cabelas

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
SPARKY101
Captain

cabelas

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:00 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabela's to open on Nov. 16

That gigantic Cabela's store under construction in Lacey will open on Nov. 16.

Hmmm..... Isn't that pretty close to the start of the holiday shopping season? Some people suspect that the Cabela's opening is an outdoor event on the magatude of the spring fishing season opener or even a clam season opener.

They may be right.

The Cabela's press release says the average customer stays in the store for 3.5 hours. That's more time than a lot of anglers fish on opening day. Then again, you can't fish for the fish in Cabela's diplay tanks.

I do know that this huge store shows how important the outdoors are to a lot of people in this part of the world. I also know that this store is a seismic shift in outdoor stores in this part of the world. This store may also have a huge impact on traffic patterns up and down the Interstate 5 corridor.

We're preparing a bunch of stories about this whole deal, so stay tuned.

this is printed out of the olympian everyone prepare to ask for the day off ..... the 16th is the soft opener i guess about a month later will be the grand opening so looks like i get to go to 2 openings yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaw
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:cabelas

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:03 pm

The Post Falls Cabela's is slated to open on Nov. 9

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:17 am

I posted this last Wednesday in the Cabela's topic in "Off Topic"
lskiles wrote:Hey, I live in Vancouver and I got a copy of a free newspaper called "Senior Messenger" in the mail. Normally I ignore crap like that, but since I turned 50 last year I get more and more of it. Well I was paging through it and looking over the "senior trips" section what do I see CABELA'S.
They are having a trip to Cabela's in Lacey 8:30am to 6:00pm on Thursday, November 15.
I could not believe it. Hmmm...if we left Vancouver at 8:30am it takes an hour and 45 minutes to get there and then to leave there at 4:15 to get back thats six hours to explore! I will not take advantage because although I am over 50, I still work on Thursdays!!
If anyone is interested the contact phone is 360.696.8236
The cost is $33
I do think you have to be 50 or over to participate.
I wonder how they can have an "old guy" trip to there on the 15th and not open until the 16th.
Something is fishy around here!!

Maybe the "Olympian" reporter and the Old Guy trip planner need to take a meeting!!!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 pm

They often have private type parties the week before the opening - they invite people who built the store or other groups. Maybe it is a setup like that. My dad owned a steel fabrication business at one time, got to go to alot of these type of things.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:16 pm

im only saying what the olympian said ....then in the sunday paper in the business section was the big article on them opening and all the amentites and how the cabelas will pick up the tab for all the extra police for traffic control stuff like that, 1100 parking spots and i will be in the front row
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:49 pm

lskiles wrote: The cost is $33
I do think you have to be 50 or over to participate.
I wonder if I could pass for 50 or over to get in a day early? :bigsmurf:

For a week early I'd dress in drag if I had to...:smurfin:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:53 pm

dilbert wrote:For a week early I'd dress in drag if I had to...:smurfin:
If I thought it would help get me in a week early...you'd be more than welcome to dress in drag!! LOL!! :clown:
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:01 pm

You know you'd dress in drag for a lot less than that dilbert. Don't lie. :clown:
I too can't wait for this opening.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Hey, if someone could get me in a week early, I'd be at Layne Bryant tonight picking out an outfit.8-[

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:44 pm

dilbert wrote:Hey, if someone could get me in a week early, I'd be at Layne Bryant tonight picking out an outfit.8-[
I can see it now, "Welcome to Cabela's...oh, hello there...nice pumps, very stylish...but the perch pattern really clashes with the baby bass skirt!". :clown:
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:25 pm

For those who have never set foot in a Cabela's, you are in for a real treat! Fantastic!:cheers: I was in Boise this weekend and went into the store there. It was my first time. I really felt like a 4 year old going through a Toys-R-Us!:bounce: :compress: :bounce:
I got out the door with a receipt for only $90.00. I was proud of myself!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:39 pm

dilbert wrote:Hey, if someone could get me in a week early, I'd be at Layne Bryant tonight picking out an outfit.8-[
Seriously, isn't Layne Bryant a "Plus Sized" store???
Check out your new Double chin!!!!
Attachments
fat-emoticon.gif
fat-emoticon.gif (2.61 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:44 pm

I don't know and I don't care but I've got 300 bucks for the gand opening sales they're going to have. Get out of my way cuz I'm gettin' there on the 15th and not movin' till they open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See U at the back of the line on my way out!
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:12 am

I can't wait until it opens. I was reading an article I found on the net that lists a few attractions they will have and it sounds like it will be one of the better outfits around. A two-story mountain with animals in natural habitat, small creek, trout pond, a 16,700 gallon walk-through aquarium, horse corrals, hundreds of dioramas, gift shop, laser arcade (not sure what for....target practice?), restaurant, gun library, etc., etc.. Unfortunately, I have drill that weekend...so I will have to postpone my visit until the following week. Either way...it's going to be great!!

Chad
Chad

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 am

Anyone interested in meeting up in line for the opening? Or will everyone be too focused on the mission at hand?

2000Subaru, do you have that friday off?

Bubbadel2
Petty Officer

Post by Bubbadel2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:01 pm

I have duty that day or i would be there.....but the wife and i might make the trip the following Monday or Tuesday....

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:26 pm

yea i am going to defanitly hit it up soon, its almost like a disney land for fisherman and hunters alike. i am sure i will go there at least twice a month till i die, good thing the expenses are going to be my moms trouble not mine at least until i get a job in a couple of years haha
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:36 pm

fishnislife wrote:I don't know and I don't care but I've got 300 bucks for the gand opening sales they're going to have. Get out of my way cuz I'm gettin' there on the 15th and not movin' till they open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See U at the back of the line on my way out!
Just found out today that I get to be a guest for the 14th pre-opening...:-"

Somehow though I find it hard to believe that they would turn away someone with money on any of the pre-opening "special" days

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:22 pm

its like a circus, BOS just opened up here a few months ago, damm circus!!! but great.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Out of curiosity will any future purchases on the Cabelas website have to include Sales Tax now that there is a Cabelas up and running in this fine state?
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”