Lake Merwin-2-5-12

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Lake Merwin-2-5-12

Post by Kokonuts » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am

I went out Sunday with some of my friends Joel, Paul,& Doug, It was pretty windy until about 12 & then by 3 it had slowed down a lot. We went down near the Dam to get into calmer waters and we boated 10 & missed several others. The largest were 12" but healthy looking . We ran 4 poles all day using small size Hoochies, Bugs, & Spinners but most of them hit the Pink Hoochies. All behind Pink & Gold, Pink & Silver Sling baldes. We used Pink Maggots which is about all I ever use at Merwin nowdays. They were running from the surface to 20 ft. Water temp was 39-40.

It was good to get out on the lake with my boat for the first time this year and we had a lot of Fun! Even when I was driving the boat from the front seat, talking ,laughing, drinking my coffee for about an hour BEFORE I realized that Joel :-" had disconnected the rod that connects the 2 motors and was driving the boat from the rear seat!! Yep, they were all in on it and could hardly keep from laughing as I was just Dumb & Happy being cool driving along!! [drool] Its going to be another Great Year !!

Kokonuts

MotoBoat
Commodore

Re: Lake Merwin-2-5-12

Post by MotoBoat » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 pm

When you steered right, did the boat ever go left? Not because of the wind. :scratch:

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for the update. Did you put this report in the Lake Merwin report section?
Did you get a temperature of the lake?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Post by Kokonuts » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:11 am

Toni, Temp was 39-40 and I am not sure how to post in the Lake Reports section???

Kokonuts

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:47 am

Where you fishing Riffe Lake by the dam or in Lake Merwin?

Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Post by Kokonuts » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Merwin On Sunday!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Kokonuts wrote:Toni, Temp was 39-40 and I am not sure how to post in the Lake Reports section???

Kokonuts
Top of the page says Submit Report. Click it and then click freshwater lakes, Change the date to Feb 5, and then answer the questions and put in a hopspot. Copy the report you put in the forum and paste it in the report section. then submit and your report will be part of the statistical part of Lake Merwin's historical data.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.