Thinking of crabbing/fishing Hood Canal tomorrow

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Trouttrakr
Petty Officer

Thinking of crabbing/fishing Hood Canal tomorrow

Post by Trouttrakr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 am

Thinking of crabbing/fishing Hood Canal tomorrow, but not sure if its too early for salmon there. I know the crabbing is good, or at least it was a couple years ago. Would like some input. Should I go for the north or south end? If its early I figured the north end would be better. I've also gotta check the regs as well. Anyway, let me know if anyone has suggestions, tips, etc. [-o<

Thanks,
Dan

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Re: Thinking of crabbing/fishing Hood Canal tomorrow

Post by Fish-or-man? » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Just saw this-- how did you do? I haven't hit Hood Canal this year, but Last year crabbing was hot. You could do really well between the Potlatch boat launch and Hoodsport at about any depth greater than 70-feet.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 pm

well, i dont know how you did on salmon, but yesterday i went 12/25. Released all. Good luck !
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey FishBaitII! Do you mind if I ask if you were mooching or downrigger... ing? I'm either going to hit the Cowlitz, Nisqually, or Hood Canal this weekend, but haven't figured out which. Thanks!

Trouttrakr- sorry for not answering your question, then hi-jacking your thread! ha ha :pirat: