Theres a Rainbow on the Horizon!

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Theres a Rainbow on the Horizon!

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 am

I have a pic of the kokanee but not the cutthroat i didnt keep either. I know it sounds BS but i live 30 seconds from padden i fish it late season a lot. Ask kockmando his buddy got a 22 inch cutt on opening day last year he thought it was a broodstock rainbow lolol. Thats what u get for trolling cutplug herring for trout!!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 pm

fullybuilt2.0 wrote:Thanks I needed this;)
Pretty useful chart huh?

And sorry for the late reply Racfish, didnt see your question up there. We havent ever fished this lake. We dont do that much lake fishing to tell you thr truth. We lake fish may and then june starts our springer summer stealhead season and goes into salmon so we dont fish lakes much. I havent actually really ever heard anything about it but i bet theres still fish around, a lot of the little lakes like that have been doing well here.

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 pm

I dont have a copy of the pic of the 22 inch cutt but I saw the pic and know the kid really well that caught it. I play xbox with him alot lol. Ive never actually heard of turtle lake so yeah. A lake I would have liked to try was fazon when they first put muskies in there, i don't think theres many left just a ton of sunfish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 pm

It used to be a popular Bass lake.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 pm

turtle or fazon?

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:56 pm

fishenfreak wrote:I have a pic of the kokanee but not the cutthroat i didnt keep either. I know it sounds BS but i live 30 seconds from padden i fish it late season a lot. Ask kockmando his buddy got a 22 inch cutt on opening day last year he thought it was a broodstock rainbow lolol. Thats what u get for trolling cutplug herring for trout!!
I used to do a lot of fishing out of padden, can't say I caught anything close to that.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:58 pm

well ya didnt troll on a downrigger 5 feet from bottom with a red label cut plug herring did ya!!!!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

A little delay in getting pictures out of my phone. 16-18" Bows out of a Rose of a lake. Then Bows, Browns and Blues out of several lakes over a few days this last week. The browns ranged from 11-14". In the brine now, they'll be SMOKIN tomorrow!
Attachments
5-2-12 Roses trip.jpg
Bows, Browns and Blues Oh My! Out of several lakes near Manson, WA
5-2-12 Roses trip.jpg (193.71 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
5-2-12 Roses.jpg
16-18" Reel Screamin Bows out of Roses ZZZzzzz ZZZZzzzz ZZZZZzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5-2-12 Roses.jpg (183.81 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 am

Nice catch!