Tohatsu 8HP $800 2 cycle

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Don Icenogle
Angler

Tohatsu 8HP $800 2 cycle

Post by Don Icenogle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Bought this about a year and a half ago from my neighbor he is the original owner and I don't think he used it much. It still looks nice. On 3-31-2011 I took it to Sorenson Marine in White Center to have a general service. I have not used it since I bought it, other than to start it my garage. The reason for not using it is I have a 3.5hp (shown in the pic on the floor)which seems to be all I need for my 9' inflatable. Takes up to much room in my little one car garage.

The receipt from Sorensons states the following: compression 95-100. Spark good. Change gear lube, was ok. R & R prop and lube shaft. R & R zink and clean and reinstall. Change fuel filter. Remove and disassemble recoil system to lube and reinstall. Test run, water flow good. Run engine tuner for internal clean and decarbon. Set low needle & idle speed. Final test run good. General lubrication & clean.

Comes with one tank (maybe 2 if I can find it), a small bag of tools that came with the engine when purchased, and a Tahatsu engine cover.

The people at Sorensons say $800 is a reasonable price to ask. Supposedly, this 8hp is in demand cause of its light weight for its size.
Last edited by Don Icenogle on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Tohatsu 8HP $800 4 cycle

Post by Amx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Short shaft or long shaft? Looks to be a short shaft. Any idea how many hours on it? And where do you live?
Tom.

Interests: living

Don Icenogle
Angler

Re: Tohatsu 8HP $800 4 cycle

Post by Don Icenogle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 pm

I made a mistake it's 2 cycle. I'll edit the that when I figure that out. Hour I have no idea it's about 15 years old. I don't see a manufactured date on it. It's a short shaft. I live in Burien.