Ice thickness! NCW

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Jordan
Lieutenant

Ice thickness! NCW

Post by Jordan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 am

Hey I was wondering how the ice was on Roses Lake by Chelan and some of the other ice fishing lakes around NCW.. don't want to know how the fishing is, just if the ice is safe or not.. thanks!

wolverine
Captain

Re: Ice thickness! NCW

Post by wolverine » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 pm

No replies?
looks like you'll have to drive an hour up hwy 97 to Manson and find out for yourself!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 am

I just returned from Fish Lake near Lake Wenatchee and Patterson by Winthrop. Ice is beaucoup thick at both! Ice ranged from 18" - 2'! Thicker than I usually fish. Not a year that an axe would work all that well.... You should find good hard white ice on top, a layer of somewhat soft ice in the middle and then thick clear ice on the bottom of about 18" at Roses. Although, I didn't stop at Roses. I caught trout and sculpin at Fish, NO perch. Patterson provided a fairy quick limit of kokanee but only one perch. Patterson doesn't seem to be infested with perch any more......
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am

I wish it was only an hour for me......... LMAO If I lived in E Wenatchee, it might only take 30 minutes.... to get to Fish Lake... I'd also check Evergreen for easy perch and a possible walleye......... again, might only be 30 minutes..... ok 45 if you include your walk in.. LOL Best of luck to ya!

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am

MarkfromSea! I really appreciate the info! thanks a ton!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Jordan wrote:MarkfromSea! I really appreciate the info! thanks a ton!
here's some quick/easily accessed elevations of a few lakes. sort it out yourself but... Moses=unsafe ice reported.. Fish and Patterson=awesome ice... Roses, Evergreen=in between use caution!!!!! elevation isn't the only factor but you can use it to eliminate lakes to "test."

Article on Evergreen Reservoir Lake with photos, fishing reports, videos and ... This lake lies at an elevation of 1200 feet, covers 235 surface acres, and has a ...

Information about the Roses Lake in Chelan County, Washington. ... Elevation. : 1164 feet. Notes. Roses Lake, Dry Lake (near Roses Lake), and Wapato Lake ...

Website: Midway RV at Lake Wenatchee ~ Fish Lake. HotSpot for ... Elevation 1900 feet. ... General State Park information can be found here: http://www.parks.wa.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...

Rat Lake is a lake in Okanogan County in the state of Washington. ... for this reservoir are 48.1765, -119.8078 and the altitude is 1680 feet (512 meters). Anyone ...

Moses Lake, Washington detailed profile. ... Click here for promotion details and to upload your Moses Lake, Washington photos. General ... Elevation: 1060 feet ...