River fishing camping trip

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BigDee
Petty Officer

River fishing camping trip

Post by BigDee » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:53 pm

I want to take a nice little camping trip for a week, maybe two, maybe three if the fishing is great! so im looking for a good place to go, any pointers?? i was thinking about taking my van and camping out of it.. if anyone knows some good places leme know!! thanks! tight lines!

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Re: River fishing camping trip

Post by zefsidefishing » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 am

okay, you drive your van, into a random ditch on the side of the road by lake sammamish, sleep there, then get up early and throw power bait in there for 3 days and catch little butt trout. :P JK you want HAWGS so probubly cowlitz or samish. but idk where to go for those. haha, sorry im no hope.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 am

starting right now try blue creek on the cowlitz or the calawah in forks for steelhead, August 10th try the skok for kings, last weekend of august or sept 1st try the quilcene for coho.
Depends on what you want to catch.

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Samish, cowlitz, skok, sky would be my top four choices.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

BigDee
Petty Officer

Post by BigDee » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:14 am

i live in the auburn area, id like to stay in that region, is there any part of the puke that you can camp at?

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 am

Come on brat bonker cant tell everyone about the skok, i thought that was a secret river ! [flapper] haha yeah right.
I was gonna send you a PM saying the skok, but in the auburn area im not to sure never really fished over there. I dont know how the puke will be, or if theres any camping. Maybe the green
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:45 pm

HAHAHA! Ya I also thought Skok was a secret ;)
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 pm

hey to some it is a secret like whether they should a 15ft leader or a 20 haha. Geez can not wait for opening weekend so I can fish along with 100000 of my closest fishing buds hahaha.