Baker Lake Camping

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
tvh1882
Angler

Baker Lake Camping

Post by tvh1882 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 am

Baker Lake fishing sounds fantastic. Since I live in the south end I'm thinking the best way to enjoy it would be to camp on the lake. I've never camped there before, I have looked online for info but am not quite sure if what I am finding is correct. I figure if I ask on here there will surely be a few people who can give me the facts.
Is tent camping/fishing Baker Lake a workable plan. It looks like there are sites available at Swift Creek Campground during the week, next week. Would that work as a home base for a fishing trip. What would be the best way to reserve a camp site? Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated.
Tom

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Baker Lake Camping

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 pm

There is also the Kulshan Campground at the South end of the lake. It is right before the boat launch.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

tvh1882
Angler

Post by tvh1882 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 am

Thanks for responding guys. I haven't made it up there yet but I'm still hopeing to. I'll make a report when I do.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Tent camping is doable at Baker Lake. Swift Creek Campground has a boat launch and many sites that are very close together. There places to camp along the side of road next to the lake before and after Swift Creek that are free and afford more privacy. Last weekend I camped 1 mile past Swift Creek, I launched at Swift Creek and took my boat to the campsite. Had a log pointing out into the lake to use for my private dock, this area was protected from the wind.
There are several FS roads that go to the lake past Horseshoe Cove CG that have cool campsites (again for free without the crowds) right on the lake. If you go to this link and click recreation, then camping, camping you will get to the site that allows you to reserve campsites www.fs.usda.gov/mbsrecreation/camping

Have fun Scott
Strider43
2014 stats
Coho = 3
Trout=200 plus
Steelhead=4
Kings=Skunked
Dollys 0
Suckers 0
Pinks=n/a

bbordeau
Petty Officer

Re: Baker Lake Camping

Post by bbordeau » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 am

I'm planning a trip up there in late July and will be bringing a boat at Swift Creek - do you think there will be space for parking the boat and trailer? I'm thinking it will be pretty busy.

Thanks
Brian

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 am

There are lots of roadside campspots that are actually really nice and free, albeit sans-bathroom. That's one reason that my wife needs reservations, although most of the good dates are booked up already. Also, if you launch, park somewhere, and boat to the far side of the lake there are some awesome lakeside spots that you can boat to. There are lots of options, and it's a super fun fishery.

gonzaii1
Angler

Post by gonzaii1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Does anyone know if shore fishing at Baker lake is worthwhile, and if so, any decent areas to try?

ReelyFun
Angler

Post by ReelyFun » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Fishing off of the bank is best at Lake Depression which is the small spillway right next to Baker Lake. I like to fish along the dike side with powerbait.

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Got my reservations at Panarama already. Hoping for a good year. :cheers:

Return to “Camping Life - the BEST places to go (and avoid!)”