*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
panfisher
Captain

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by panfisher » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 pm

i 'm all for the next similar contest were tou have to kiss the fish in the picture, i am just (chomping at the bait) to get my line wet, i'm sooooo looking forward to giv'n you guys a thrashing in hopefully the near future. this is a great contest.:thumleft: <')//<

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 pm

I will let you guys in a small secret. I have pictures with the O- tay sign with 4 fish. Rainbow trout, Large mouth bass, crappie, and yellow bullhead catfish. I will post the pictures once I have all 5. But guess what fish is giving me a run for my money. I know, I know this is terrible a squaw fish. I even tried down on the Columbia for about an hour. If I would have known it was going to be this tough I would have been trying for carp lol. Oh well if anybody asks I will claim that I was giving you guys a chance lol. A SQUAWFISH WTF!!!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:37 pm

gpc wrote:I will let you guys in a small secret. I have pictures with the O- tay sign with 4 fish. Rainbow trout, Large mouth bass, crappie, and yellow bullhead catfish. I will post the pictures once I have all 5. But guess what fish is giving me a run for my money. I know, I know this is terrible a squaw fish. I even tried down on the Columbia for about an hour. If I would have known it was going to be this tough I would have been trying for carp lol. Oh well if anybody asks I will claim that I was giving you guys a chance lol. A SQUAWFISH WTF!!!
I had a feeling there was a "sleeper" in the group....

A SQUAW????? Sorry mate, that one WON'T be represented on your (I mean) the plaque.

Congrats on the other 4, look forward to seeing them. You better "get in line" quickly...I heard Gringo sent his wife on another vacation so he can fish....:cheers:

I'm waiting on EBM or BBD to come out of nowhere with all 5 "O-TAYS".

I gotta go see if the wiskers are dry on the catfish so I can start painting it...:thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:53 pm

Thats not good news, being that dispatch hooked me for a draft (extra shift) tomorrow. I had plans of a bullhead and trout session tomorrow with The Thumb. Guess thats out. Sunday is booked as well, going kayaking with the wife up at upper Priest. That leaves monday, and I need to finish the decks on the boat.

Guess we will see who comes out....

E

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:02 pm

gpc wrote:I will let you guys in a small secret. I have pictures with the O- tay sign with 4 fish. Rainbow trout, Large mouth bass, crappie, and yellow bullhead catfish. I will post the pictures once I have all 5. But guess what fish is giving me a run for my money. I know, I know this is terrible a squaw fish. I even tried down on the Columbia for about an hour. If I would have known it was going to be this tough I would have been trying for carp lol. Oh well if anybody asks I will claim that I was giving you guys a chance lol. A SQUAWFISH WTF!!!
you might try Lake WA for your squawfish. I caught one last two trips out.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:54 pm

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:
you might try Lake WA for your squawfish. I caught one last two trips out.
Thank you zen leecher aka Bill W. But I have more bad news...... I tried at lake WA and came home with no pike minnows. The most embarrassing part is I tried for bass and PERCH on the same trip and walked away w/ no fish. Man I must really be in a slump lol.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:57 pm

At least you can catch 4 fish. I don't think I've caught a fish since a week before this contest started. Well, I hope it's just because I'm a rookie dropshotter and I suck at it.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:42 pm

I told you guys there would be a dark horse who would suprise everyone.
Make sure you get the reports in gpc.
And how come you haven't called me to help you out. I thought we we where friends. LOL.
Good luck bro. Looking forward to your post.

This is getting good! Who is going to pull it off. I know who I have my money on.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:47 pm

bassackwards wrote:The plaque is almost done guys...I'm just waiting to see who's name goes on it. It's some of my best work (toot, toot)...if I do say so myself.

I hear Gringo has an Electrician coming over tomorrow to wire up the spot-light for his new plaque =d&gt](Disclaimer: Gringo never reeeeally said that stuff, I made it all up to excite the masses)[/size]

Who's gonna take it????

I'll have "in-progress" (before & after) shots of the plaque construction up in a few days....I'd love to be able to burn the winners name on it this weekend....

GET OUT THERE AND CATCH #5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna see it! I wanna see it! Come on man, why you holding out.

