Gear Swap Meet

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.

SWAP EVENT: Where would you be coming from?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 am

I'm coming from north of downtown Seattle.
32%
I'm coming from south of downtown Seattle.
28%
I'm coming from the eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, etc)
12%
I'm coming from across the Sound.
No votes
I'm making a day of it, coming from Central/Eastern Washington!
28%

Total votes: 25

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Re: Gear Swap Meet

Post by racfish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Im all in for a Ea Wa summer sale.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:38 pm

racfish wrote:Im all in for a Ea Wa summer sale.
And a detour to rufus =D>

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

We can all spend the night at Aaron and Marcs house.Do tents and campers in their yards. We can all share their kitchens and bathrooms on the way to Rufus. Im sure they wouldnt mind. :cheers: :cheers: :-"

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I haven't been following this thread that closely, but I am very excited to see it come to fruition. LIke a lot of people, I thinkI have a TON of gear that does not get used. I prob. have 75 OLD SCHOOL STYLE mepps spinners. I refer to ones made in the 60's-70's with stronger wire, etc. reels, etc.
Hope you get it off the ground, Ralph.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Well this weekend I am going through my tackle boxes looking for items for the swap meet. I pull out gear I havent ever used some new some used. So I get this big box going of the unused gear. Then comes this. I might need this, this year ,Id better save it.Back in the box it went. Then I think to myself Nahhh I'll put it back in the sell box. Ive done this with 3 tackleboxes allready. The funny thing is how well attached we become to our fishing gear that we say to ourselves "I might need this". I laughed at myself over the weekend for this. ](*,)

Now lets find a time and date.We can figure out where after when. Seems that most are comming from North so far. It would be nice to accomedate the elders who dont want to drive too far and possibly those young enough that dont drive. We need to watch out for Mothers,Father days. Also Easter,Passover and religious holidays. Im still pondering April to be best. Again being careful not to do it on opening day Allthough wed really get a great turnout of fishing people that way. Lets come up with a few to six places and narrow it down from there. Parks with good parking and covered areas should be ideal.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm

[quote="racfish"]Well this weekend I am going through my tackle boxes looking for items for the swap meet. I pull out gear I havent ever used some new some used. So I get this big box going of the unused gear. Then comes this. I might need this, this year ,Id better save it.Back in the box it went. Then I think to myself Nahhh I'll put it back in the sell box. Ive done this with 3 tackleboxes allready. The funny thing is how well attached we become to our fishing gear that we say to ourselves "I might need this". I laughed at myself over the weekend for this. ](*,)
quote]
ha this is how i feel, i have lots of stuff lots of rods that are never used and reels that are not cheap. I dont think id swop any of it unless it was another xrodz lol but id attend the swop and meet tho.

MrJohn
Petty Officer

Post by MrJohn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I'd make it if it was Flaming Geyser. If I have to travel into or through Seattle I doubt I'd make it.
Got a bunch of old stuff that I have no idea if anyone wants but would be fun to look anyway.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 pm

BUMP. I haven't forgotten this idea. In fact, making it a sticky. I'm thinking we'll try to do it in the next few months.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 am

I too have not forgotten this. I had some surgery this last month and now feeling right as rain again. I have been going through gear finding good stuff to unload. While I was laid up I was just putting the gear together. Id say summer time would be best when we know the weather will be cooperative.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:50 pm

racfish wrote:I too have not forgotten this. I had some surgery this last month and now feeling right as rain again. I have been going through gear finding good stuff to unload. While I was laid up I was just putting the gear together. Id say summer time would be best when we know the weather will be cooperative.
agreed. I have actually found a good amount of stuff I don't use that others may find useful.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed May 16, 2012 5:16 pm

see the new announcement!

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”