Skagit River Boat Launches

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bbordeau
Petty Officer

Skagit River Boat Launches

Post by bbordeau » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 am

I'm planning a trip to the lower Skagit on a weekday soon and would like recommendations on the best boat launch in the area. I was looking at the one at Edgewater park, is that the safest one to use for a motor boat in your opinion? If so, can you recommend a backup in case its filled? I'd like to bring my son (8) with me - he's been on the snohomish a few times with me. Is this area similar?

Thanks
Brian

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Re: Skagit River Boat Launches

Post by countryboy87 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:16 am

what kind of boat you have? aka jet or prop. edgewaters good but gardner in burlingtons better imo. better fishin too

bbordeau
Petty Officer

Post by bbordeau » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am

It's a CW Storm inboard jet which makes it a little tough at launches because if it gets stuck, it's real heavy.

Thanks
Brian

bbordeau
Petty Officer

Post by bbordeau » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am

Are either of these launches affected by tide?

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:17 pm

youll be fine. no reach of tide is a few bends below edgewater. plus the river is way high. if you launch at gardner running downstream stay midriver till below the bend then far side alot of logs and shallow spots through there. running upriver stay midriver the whole way till u hit jetboat alley.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:21 pm

for edgewater run up mid river till your at the bend below the freeway bridge then stick to the burlington side till your past the bridges then stay to the mv side till ud hit gardner. if you have the room im more than willing to run along to show ya the ropes on the skagit