Skok-chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Re: Skok-chat

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

it is what it is..they are hatchery fish and need to be terminated/ment to be harvested its strictly a meat fishery.they have some interesting charectors there i aint gonna lie :scratch: ..to answer yo question why they do it ..why ask why just go with da flow youll be much happyer,i actually got a kick out of it when i went b4.. it was entertaning yo got human civilizations best there.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

donater
Warrant Officer

Post by donater » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

i dont care about people snagging . just wanted to know if there was no ticketing so i could go there on wednesday

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:00 pm

They give out lots of tickets there are undercover gamies that will fish in the line for awhile and watch people and then they just walk down the line handing out tickets. My buddy was there and watched a guy that was like 70 snag a fish and keep it then he had another fish on and he saw the gamie coming and he dropped his gear and ran off. See people running all the time.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 pm

HOOKEDONFISHING wrote:They give out lots of tickets there are undercover gamies that will fish in the line for awhile and watch people and then they just walk down the line handing out tickets. My buddy was there and watched a guy that was like 70 snag a fish and keep it then he had another fish on and he saw the gamie coming and he dropped his gear and ran off. See people running all the time.
+1 when i went long ago i was checked twice on da way out different warden each time..they concentrat on hot spots more ticket=more revenue ](*,)
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

I like going up there. I fish and alot of other people fish to and some people are snaggers its really none of my business what other people do . I go up there to have a good time and I always do . I let the gamies do there job . Its pretty funny watching a grown man run for the hills .....

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:32 am

the skok atmosphere is always a funny one whether it is people freaking out that there is a gamie to a guy hooking a stringer with a fish attached to a guy screaming and cussing everytime he gets snagged up. :salut:

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:45 am

yeah hooking into some of the fish in the samish in the spots that we fish you would have no chance with 10lb test. a 5lb jack would run into the sticks and break you off real quick, needless to say a pissed off 25lber

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

Ahaha skok turd slurpers... The time of year everyone becomes a "fisherman" I can see all the derelicts now, just reading about it. To the people wondering why they can't get a skok fish to bite eggs, quit wasting good bait. Theres plenty other systems open, bonus is odh and all his snagger friends are tied up at the skok so they aren't killing the bite in other systems Its a win win they go home with meat and I dont have to smell odh snagtards stinking up my summer run holes

yeah thats nice and all, but the only problem is that if you dont have a boat, and want to catch big chrome kings, the skok is a great option. just like the samish. its alright though brian. you can look down on me and all the other "derelects" that like catching big fish, and you can keep your "secret" cowlitz summer run holes to yourself.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am

Im glad i have holes in the samish that nobody ever EVER fishes so they fish actually WILL bite eggs, the skok fishing area is too small, simply too many spooked fish and they wont bite. COme on september samish hawgs!
Attachments
382825_2628213779564_1582948754_n.jpg
382825_2628213779564_1582948754_n.jpg (10.82 KiB) Viewed 1473 times

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am

Kockmandoo wrote:
Ahaha skok turd slurpers... The time of year everyone becomes a "fisherman" I can see all the derelicts now, just reading about it. To the people wondering why they can't get a skok fish to bite eggs, quit wasting good bait. Theres plenty other systems open, bonus is odh and all his snagger friends are tied up at the skok so they aren't killing the bite in other systems Its a win win they go home with meat and I dont have to smell odh snagtards stinking up my summer run holes

yeah thats nice and all, but the only problem is that if you dont have a boat, and want to catch big chrome kings, the skok is a great option. just like the samish. its alright though brian. you can look down on me and all the other "derelects" that like catching big fish, and you can keep your "secret" cowlitz summer run holes to yourself.
Cockmandoo brian is above all of us, we just all wish we could be all mighty fisher like brian =D>
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Chucksrage
Petty Officer

Post by Chucksrage » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 am

I love fishing the Skoke, I know there are the typical snaggers fishing alaskan grey flies(actualy havent seen anyone fishing with them but found the grey fly in the sand) anyways, Usually you have 1 or 2 people who feel they own everything and throw a temper tantrum when someone who has never fished the river or has only fished a river a couple times casts out of sequence.

I was there this past sunday fishing the logjam and just below the logjam and everyone was nice and friendly and helped netting when necessary. Ill be there again this weekend. I enjoy meeting and talking with people I would have never met anywhere else. 98% of the people fishing the skoke are friendly and will share advice and are following the WDFW laws.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

this is how i floss my kings... DEEP
Attachments
IMG_6311.png
IMG_6311.png (235.28 KiB) Viewed 1465 times

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 am

Rvr_fshr wrote:Odh, I do have to say after that horrific snagging display u did at the cowlitz, I do feel we are on different levels. Its ok though, as soon as u left we got some biters.
in daaa mouf hahaah =D>
Attachments
P7210211.JPG
P7210211.JPG (71.75 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 am

My point is that who cares if people snag at the skok. honestly at the samish I stopped caring that people were snagging next to me because I would literally catch fish on eggs right next to them. Its fine if you don't like it and all but you don't need to go out and badmouth them. leave em be.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

Kockmandoo wrote:My point is that who cares if people snag at the skok. honestly at the samish I stopped caring that people were snagging next to me because I would literally catch fish on eggs right next to them. Its fine if you don't like it and all but you don't need to go out and badmouth them. leave em be.
cockmandoo dont mind brian, i seen him snag a king with a jig. he fought it too death like 15 minutes and ran down all da way to da boat ramp from barrier i toll him its snagged,just break your line ...hes a smagger and jens but they just dont admit it dhey in da closet doing there thing i guess and blame everyone else [rolleyes]
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 pm

fyi, skok kings do bite eggs also just landing them suckers to prove it is hard and again, meat fisheries are different than sport fisheries. whether it be the skok or the cow or maybe the samish they are meat fisheries but forks area rivers and other op or skagit rivers are sport fisheries, huge difference between the two.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:fyi, skok kings do bite eggs also just landing them suckers to prove it is hard and again, meat fisheries are different than sport fisheries. whether it be the skok or the cow or maybe the samish they are meat fisheries but forks area rivers and other op or skagit rivers are sport fisheries, huge difference between the two.
+100 I got a friend who fishes below da bridge at skok,long walk thou. he freedrift eggz with his 13' noodle rod and gets kings all da time ...brian253/rvrpisser knows it all i guess :scratch: :thumbdown
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:34 pm

brian its all good man yo dont gotta get all butt soar homes . kept4 2 b4 midnight and 2 after..hooked 16 released most lost a pig goin 13-16# summer run. catchin at any given time plenty of hatchery fish .just gotta know when where and how :cheers: i only fished puy a few times got a few but ibe hittin it hard soon ..let da nightmare begun hahaha [drool]
Attachments
P8050222.JPG
P8050222.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

yeah you have odh, those 2 chromers that got in the upper river remember...

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:yeah you have odh, those 2 chromers that got in the upper river remember...
oh yea [biggrin] them were boots anyway :tongue: btw bonkers when yo hitten skok again ? yo told me yo gonna take me to your secret spot right :scratch: i got a custom king jig made of uv yarn i wanna try it i heard kings go nutz for it
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM