NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by the1fishingpro » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:52 pm

As Most of you know, Im Keith AKA The1fishingpro! Im currently 18, and Im a bit immature for my age, but dont get me wrong I love fishing more than life itself. I live in Clark County and fish Lacamas Lake everytime I get the chance. Even try some Columbia fishing for Salmon and Smallies sometimes. My hobbies besides Fishing are Electric Guitar, Bowling, and golf. I was working at Safeway untill the other day when I quit so that I could work at BIG 5. Making the minimum, but at least Im getting better hours. My favorite species by far are Lm bass, but If I get hooked to anything that will give me a good fight, then Im in heaven. I've been fishing since I was a wee lad, but didnt start seriously fishing since 2 years ago. I was Introduced to fishing by my dad, but he gave up on fishing a long time ago, so I've been off on my own trying to get some Knowledge. (AKA this site).

My favorite Picture is me holding a C&R Lm bass from Lacamas offshore. Not sure how much it weighed, but I estimated 5-6lbs. Dont worry this one is definitely not Photoshopped! (took with cell phone)

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If in doubt set the hook!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Welcome back "the1fishingpro". As for being immature...maturity can come from learning from your mistakes, not repeating them. I hope to see you grow (mature) at this site.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:18 pm

welcome, T1FP,

What kind of ax to you have?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 am

Welcome back, Keith. Sweet bass. Check out my report for Lacamas on Sat. (10-13-07) caught a nice brown on a Wooly Bugger. First time for me to catch anything on a moving lure. It was great.

Maybe we could go out on my canoe sometime?!

Meantime...Sore Lip 'em All
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Thx, I needed a nice welcome back! Yeah maybe Iskiles, but my dad has a nice Aluminum boat that I plan on Taking out everytime This next spring. I saw your posts, nice Brown! Even though I was Suspended, that didnt mean I could come to the site as a guest and read up.

Mike.... Im not that good with abreviations, whats AX short for? If you mean Cell phone, I have a Nextel i580, which doesnt take that good of pictures. I just got lucky on that 1. Let me know wat ax means and I'll let you know.

Talking again never felt so good!

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:22 pm

the1fishingpro wrote: Let me know wat ax means and I'll let you know.
You said you were into playing electric guitar. AX is a euphemism for electric guitar.
Attachments
guitar.jpg
guitar.jpg (3.03 KiB) Viewed 2912 times

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:22 pm

what he said... :-)

Maybe I'm too old of a rocker. What do they call guitars now-adays (and please don't say guitars).

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Well, I play hardrock and blues. My hardrock guitar is called a First Act and its a Walmart Brand, not very good! but my blues guitar is a S.R.V =Stevie Ray Vaughan Classic, which costs a pretty penny online. Got her around 2k. As for guitar names, I have no clue, I just call them by there name, like I call mine The S.R.V and my cousin has a 250 ESP, so I just call his a ESP. I guess AX isnt out of style, but I still never have heard of anyone calling a guitar an AX.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 pm

sweet guitar. :-)

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 pm

:-k I'm not sure were the term Axe/Ax came from, but it has been around for many decades. I think that it started in the early days of rock & roll and electric blues. Probably the time of John Lee Hooker or Buddy Holly.
The steel body guitars of the 30's through the 40's, where designed to give a louder volume. When the electric guitar was born, a hollow body was no longer needed. I am guessing that someone looked at the solid thin body and replied "Man, that looks like an axe". The name stuck.
If you e-mail Fender, I am sure that they would know the origin of the slang term Axe.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:02 am

I didn't know the term went back that far. I thought it came from KISS in the 70's.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

homeslice
Petty Officer

Post by homeslice » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 pm

Name: vincent
Hobbies: Art, Photography, Hiking, Backpacking, Chess, Motocross Zamboni Racing, Fishing
I live in so. California so I fish much of the southern coast, lakes and streams. Weathers for fishing's great most of the year and fishing for species changes by the year. I've been fishing for just over a year and have learned a lot.
I started fishing by simply getting off my @ss and trying. Got together with a local socal fishing forum and got hooked. They taught me everything I know. I'll be posting socal fishing reports regularly so you folks can develop insight on the way folks fish the southwest. Check out my local forum hookupsportfishing.com look forward to seeing your reports.

myself
friend mark in lake convict, sierra mountains
myself with a california haibut

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I have played guitar off and on since I was in high school. I remember it in the 60's. Got me wondering now, I'll do some research.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Welcome to WL. com Vincent!:cheers:

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:26 pm

cavdad45 wrote:I didn't know the term went back that far. I thought it came from KISS in the 70's.
I have played guitar off and on since I was in high school. I remember it in the 60's. :-k Got me wondering now, I'll do some research.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:02 am

homeslice wrote:Hobbies: Art, Photography, Hiking, Backpacking, Chess, Motocross Zamboni Racing, Fishing
Welcome to WL.com!

Pardon the ignorance, I live a sheltered life...I couldn't see anyone rallying a Zamboni, so I googled Motocross Zamboni Racing and come across some articles about simple transmissionless motorcycles setup with spiked tires to run on ice rinks...is that what you are talking about? Sounds highly entertaining! :bounce:

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Bubbadel2
Petty Officer

Post by Bubbadel2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:01 am

Name: Nick
I live in Silverdale but am from SoCal.
Am a HUGE sports fan, Hockey, Football, Baseball, Motocross Zamboni Racing,
My brother is a huge fishing nut and is dragging me into it. I would love to get into it but dont know what the hell i am doing. I would love to learn. I think Washington is a beautiful place and would love to take advantage of the awesome fishing opportunity i have while im up here.

Bubbadel2
Petty Officer

Post by Bubbadel2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:02 am

damn double posts
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:16 am

Name:Shawn
Hobbies:Fishing of course,fly tying,watching football GO HAWKS,reading,when I'm not working or fishing I build custom rods mostly fly rods but others.When work and fishing slows down in Dec and Jan.I'm going to school to finish my degree in fire science with a background in forestry.About four months out of the year I fight wildland forest fires.But I wanna get a job in forestry.I dont know why I haven't done the introduce yourself thing yet I've been on this site for a while,but just neglected to do this so my apologize for taking so long.I'm glad to be here learning from others.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:21 pm

LOL Bubbadel I've seen that photo to.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”