

Had two on our demo boat this year and absolutely loved them. IMHO they are a great tool to use when flipping/skipping shallow bays in lakes such as Potholes, Silver Lake,Banks,etc. Two will hold way better than one.

We install these regulary at Limit Out Marine and for the most part a majority of our customers prefer the 8' poles.

Check with your local dealer you may be surprised that they can compete with online sellers and you will be supporting your local economy.

Russ