Short Sockeye video from the Brewster Pool.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Big D

Short Sockeye video from the Brewster Pool.

Post by Big D » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

This is our first attempt at shooting and editing video so please be kind.
Note:
Upper left hand corner of the video at 1:18 shows a minor collision with lots of cussing and name calling going on but I don't think much damage. Be careful out there, not everyone knows how to drive a boat...

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Re: Short Sockeye video from the Brewster Pool.

Post by Kockmandoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Nice video!!! I dig the sublime soundtrack!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Big D wrote:This is our first attempt at shooting and editing video so please be kind.
Note:
Upper right hand corner of the video at 1:18 shows a minor collision with lots of cussing and name calling going on but I don't think much damage. Be careful out there, not everyone knows how to drive a boat...
MotoBoat wrote:My right or yours?.....LOL! Looked like some sort of boat grouping in the upper left hand side at that time. Boats are craaazzy close..

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 pm

MotoBoat wrote:My right or yours?.....LOL! Looked like some sort of boat grouping in the upper left hand side at that time. Boats are craaazzy close.
Thanks for the correction. It's fixed...

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Nice video - fish, collisions, and reggae. What more do you need?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Nicely done D!!! I was missing the part with you doing the catching and little D doing the netting???? [wink]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Bodofish wrote:Nicely done D!!! I was missing the part with you doing the catching and little D doing the netting???? [wink]
that's what i was thinking :)

Rocky
Angler

Post by Rocky » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Way to go Big D arn't you glad you had little d with you.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:10 pm

What I liked is the fact you didn't edit out the time between bites. You left part of it in. I liked it. But I also noticed Little D's side of the boat had the fish!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 am

Looks like a lot of boats, going all directions....It is a wonder there are not more collisions!!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 am

Big D, since little big D was busy realin, and occasional hands full netting of his fish too!. Did you notice many others catching? The boat congestion is similar to combat fishing of the gas powered, floating kind.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 am

Excellent job on the video! I need to learn how to do that...

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 am

oneshot wrote:
Bodofish wrote:Nicely done D!!! I was missing the part with you doing the catching and little D doing the netting???? [wink]
I pulled one after the battery went dead on the camera and I've caught Sockeyes before while this is the kids first Salmon trip so I set him up with the hot rod this time...

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 am

Big D wrote:
oneshot wrote:
I pulled one after the battery went dead on the camera and I've caught Sockeyes before while this is the kids first Salmon trip so I set him up with the hot rod this time...
I'll buy that for now............... [biggrin] [wink]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 am

MotoBoat wrote:Big D, since little big D was busy realin, and occasional hands full netting of his fish too!. Did you notice many others catching? The boat congestion is similar to combat fishing of the gas powered, floating kind.
I ran the net for the kid most of the time with the exception of the shot in the video when I handed off the net and returned to my seat because some jackass was just learning how to drive his boat and cut me off. If I wouldn't have put it in reverse I would have T boned him. He just waved and asked me how the fishing was. The Brewster Pool is truly a lesson in patience...

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

Great video. I appreciate the time and effort from the people who do videos, editing and such. Great for those days you can't get on the water and need a fix! :cheers:

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

goodtimesfishing wrote:Great video. I appreciate the time and effort from the people who do videos, editing and such. Great for those days you can't get on the water and need a fix!
Thanks, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Not only did my kid catch most of the fish on this trip, he also shot and edited most of the video. I'm looking at picking up another Go-Pro camera for myself so that I can at least take credit for shooting some of the videos because as noted above my side of the boat hasn’t been real hot lately.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 am

Big D wrote:
goodtimesfishing wrote:Great video. I appreciate the time and effort from the people who do videos, editing and such. Great for those days you can't get on the water and need a fix!
Thanks, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Not only did my kid catch most of the fish on this trip, he also shot and edited most of the video. I'm looking at picking up another Go-Pro camera for myself so that I can at least take credit for shooting some of the videos because as noted above my side of the boat hasn’t been real hot lately.
the gopro's are awesome! i have 2 and a contour with suction cup mounts and a bunch of other mounts.. with all the options you can stick them anywhere, hit record and see what ya get later.. put on the waterproof housing and go underwater even ;)
technology is making it easy for us these days, we just need to take the time to hit record is all..
mounting in different locations spices it up.. [thumbup]

i just started taking my son fishing, he's 5.. although i don't want him to grow up to fast, i can't wait till he really gets it! he can wrangle a trout, i know this much.. [biggrin]

Big D

Post by Big D » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:03 am

Rocky wrote:Way to go Big D arn't you glad you had little d with you.
Hey Rocky,
Absolutely yes, it helps a lot especially when the boat traffic is heavy like it is in the Brewster Pool.

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

I had to use the horn once to aid one "unconscious" boater. He just let his boat wander all over the place and it was causing two boats to push up against me.

2nd option was to send out the boarding party.