NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mr Fittin
Angler

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Mr Fittin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello I'm Mr Fittin
I work on JBLM as a sillyvillain.
I'm retired Air Force and prety much a WA native both eastern and now western
I really like Kokes but have a bass boat. I moonted a down rigger in it so I could troll for kokes.
favorite lake is American for both smallies and kokes
Favorite river is the Nisqually or the south fork of the Tieton in eastern WA.
Other than fittin I bow hunt for elk and blacktails
I live in Spanaway

sheriwatkins68
Angler

Post by sheriwatkins68 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 am

Hi, my name is Sheri. I am a 44 year old Respiratory therapist living in Spokane Valley. I am from Chattanooga TN. I started fishing when I was a young girl with my dad some many many years ago. I think it is so awesome to cast your line out and sit in your chair and wait. Just relax and take in all the beauty. I have always fished for trout when I was in the south. Seems I do most of my fishing in Lake Pond Oreille. We have a house boat near Sandpoint. I fished that lake for a year at Farragut and caught nothing. Nothing I say. We moved to Garfield bay and I have caught so many fish. I have caught lots of lake trout, and I believe small mouth bass. Still questioning if that was SMB. Anyway. I really want to learn where some good places to bank fish are in spokane valley area. Or just near by. When Im not working, raising 18 yo son, or taking pictures, I love to be at the lake fishing. Would love any ideas of other places to go. :fish:

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Welcome Sherry. There is another RT on this site, that lives in Deer Park, near Spokane. I am an RT(T) radiation therapist, in Seattle. Sorry I can't give you beter advice on Spokane's fishing though. If you look him up on this site,he goes by... Ruthaven (sp?) something like that.

Lip_Ripper87
Petty Officer

Post by Lip_Ripper87 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:06 am

Hey everyone! How ya'll doin?

Well my name is Stuart. I have just recently joined the quarter century club(25 for those who still don't know what a Quarter Century is) as of March. I been calling, Lexington, WA, home since August of last year.

A few hobbies of mine are...well first and foremost is fishing. I love my fishing! Then a close second would be shooting skeet. Although, as of 12 years ago, I picked up the guitar (due to being grounded to my room for the summer) and started teaching myself. And last but not least, Short Course RC Truck racing. The fast paced, high energy vibe is amazing.

For work, I'm a S.E. Alaskan Commercial fisherman during the Summer Salmon runs. Usually based out of Petersburg, AK (Gosh I love that town!). But I'm sad to say, It's time for a main land job here.

Due to a recent visit to Hells Canyon, I'm ADDICTED to bass fishing! I'm in the process of procuring a bait casting rod and reel. My main fisheries are the Cowlitz River Steelhead. I love those fish. There isn't a single stretch of the Cowlitz I don't know from Blue Creek Hatch. to the mouth of Arkansas Cr. (Castle Rock).

As it says above, the Cowlitz is my area of know how BUTTTTTTT, the surrounding lakes(Riffe, Mayfield, Silverlake) and a few high lakes (Walupt, Takhalak, Council, and many more!) are some of my favorite places to fish.

I'm among those people who had a snoopy pole handed to them when they were able to walk. So If I had to guess, around 23+ years. I love it and will continue texperiencere expirence.

I was Introduced to fishing by my father (WL Member, Chambersranch). I'm thankful EVERY time I pick up a pole for his patients....and let me tell you! I did press them thin often fishing while growing up. haha

I Play my guitar pretty much when ever I have a free second. I also do the thing that most young guys and gals are doing these days, I play my video games. haha I have picked up the RC racing thing in the last 6 months, so I have pretty much dumped all my recent extra money into that trap. Now I'm wishing I had that money for a new Okuma Helios Bait caster and a Carrot Stix E21. *Slap to the forehead*

I honestly don't have a true favorite picture. I have PLENTY of pictures...just no favorites. I think it's because I prize that...feeling...yeah feeling! The feeling of being out there on the water, just deeply transfixed on the tension of line through your pole and finally to your finger tips. Or that erie quiet when you're the first one out on that piece of water. It's a spiritual thing for me. Personally, I can't capture that in a photo. But I'll try.
Last edited by Lip_Ripper87 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing is the life of past, present, and hopefully future. We must keep it a live! C&R!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:37 am

Welcome to all our recent new members - always interesting reading your stories. :-)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

masonlewisdiesel
Angler

Post by masonlewisdiesel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:56 am

Name: Mason Lewis
Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, Clamming, Working in my shop (welding, wrenching)
What You Do: Diesel Technician
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon
Where You Fish The Most: illwaco, Westport
How Long You Have Been Fishing: probably about 15 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: the ole man
Attachments
Prom1.jpg
Prom1.jpg (39.12 KiB) Viewed 12540 times

