*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by A9 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 pm

Someone pulled it off!!!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:04 pm

Way to go Gringo! That's a beastie carp!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 pm

"Gringo",

Congrats...doesn't surprise me a bit. You're a very skilled fisherman and deserve to win this one. Let me know how you want your SECOND plaque to read... "Gringo Pescador" or "Mark _____ "

VERY cool!!!!!!!!! :thumleft:

I will get the plaque finished up and PM you with a time / location to meet along with my cell #. It might have to be early next week, due to the weather we have moving in. I'm going on standby for the next few days.

Congratulations again!!!!!
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Congrats!! =d>
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:38 pm

Way to go Gringo! Now you have a pair of Bassackward's original creations! :cheers: =d>
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:42 am

Now Gringo needs to add a trophy case to his Christmas list. Man... two plaques.

Hey, we should have a virtual trophy case on the site with photos of all the Bassackwards Creations™ (Patent Pending) plaques and the people who won them.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:17 am

thought i was still going to have a chance even though i have not had a line in the water since the contest started, LOL congrates!!

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:29 am

took a carp to win this contest ? more to carp fish'n then some think! concrates again!=d>

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 am

Outstanding Gringo! =d> =d> =d>

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 am

Good job Mark. I would say nice fish......but it was a carp lol. Time and precision payed off in the end 15 - 20 hours!!!(I was wondering why I hadnt heard about you and the river for a while) I think we are dealing with a WL.com SUPER MEMBER. Best caster and now you won the contest. Whens the autograph signing? lol. Once again good job Mark, you are the man.

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:00 pm

someday I wish to be as skilled as gRingo he is my hero:batman:

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:Sorry guys - I believe the phrase of the day is "It's all over but the crying":cheers: I figure in the past couple weeks I have put in 15-20 hours at Greenlake trying for the elusive Carp - I have surfed the web, gotten pointers from Russians, Armenians, Romanians, & Muldovians and finally, tonight I found em.... Fire up that wooburner Bassackwards cause that plaque is comin home!:king:
Congrats! That is one big fish! Good job!

Now, if we were doing a contest for the smallest, I would win for sure! :tongue:

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Mikey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:Sorry guys - I believe the phrase of the day is "It's all over but the crying":cheers: I figure in the past couple weeks I have put in 15-20 hours at Greenlake trying for the elusive Carp - I have surfed the web, gotten pointers from Russians, Armenians, Romanians, & Muldovians and finally, tonight I found em.... Fire up that wooburner Bassackwards cause that plaque is comin home!:king:
Congrats! That is one big fish! Good job!

Now, if we were doing a contest for the smallest, I would win for sure! :tongue:
I don't know Mikey...scroll back a few pages and take a look at the lures....I mean, first four fish Gringo turned in LOL...Sorry Mark, you know you can't just walk away with the "crown" without a few good hearted jabs, right??

I can't wait to see what Fishinislife has up his sleeve. I've got a special plaque in mind for you "Fishin", for setting all these up. Give me a few weeks, I'll post some pics.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Greetings, salutations, and congratulations to the victor! With 2 plaques to your name doesn't that make you "The Man To Beat?"

Congratulations, I am drinking a toast to you right now!

Chris
Attachments
tequila.gif
tequila.gif (13.13 KiB) Viewed 1969 times

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:00 pm

Oh yeah, don't worry Bassackwards, I can take it - I knew I was painting a target on myself when I posted the little buggers. Thought I would just lull the competition into a false sense of security - and look, it worked! Bwahh ha ha ha! :tongue:
Earlier I made a list of some the fallout of this little contest for me. I forgot a few things..
1st Bass caught -EVER-
1st Catfish caught in Washington State
1st Carp caught in Washington State
Smallest panfish caught -EVER-
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:18 pm

First, congratulations Gringo Pescador! Way to win another plaque! You are the man!

Second, thanks for putting this on Fishinislife! You've done it again!

And lastly, it looks like we're going to have to form some kind of task force to keep Gringo from winning the next WL event (if Bassackwards keeps making sweet plaques anyway). Hmmmm.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Congrats on the win man, well done.

The Thumb and I are glad to see you put in the effort on the carps. Had this have been a spring competition you would have been in some serious trouble, but the bottomfish in this lake tend to slow down quite a bit after the water temp drops under 60.

FYI, the attempt on our part was to catch all of the fish on our home lake, without going elsewhere. Looks like that wasn't a winning strategy.

This contest has changed some tactics on my part, helped us find a new fishing hole (the "church" hole), fueled a new boatbuilding idea to get into a relatively unfished area on our lake, and gotten us out on the water more than I would normally fish.

Great idea!

BTW, I have a few ideas myself, including a WL invitational to be held here in Long Lake near Spokane. Not a normal tournament, but one that people will love. PM me if interested you WL.com turks.

E

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:55 pm

I'd like to see the same competition over the summer. Saltwater would be a cool twist too to put together a contest for the saltwater guys (myself included)

Anyways, props fishnislife for the great idea on the competition and congrats to all the participants, and of course our winner, GringoPescador!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Or an ongoing Master Angler program for catching fish of a certain minimum size and inducting them on a Hall of Fame board. Competing against the mama fish.

There are so many cool things we can do.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Congrats Gringo! I think it is great that this contest really became much more than just a contest- it broadened many of our horizons when it comes to our targeted species. I may not have entered any fish since I normally fish alone, but I am sure many of us captured the spirit of it by trying to catch some of the fish on the list that we may have never tried for otherwise. Great one Fish'n! :thumright =d>