*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by fishnislife » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:41 am

FYI - This has officially become the most popular thread in WL.com history. With 159 posts and 1,322 views (will break the views record today) The freshwater contest is the most clicked and replied thread ever. :cheers:
Nice job guys, way to keep this site fun and exciting.

The other most popular ones in order are:

Most Creative Handle Contest - 143 posts 1,101 views
WashingtonLakes.com BBQ - 139 posts 1,382
New Members Introduce Yourself - 109 posts 1,271 views

I can tell what everyone likes around here.
Stay tuned for more fun contests and get togethers.

Now, back to the action.
Who will be the one to catch the final species?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:52 am

Watch out for that Most Memorable Fish thread. Over a 100 views in less than 24 hours. That one will go places, too. Such a great topic especially as the season winds downs and we all get into being nostalgic. It should atleast make the 100-Club.

fishnislife, This is a great thread and even though it started to go South there for a bit, it held together. 200+ posts for sure.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:02 pm

You gots competition! Congrats on the amazing, coveted, prestigious honor. :^o :bom: I think that Memorable Fish one is going to give you a run for your money. If not, I'll spam the heck out of it. :-# #-o

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 pm

iPodrodder wrote:You gots competition! Congrats on the amazing, coveted, prestigious honor. :^o :bom: I think that Memorable Fish one is going to give you a run for your money. If not, I'll spam the heck out of it. :-# #-o
:-s
I'm not doing this for competition or who can make the greatest post. I was just stating that the whole of WL.com has made some good posts great. I can only do so much, the rest of you make it better. That's all I was trying to say. I can see how stating those facts might have seemed arrogant. I am not doing this for praise but to get everyone more excited about fishing and learning more about the sport. In my book, the more the merrier. My hope is that posts like the this one and the Memorable Fish thread will bring people out of "Lurkerville" and start contributing. Keep'em coming.
The Memorable Fish thread will be a good one. I hope everyone continues to add to it and show pics like the last couple of guys have. I like it when someone tells a good story and has the crazy pic to go along with it. :thumleft:

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:12 pm

I still need to find the picture that relates to my story or I think I'll have to put up another story with an accompanied picture!

The picture does cap off the story though and makes it so much cooler to read, no matter how big or what kind of fish it is...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Uh oh....

The Thumb had his babies (twins, little ones), and was home today. In light of his good luck and fortune, we went out for a little celebratory fish. He stepped up...

Wildcard; Squaw

Panfish; 14 oz Perch:

To add insult to injury, I caught a perch later that was 15oz. Its his boat, so I dont harass him too much.....

Trout fishing will commence in 3.... 2.....

E

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:22 pm

Boy that is a fat perch...Nice fish...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:31 pm

Here are the current standings:

Iskiles
Trout
Panfish

Gisteppo
Panfish
Bass
Wildcard - Squawfish

Derrick-k
Trout
Bass

dilbert
Bass

2000subaru
Bass

The Thumb
Bass
Panfish
Wildcard - Squawfish

Gringo Pescador
Trout
Panfish
Bass
Catfish

*felts_jf
Trout
Panfish
Bluegill

*pending pictures and fishing report

fishnislife

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:39 pm

fishnislife wrote:
iPodrodder wrote:You gots competition! Congrats on the amazing, coveted, prestigious honor. :^o :bom: I think that Memorable Fish one is going to give you a run for your money. If not, I'll spam the heck out of it. :-# #-o
:-s
I'm not doing this for competition or who can make the greatest post. I was just stating that the whole of WL.com has made some good posts great. I can only do so much, the rest of you make it better. That's all I was trying to say. I can see how stating those facts might have seemed arrogant. I am not doing this for praise but to get everyone more excited about fishing and learning more about the sport. In my book, the more the merrier. My hope is that posts like the this one and the Memorable Fish thread will bring people out of "Lurkerville" and start contributing. Keep'em coming.
The Memorable Fish thread will be a good one. I hope everyone continues to add to it and show pics like the last couple of guys have. I like it when someone tells a good story and has the crazy pic to go along with it. :thumleft:

fishnislife
I know you're not. I'm kidding around. I think this is, like you said, a great way to bring out our lurkers.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Gisteppo wrote:Uh oh....

The Thumb had his babies (twins, little ones), and was home today. In light of his good luck and fortune, we went out for a little celebratory fish. He stepped up...

E
Nice! The hospital bracelet still attached and all....
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:28 pm

dilbert wrote:
Gisteppo wrote:Uh oh....

E
Nice! The hospital bracelet still attached and all....
I bow down to the great "Thumb"...you my friend are a brave, brave, man. Hospital bracelet still attached, wife at home? at the hospital still recovering from TWINS no less...and you are out on a boat doin the "O-TAY"??? This is a "Budwieser" commercial in the making.

Congrats on your babies. I hope they, and Mommy, are doing great!!! Nice fish by the way!!! :thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Hey! Guys! Get out of the house and catch a fish for me! This suspense is draining me....and the fact that I can't catch a fish to save my life lately.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:41 pm

Lake Tapps has Carp.
Attachments
carp.jpg
carp.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 pm

Hear that Gringo? GET YOUR DANG CARP!!!!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Carp info was from YUKONMATT lake reports at Lake Tapps Date: 07/22/2007 and he gave info on he caught it.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 am

Toni wrote:Carp info was from YUKONMATT lake reports at Lake Tapps Date: 07/22/2007 and he gave info on he caught it.
He didn't even know what it was and he still caught it. Ok, ok...corn is in the tackle bag... if the bass aren't biting again tomorrow I'll catch me up some delicious carp. Do I have to touch the nasty thing, or can I just do a long distance o-tay?
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 am

you could do a head mount of the fish that put you over the top. use marbles for the eyes

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 pm

dilbert wrote:
Toni wrote:Carp info was from YUKONMATT lake reports at Lake Tapps Date: 07/22/2007 and he gave info on he caught it.
He didn't even know what it was and he still caught it. Ok, ok...corn is in the tackle bag... if the bass aren't biting again tomorrow I'll catch me up some delicious carp. Do I have to touch the nasty thing, or can I just do a long distance o-tay?
LOL...I'd accept a long distance "O-tay"...but I'm not calling the shots on this one. Fishinislife is one of those "old school" fisherman that kiss all their fish....pucker up little fella!!!!!

NASTY

That's why Carp look so sad, they know they're ugly too... 8-[

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm guessing the carp in the picture was thinking "S***, this doesn't look good."

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:05 pm

The plaque is almost done guys...I'm just waiting to see who's name goes on it. It's some of my best work (toot, toot)...if I do say so myself.

I hear Gringo has an Electrician coming over tomorrow to wire up the spot-light for his new plaque =d> He said his "Casting Champ" plaque is lonely...
(Disclaimer: Gringo never reeeeally said that stuff, I made it all up to excite the masses)

Who's gonna take it????

I'll have "in-progress" (before & after) shots of the plaque construction up in a few days....I'd love to be able to burn the winners name on it this weekend....

GET OUT THERE AND CATCH #5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.