Phoenix04
Angler

Post by Phoenix04 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Hello again everyone! After a long stint of computer issues and phone not cooperating, I am back and with a new username. Previously was mcmillan0416. I don't remember if I had responded to this or not, but here is the info again

Name: Tanya
Hobbies: Aside from fishing, horseback riding (mostly jumping), music, and art
What You Do: Job 1: Retail Investigations; Job 2: Design management/artist
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon
Where You Fish The Most: Green River, Lake Meridian. Used to hit up a few other lakes frequently, but the truck was totalled earlier this year, and the hybrid can't pull a trailer. Thus, the boat, and myself, are grounded.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 20 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Parents
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work and School, should be finally graduating soon with my BA
Your Favorite Picture: Is not attached (not on this computer), but it is a photo I took of my old Border Colli rubbing noses with my cat

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Welcome again. :cheers:

I didn't know they had salmon in Meridian. :scratch: [biggrin]

We've probably passed each other on Meridian a time or two over the past 30 plus years that I've been fishing Meridian, but only for Bass.
Tom.

Interests: living

Phoenix04
Angler

Post by Phoenix04 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Hahahaha, well, Kokanee count for something at least, and there's quite a few in Meridian!

GreenRanger
Angler

Post by GreenRanger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Name: Jordan
Hobbies: fishing, shooting, Playstation 3, working on cars
What You Do: Gunners Mate E-6, US Navy. I commute to and from Bremerton everyday. I dont mind it.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon, Steelhead, Halibut, Sturgeon, Panfish, Trout, mostly saltwater fish. I mostly fish the Seattle area, sometimes over in Kitsap. My favorite lake in Kitsap is Long Lake. I lived on Long Lake growing up. We even had our own dock where we could fish off of. Lived very close to Curley Creek.
Favorite Beer: Rolling Rock
Where You Fish The Most: Saltwater fishing.
First car: red on black 1990 Chevy Corvette that I got when I was 14. Still have it to!
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 24years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: my Dad brought me when i was really young
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: usually working. Work consumes alot of my time.
Green Ranger was always my favorite Ranger on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers hence the name Green Ranger.
I drive a black on grey 2007 Ford F350 dually and a 1987 White Jeep YJ Renegade which i named Dixie after Daisy Dukes Jeep. I also have a 26ft Sea Ray which i use for fishing. I tow it with the F350 and the Jeep is my daily driver. The Jeep has a 327 in it, 3.5in lift, 37in mud tires with the Chevy slot mag rims and enough offroad lights to go to Mars and back as my wife says. Im originally from Devonport, Australia and i grew up in Vallejo, California. Mare Island was always one of my favorite hangout spots. If I could meet anyone in the world, it would be George Armstrong Custer.
Last edited by GreenRanger on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

viiilx04
Angler

Post by viiilx04 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 am

Luong, has spent more than half my life, may be 3/4, may be more.
Used to fish a river mouth in "Nam" as a teen. Stories of my catches are like fables to kids in the area as there was pretty much nothing left.
Fished Saskatchewan rivers and lakes for 10 odds years.
Been here 15+ years but just started to re-learn in hope to get the kids interested.
The more I read here, the dumber I feel.

Red Eye
Angler

Post by Red Eye » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:31 am

Name: Gerald

Hobbies: Fishind, Fly tying and lure making

What do you do: Work is for people who do not fish (Retired)

Favorite Species: Salmon

Where do you fish: Columbia River

How long have you been fishing: 66+ years

How did you get introduced to fishing: Father

What do you do when not fishing: Takecare of boat and equipment

Favorite Picture:dont know how to down load picture to post (jm)

KitsapJohn
Petty Officer

Post by KitsapJohn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 am

Name: John
Family: Wife of 22 years, 20 year old Daughter (Airforce) 17 year old Daughter (high school)
Favorite Beer: Red hook, Sam Adams, silvercity Fat ... who am I kidding.. COLD
Hobbies: Fishing, hunting, RVing(w/the family) , real camping (w/o family) and just being in the great outdoors
What You Do: Very retired Navy (6years now).. Kitsap county roads truck driver
Favorite Species To Fish For: Been salmon/ Halibut for the last few + years but now its getting back to my real love of fresh water, Bass , walleye ect
Where You Fish The Most: Looking foreward to getting back on all the area lakes and maybe a trip or two back to potholes.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: as long as I can remember
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: lucky to have a family that fished, Grandfather, Dad ect

Years ago I had to sell my boat and I became a boat bum. Over the years Iv gotten tired of depending on others to take me fishing so Im starting over with a 14 ft starcraft that has a 15 hp motor. Iv got an open mind and the desire to fish as much as I can (untill hunting season). trying new lakes and saltwater areas with a small boat.

