Kokanee Power Of Washington

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Kokanee Power Of Washington

Post by Kokonuts » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Kpow will be signing up New Charter Members soon. This is your your chance to become a CHARTER MEMBER AT REDUCED RATES! Watch this site for more information!! =D>

We are now trying to schedual DERBY's for this spring & summer, but we are running in to a major problem so I am asking for information from all of you in the Tacoma, Seattle, Puyallup area's for your help!

We need infrormation on Lakes large enough to allow 50+ Boats, parking , an area large enough to hold the weigh in & awards, with nearby Motels, Rv & Tent Camping !

The Board of Directors still has room for 2 Area Directors. The duties will be taking the lead on Derby's & project's in the area with the help of the rest of the Board. The work can be done by e mail on our new Web Site. Let me know if you are interested! :cheers:

Thanks, Richard Kennedy
Pres. KPOW!
E mail -- richard@kokaneepowerofwashington.net

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Kokanee Power Of Washington

Post by Toni » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:36 pm

You already know about me.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Post by Kokonuts » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:58 am

Toni,
You've been helping for the past couple of months and I really appreciate everything!

Thank You, Richard K.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Look at Lake Whatcom as a potential derby spot. The only issue is that they have an outboard motor restriction which basically keeps non-direct injected 2 strokes off the water. The public launch and park on the north end of the Lake would suit your needs.

Lake Washington would be perfect if they didn't have a 5 fish combined limit and a max size of under 15".

For a change of pace, Lake Kachess is loaded with kokes, albeit small fish. It is actually a pretty quick drive from the greater Seattle area and the park has a nice paved launch with plenty of RV and tent camping areas.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am

G-Man wrote:Look at Lake Whatcom as a potential derby spot. The only issue is that they have an outboard motor restriction which basically keeps non-direct injected 2 strokes off the water. The public launch and park on the north end of the Lake would suit your needs.

Lake Washington would be perfect if they didn't have a 5 fish combined limit and a max size of under 15".

For a change of pace, Lake Kachess is loaded with kokes, albeit small fish. It is actually a pretty quick drive from the greater Seattle area and the park has a nice paved launch with plenty of RV and tent camping areas.

That is a huge lake for just electric motors. At least there won't be any water skiers.

Is there any people who would be willing to be members and work at the derby to put it on? To fish it?
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 am

Toni wrote:
G-Man wrote:Look at Lake Whatcom as a potential derby spot. The only issue is that they have an outboard motor restriction which basically keeps non-direct injected 2 strokes off the water. The public launch and park on the north end of the Lake would suit your needs.

That is a huge lake for just electric motors. At least there won't be any water skiers.

Is there any people who would be willing to be members and work at the derby to put it on? To fish it?
Lake Whatcom allows 4 stroke motors and direct injected 2 strokes. As it is also supplies drinking water to the surrounding area, they don't allow internal combustion motors that do not meet certain clean emission standards.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am

G-Man wrote:
Toni wrote:

Lake Whatcom allows 4 stroke motors and direct injected 2 strokes. As it is also supplies drinking water to the surrounding area, they don't allow internal combustion motors that do not meet certain clean emission standards.
OK. I get it now. My 1974 4hp would be BANNED.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 pm

From what I heard Lake Merwin is loaded with these fish. I think you would have to work on the parking as it's pretty busy during peak season but i think it could be done when you include the overflow area. Also there is a nice park area next to the launch that could be used for weigh in. We've ran several Tiger Muskie Tournament there over the years and though we don't have 50+ boats I think it could be done it planed right

Just my 2 cents
ND

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Dex wrote:From what I heard Lake Merwin is loaded with these fish. I think you would have to work on the parking as it's pretty busy during peak season but i think it could be done when you include the overflow area. Also there is a nice park area next to the launch that could be used for weigh in. We've ran several Tiger Muskie Tournament there over the years and though we don't have 50+ boats I think it could be done it planed right

Just my 2 cents
ND
Thank you for the information. Kokonuts is a regular at Merwin...you might say his "second home." [thumbsup]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:59 am

Lake Cushman or Lake's Kachess and CleEllum have plenty of space and kokanee... Riffe Lake has silvers.

Mike@Bills
Angler

Post by Mike@Bills » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

American Lake would be awesome for a Koke tourney! I only fish for Kokes on American Lake. The public launch holds a lot of vehicles and there is the north launch also. Bills Boathouse is awesome too (I work there and run my guide boat out of there.)

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Mike@Bills wrote:American Lake would be awesome for a Koke tourney! I only fish for Kokes on American Lake. The public launch holds a lot of vehicles and there is the north launch also. Bills Boathouse is awesome too (I work there and run my guide boat out of there.)
It would with permission from the WDFW and early in the season. Warm weather would make too many vehicles.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Just a note that may not have been seen but the first board of directors fell through and a new one will have to be organized to get KPOW going again.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”