I have no doubt who ever gets it will be very happy. I think everyone has actually forgot about the other prizes and they are all working for the plaque. See what you've done bassackwards. You art is almost to die for. :tongue:

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:47 pm

I am going to keep repeating this. I thought you would have this contest over within three days max. But this is great, it brings suspense, especially with gpc throwing a wrench in the works. I need to pray to the fish gods for me to magically refind my fishing touch and make an impossible comeback to the top.

P.S. That request is so impossible that even praying isn't gonna help. I guess I'm going to have to tough this freakin terrible slump out.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:52 pm

LMAO... bassackwards is killing me!

I just came in from the garage (prepping the boat for tomorrow :cheers: ) and I discovered that when my battery tipped over last weekend when I was attacked by a rogue wave it spilled some electrolyte (aka acid) and my floor paint is peeling like crazy :thumbdown: I dumped a bunch of baking soda and water in to neutralize it and minimize the damage... I'll hose it out in the morning I guess.

Anyway, that's it, I'm so catching a carp tomorrow (or at least a big bass)
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 pm

iPodrodder wrote:I am going to keep repeating this. I thought you would have this contest over within three days max. But this is great, it brings suspense, especially with gpc throwing a wrench in the works. I need to pray to the fish gods for me to magically refind my fishing touch and make an impossible comeback to the top.

P.S. That request is so impossible that even praying isn't gonna help. I guess I'm going to have to tough this freakin terrible slump out.
"iPod"...Jesus fed THOUSANDS with just ONE fish...it's gonna take 5 to take this one...

Take your favorite lure, walk up to the water and throw it in, then rig up your drop shot and fish SLOOOWLY (when you think you're fishing slow...slow down more)...give it a twitch or two during your 20 count...come on bro, dust yourself off, lift your head up and go get 'em. gpc could be bluffing, never know :-"

Sloooooowlyyy. I've been fishing mine way too fast then. I will use your advice and send my slump to sleep with the fishes. Thanks for the support.

Aha! A conspiracy! This will give me the manic energy you only get when you think the world is out to get you. :tongue: 8-[
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:57 pm

I knew it wouldn't be an easy contest but definitely one that could be accomplished. I thought about doing this earlier in the year but I truely believe this time of year makes this a tiny bit more challenging. If this contest was held during the summer, one week max, no doubt. Keep the heat coming guys. Just to make this more exciting, I know of one more member who has 4 species and is working in the shadows to tag the 5th before anyone else can. He has not posted on this thread at all. Another dark horse to throw into the mix.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:03 pm

Another conspiracy!!! Is the world really out to get me? (falls into a hole) ;)

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:42 pm

iPodrodder wrote:At least you can catch 4 fish. I don't think I've caught a fish since a week before this contest started. Well, I hope it's just because I'm a rookie dropshotter and I suck at it.

Even though I caught 4 fish they were all from the other side of the mountains. The last time I caught a fish over here was last saturday and it was a small trout. Before that, I cant even remember. Even the salmon are killing me.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 pm

fishnislife wrote:

I told you guys there would be a dark horse who would suprise everyone.
Make sure you get the reports in gpc.
And how come you haven't called me to help you out. I thought we we where friends. LOL.
Good luck bro. Looking forward to your post.

This is getting good! Who is going to pull it off. I know who I have my money on.

fishnislife
Dont worry fishnislife we are still friends lol. My sister is pretty good with a computer and she said it would be no problem for her to do it. But then I decided that I was going to wait and post until I had all 5. Or should I say IF I get all 5.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:46 pm

My slump died! I went to a secret lake, and fished SLOW! Still haven't figured out the dropshot though. I caught some big bass. No camera=no O-tay. :(

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:20 pm

you know gpc if you cant get a #5 you always got photoshop ROFL...!

JayBoy
Petty Officer

Post by JayBoy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:28 pm

HaHaHa........................................ NO! [-x
Fishing is a Privilege, not a sport!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:38 am

This thread has been alot of fun. Fishnislife, I told you before, but its worth repeating. Great idea and thanks.

Are you looking at something like this for a winter project? Hope so.

What's the final tally after this weekend?