I was Pink Splattered

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

I was Pink Splattered

Post by Toni » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 am

This year my go to dodger has been Dick Nite Pink Splatter UV dodger. One time I used Wannafish A Lure Pink Splatter lure with that Dick Nite dodger. I put another Pink Splatter lure onto other dodgers, because I only had the one Dick Nite Pink Splatter, but the fish would only bite the lure on the Dick Nite Dodger. Both lures were at the same depth on separate down riggers. Therefore, I concluded that I would get another dodger. Easier said than done. I guess I am not the only one catching fish with this dodger.
Dick Nite Spoons heard of my plight and what did I get in the mail yesterday...I was Pink Splattered!

DICK NITE 5r.jpg
DICK NITE 5r.jpg (150.37 KiB) Viewed 1704 times

Oh the joy! So, my next kokanee fishing adventure will include double trouble for those picky kokanee. I have heard that this dodger is also catching lots of trout at American Lake.
[/color]

DICK NITE 10r.jpg
DICK NITE 10r.jpg (172.99 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: I was Pink Splattered

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am

I'm not sure you need to be that elaborate to catch trout in American. I fished there for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say they were almost pesky. Well the little fresh planters anyway. We trolled about everything and the one lure that hands down caught more fish than anything else was.......... hehehe didn't think it was going to be that easy did ya? I guess that's why it's called fishing. I will say it wasn't a squid or a wedding ring behind anything. Basically caught a fish every ten minutes or less from 6:00am to 9:00am then it slowed a bit. Didn't keep anything under 14" and the smoker is full of Kippers, well maybe tomorrow, there's a couple big pork butts in there now. Pulled pork for the boys at work... Chatted with a couple of our boys in green, they weren't having much luck from the doc. When we finished I was going to go pick them up and take them for a troll around the lake and put some fishes in the bag for them but they must have just been on a short break, the doc was soldier less. Maybe next time.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am

I'll definitely give my endorsement of the pink splatter dick nite dodger. Caught a lot of kokanee on those up at Stevens in the spring. Cool story, great company.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

I did not see a size for the dodger, on the package. Or do they come in only one size? Either way, what size is that?

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am

Bodofish wrote:I'm not sure you need to be that elaborate to catch trout in American. I fished there for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say they were almost pesky. Well the little fresh planters anyway. We trolled about everything and the one lure that hands down caught more fish than anything else was.......... hehehe didn't think it was going to be that easy did ya? I guess that's why it's called fishing. I will say it wasn't a squid or a wedding ring behind anything. Basically caught a fish every ten minutes or less from 6:00am to 9:00am then it slowed a bit. Didn't keep anything under 14" and the smoker is full of Kippers, well maybe tomorrow, there's a couple big pork butts in there now. Pulled pork for the boys at work... Chatted with a couple of our boys in green, they weren't having much luck from the doc. When we finished I was going to go pick them up and take them for a troll around the lake and put some fishes in the bag for them but they must have just been on a short break, the doc was soldier less. Maybe next time.
Did you try for Kokanee or catch any while targeting trout on your "Private" lure.

What was the depth and largest trout?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 am

MotoBoat wrote:I did not see a size for the dodger, on the package. Or do they come in only one size? Either way, what size is that?
They are all the same size. Comparable to 4/0 or 4 inch tear drop dodgers.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

MotoBoat wrote:
Bodofish wrote:I'm not sure you need to be that elaborate to catch trout in American. I fished there for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say they were almost pesky. Well the little fresh planters anyway. We trolled about everything and the one lure that hands down caught more fish than anything else was.......... hehehe didn't think it was going to be that easy did ya? I guess that's why it's called fishing. I will say it wasn't a squid or a wedding ring behind anything. Basically caught a fish every ten minutes or less from 6:00am to 9:00am then it slowed a bit. Didn't keep anything under 14" and the smoker is full of Kippers, well maybe tomorrow, there's a couple big pork butts in there now. Pulled pork for the boys at work... Chatted with a couple of our boys in green, they weren't having much luck from the doc. When we finished I was going to go pick them up and take them for a troll around the lake and put some fishes in the bag for them but they must have just been on a short break, the doc was soldier less. Maybe next time.
Did you try for Kokanee or catch any while targeting trout on your "Private" lure.

What was the depth and largest trout?
Nope, did not try for them as in most cases I consider them to be bait. No I didn't catch any, as I knew they were there, I kept the trolling speed to minimum of 2.5 mph to keep the pesky little buggers off the line. No such "Private" lure used, you can buy them right off the shelf at any sporting goods store or big box. I will tell you we spoon fed a bunch of trout on Tues. We fished from five feet on the downrigger to thirty feet and caught fish at all depths, the biggest was over sixteen inches, smallest kept was fourteen. After seeing none of our soldiers on the dock we anchored up in a sunny spot out of the wind for a picnic lunch of a nice assortment of sushi’s and spring rolls with an enjoyable sip of plum wine as an accompaniment. While waiting to pull the boat out we helped a fellow get his Whaler in the water. He was aided by no less than five kids from preteens to just teens. All very eager to go yet, very useless, I was getting the idea they normally have everything handed to them on a platter. We helped him out with his setup and places to troll. He thought they may sit still for one or two passed. I truly hope he was able to hook one while the kids were still entertained.

PS: Toni, I'm sure you'll do quite well with a second pink splatter, I have one laying in wait for Baker Lake. Always especially nice to have one just show up in the mail!!!! :)
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

TomD
Petty Officer

Post by TomD » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Toni - I had seen your report pictures with that dodger, so I took one to Chelan this year, and it caught most of my fish!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:20 pm

TomD wrote:Toni - I had seen your report pictures with that dodger, so I took one to Chelan this year, and it caught most of my fish!
It works...