Bryne Chum
Petty Officer

Post by Bryne Chum » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 am

Hi I'm Bryon,

I live in N. Seattle, so my fav spots to fish are Union, Washington, the chnanals, and i'll do green lake from time to time.I have been fishing since I was a child. I waas born in Florida, alot of great urban fishing there. I would visit my father in the summer, While he was at work, I was tearing up the millions of big blue gill and bass in the cannals that litter Ft.Lauderdale. I have also fished in Virgina, great place to fish, especialy bass and Northern pike. I fish for anything that swims. Realy would like to get into carp fishing! I am currently unemployed, so lots of time to fish! My hobbies include beer drinking, bicycle building/riding, home brewing, pizza making.

ripsomelip
Petty Officer

Post by ripsomelip » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

Hello,and
My Name is Dave Broussard
Lynnwood,WA
Native Washingtonian
I have fished all my life recently getting back into it heavier.
I am a lead HVAC tech/job foreman for an HVAC company.
I like to fish trout,salmon,steelhead, or whatever i can.
Interests: the outdoors,
my wife and kids, football, and I also play drums.

I frequent the Skykomish often since its so close, but want to get to know other fisheries better. have fished many local lakes as well.
hit it or quit it.

mermaid427
Angler

Post by mermaid427 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 am

Name: Shelsea
Family: My awesome boyfriend,Tyler & my amazing 5 year old,Ian.
Favorite Beer: Pyramid,Bud,Blue Moon
Hobbies: Fishing,camping,cooking,anything that involves the outdoors,I love to take my son fishing.Trying to get into hunting this year.
What You Do: Work partime and going to school to be an esthetician
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon,trout & bass
Where You Fish The Most: Skykomish,Cowlitz,Stilly,a lot of Snohomish lakes for my son
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 24 years (whole life)
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My father and grandpa

fischstix
Angler

Post by fischstix » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Name: Khris
Family: Wife of 3 years, doesn't fish, but loves to be on the lake
Favorite Beer: My own wheat beer
Hobbies: Home Brewing, Cooking, Fishing
What You Do: Business Development, Marketing, Sales
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass, Salmon, Monster Trout
Where You Fish The Most: Just started, but King, Thurston, and Snohomish County.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Took a nearly 8 year break, but back not since... last weekend!
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Best friend, long, long ago.

After a crazy fishing dream I pulled out the inflatable boat, built a wood floor and a bench seat, made Cabelas in Olympia REALLY happy by buying all new everything. Learning how to fish again and having a great time!

Ohcanada_00
Angler

Post by Ohcanada_00 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am

Well hello there! I've been lurking for a while a decided to sign up today, this looks like a good board with lots of useful info so I'm looking forward to spending some time here!

Name: Dustin Wilson

Hobbies: I love fishing, riding my motorcycle, trying to get my dog to dock dog jump, playing with my kids, reading, custom cars and my car club,reading and cribbage.

What I do: currently unemployed but looking hard and trying to change that.

Favorite species: I would say trout and salmon so far but I'm having a great time hunting for the always fun panfish.

Where do I fish the most: Tanwax, Kapowsin, Ohop, and Spanaway lakes, and the Puyallup and Nisqually rivers. Always looking for new spots though.

How long have I been fishing? This is just my second year. I moved around as a kid so much we never had time or the opportunity to go and then as an adult, was more concerned with other hobbies until I decided I'd had enough of the custom car scene as a serious competitor.

How did I get introduced? My best friend told me were were going fishing one day in the puyallup during the pink run and i wasn't allowed to say no. So now here I am having been bitten very very hard by the bug, I make every opportunity to go fishing count now and am trying hard to make up for 20 years or so of lost time!

When I'm not fishing I still play an active role in the Puget sound Toyota owners club, ride motorcycles, hang out with my wife and kiddos, love movies, am looking to get back into the workforce and generally just try to enjoy the little things and keep that stress level down!

My favorite picture so far is my cry first salmon. Nothing big but just a great memory and fun time for a green thumb.

Any car which holds together for an entire race is entirely too heavy. -Colin Chapman

sheprecon
Angler

Post by sheprecon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:43 am

Hey everyone!

The name is Shep and I love to fish. If only I could catch...that'd be great! I like to fish the sound around Brown's Point and in the Puyallup and Nisqually. I'm always looking for a new spot to hit though.

I love my family, love to cook and love to coach football (GO SPANAWAY SPARTANS!). Was medically retired from the Army after 13 years and now work on JBLM as a housing counselor.

Anyone know much about the Skokomish between the mouth and the 106 bridge?

toe-jam1967
Angler

Post by toe-jam1967 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Name: Kevin
Hobbies: Fishing,hunting, water fowling camping,cooking,anything that involves the outdoors.
What You Do for Work: chef
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon,steel head, trout
Where You Fish The Most: Chamber creek, Puyallup, Carbon, Minter creek, Nisqually,
Wynoochee, Cowlitz.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 18 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My bff got me in to Salmon & Trout fishing.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”