Theres a Rainbow on the Horizon!

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Theres a Rainbow on the Horizon!

Post by RiverChromeGS » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm

2012 Washington Trout stocking schedule is out. Not a lot of triploids in my lakes, kind of dissapointing, thats what made it worth it for me. Oh well, theres some loids other places. Take a look for your area

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01376/wdfw01376.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Theres a Rainbow on the Horizon!

Post by RiverChromeGS » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Woops mike sorry wanna move this to lake or trout forum, theres already a similar post but this is the new "FULL" list of all lakes and counties on one page

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 pm

That's a neat little chart. Trout catching is always good family fun.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 am

I want 20000 Brood stock in Padden.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 pm

I loved fishing Padden. I wrote you the other day about Lake Padden.LOL... I spent many a school day fishing Padden and Samish. I miss those days.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Me too but isn't it a kiddie fishing lake now? If no you better catch 'em fast cause the water will be way warm in about a month.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 pm

No its not kids only. It got 4500 triploids last few years and i knew right where they sat, i caught like 25 triploids opening day last 2 years, buuut washingtons great Department of Fish and Wildlife decided they were too poor to raise any this year, so now stuck with 20000 stupid 9 inchers... cool

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 pm

And by the way Padden hides some monster kokanee and cutts if u can get past the planters. i took a 17 inch kokanee and a 23.25 inch cutthroat in september last year trolling deep when the bows finally ate all the hooked embedded powerbait

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:59 pm

warm water?? naw we always slay em, and racfish yeah. its a blast to go there after school, hang out in the grass and catch some fish. Last year me and 2 of my friends did a project for ap chemistry where we fished lake padden from shore and measured different water traits compared to how many fish we caught. the results were very inconclusive, too many variables like the fact that there were less fish in the lake every day. We gotta miss like 3 hours of school every wednsday to go fish and play basketball at padden though. lol. also would usually stop at ampm on the way there. gotta love those chicken sandwiches.

Kockmandoo
Lieutenant

Post by Kockmandoo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm

the kokanee also take flies too. I saw FF take a bigg koke on a fly. i dont remember how big but he was chunky.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes boys I know it's hard to believe but you aren't the only one that have lived in B'ham. I lived there for twelve years and fished about every bit of water you could throw a line in. I even took a 12# hen out of the middle of Cornwall park. Padden does get warm, real warm as the summer progresses, trust me on that one. I used to fish Padden just out from outlet, there used to be a little dock there. Just out of casting range and drop a worm or a bit of shrimp to the bottom got some dandy cutts out of there. You don't want to wait to long or it's a CR only....muddy taste. But by then you boys will be off hitting some summer runs.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Yea warm water makes um taste like mud, although planter trout dont taste that great in the first place, and trust me :-$ :-$ ive C&R's more than just a 12lb hen out of that park in the winter

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 am

Yeah that was my fave spot but I used to walk the creek from BCS all the way to the Guide. It was a great stop on the way home. Made for lots of dinners.... [biggrin]

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am

Yes sir, i just drive along and stop and my fav places now, The confluence of Baker Creek always holds a fish on dropping water. Obviously things were different back then, but i release um all now cause theres not many left and its just nice to know that theres still a few natives able to support themselves in a ditch like that, dont know if youve seen it lately but its really polluted and lost a lot of water flow in recent years, kinda sad, but the fish are still surviving in there.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 am

Lake Padden should have roaches everywhere from the 70's. It was our hideout from school. Hahaha Im suprised there arent forests up there. :-"

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am

fishenfreak wrote:Yes sir, i just drive along and stop and my fav places now, The confluence of Baker Creek always holds a fish on dropping water. Obviously things were different back then, but i release um all now cause theres not many left and its just nice to know that theres still a few natives able to support themselves in a ditch like that, dont know if youve seen it lately but its really polluted and lost a lot of water flow in recent years, kinda sad, but the fish are still surviving in there.
The ponds at the end of the creek by I5 were a favorite place to plant steel from the Whatcom Falls Hatchery. Not much of a spawning ground but there ya go. Bobber and a worm used to work wonders there. It's probably not in operation anymore..... ? The pond out behind it was always good for a laugh, they used to hold a kids fishing derby. It was a great volunteer opportunity helping the kids with gear and some great comic relief. How many Zebco’s can you un-birdnest in a day.......

PS: Those Natives are all from hatchery stock, They first started to dump "leftover" plants in the I5 ponds. A friend who was perpetual student worked at the hatchery for like 6 years while getting his fisheries mgt degree so I go t first hand info on the dumps and helped with a bunch. They used to put fish in about every bit of moving water available.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

Really? Thats interesting! I never knew that... Well it has been shut down for years and years now so the fish that are alive have been naturally reproducing by themselves for a long time. Cool to see they can still survive in a little polluted ditch like that! I get some every year also so theyre goin strong still

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 am

Hey Freak and Kockmando . Do you guys ever fish Turtle Lake.? I used to live near it. There wasnt much area to fish. As I remember it ,it was very swampy looking. Panfish was the norm to catch. From what my burned out mind remembers the water wasnt very deep. Lots of cover for bass and panfish. Is it still that way?

fullybuilt2.0
Petty Officer

Post by fullybuilt2.0 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks I needed this;)

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 am

fishenfreak wrote:And by the way Padden hides some monster kokanee and cutts if u can get past the planters. i took a 17 inch kokanee and a 23.25 inch cutthroat in september last year trolling deep when the bows finally ate all the hooked embedded powerbait

I am sorry, but I will need to see pics of that. [drool]