Brand New Reel For Sale

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
dougw
Commander

Re: Brand New Reel For Sale

Post by dougw » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 am

That may be it! He certainly works the spool well with his thumb. He is also quite determined to make it work. I honestly for the life of me can't believe he can cast it effectively, but he does! He has even become quite good at fixing his own backlashes. THAT is worth the price of admission! Love fishing with my little man!

Jigking Fishhead
Petty Officer

Post by Jigking Fishhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 am

I learned how to educate my thumb to throw a casting reel when I was 10 by flylining anchovies off the stern of the SoCal party boats out of Newport fishing for bonito and mackerel. Keep trying it can be done..
I have $60,000 invested in a boat, motor, gear and baits all to catch a fish with a brain the size of a pea. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jigking Fishhead
Petty Officer

Post by Jigking Fishhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 am

dougw wrote:That may be it! He certainly works the spool well with his thumb. He is also quite determined to make it work. I honestly for the life of me can't believe he can cast it effectively, but he does! He has even become quite good at fixing his own backlashes. THAT is worth the price of admission! Love fishing with my little man!
Doug,
He will soon be out-fishing you. I fish the ABA and local bass tournaments and my 18 year old has been my tournament partner since he was 13.
He is the one when we have a tourney coming up will start researching the lake if we haven't fished it, and will put together a milk run for us based on our pre-fishing days and add GPS spots to my humminbird units.
But he is now heading off to college and flight school. [sad] I will miss my partner. Enjoy that boy Doug,
I have $60,000 invested in a boat, motor, gear and baits all to catch a fish with a brain the size of a pea. I wouldn't have it any other way.

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 am

I am enjoying him as long as I have him! I wish I didn't have such an addiction to tiger muskie fishing. It would go a long ways in keeping his interest up as well. I will go till I am exhausted, then fish some more. Being a kid though, I have to be careful not to lose his interest. So I end up spending a lot more partial days instead of all day when I have the time.....

Jigking Fishhead
Petty Officer

Post by Jigking Fishhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

The way I got my oldest interested was putting him on a non stop crappie and bluegill bite until he he was bored when he was 6.
Worked wonders, now I cannot get a rod out of his hands.. [thumbsup]
Last edited by Jigking Fishhead on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishnazzi
Warrant Officer

Post by fishnazzi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:45 am

wow......
I guess I will unsubscribe this "for sale" thread as it keeps notifying me of all the cool commentary about bait casters ............I guess if he really wants to sell it he can PM me................Or repost this whole thing in the Bass fishing section.......

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 am

Sorry fishnazzi. We stole your thread. I will quit posting. Did you sell the reel?

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 am

RC I really appreciate the offer of your help to learn how to use it. But I think I wanna recoup some of the money. It was 75 I wanna sell it for 60. Brand new in box with manuals and it's spooled with 14lb test. Someone help me out
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

bass kickin redneck
Petty Officer

Post by bass kickin redneck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 am

If its a right hand retrieve and a 6.3 im your guy
Shut up and fish

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:27 pm

It was a right hand 6.3 but I sold it yesterday. Sorry bud
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

bass kickin redneck
Petty Officer

Post by bass kickin redneck » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Its all good gives me a excuse to buy a new one gonna look at the lews speed spool
Shut up and fish