Caught Something at the Sportsmans Show

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
islandbass
Commander

Caught Something at the Sportsmans Show

Post by islandbass » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Just thought I’d share this with you. I stepped into fishing seminar already in progress at a sportsmans show and one of the fish in the tank caught my immediate attention. At first I thought I was seeing things so I walked up to the tank for a closer look.

I wasn’t seeing things. One of the bass in the tank had something sticking out of its mouth. It was the tail of a fish it chowed down. From the looks of the tail, I believe it was a rainbow trout.

Right after I took a few shots with my camera people took notice and broke out their camera phones!!! Sorry that the pictures weren’t better.

kzoo
Commodore

Re: Caught Something at the Sportsmans Show

Post by kzoo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 am

Looks to be a decent size trout for the bass, shows how aggressive bass can be. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:39 am

the story on this is a kid was carrying his trout that he caught from the kid's pond and it fell out of the bag. A woman picked up the fish and "panicked" and threw it into the bass tank, at which time Mr. Bass had himself a Show Special. I have no idea if that's true, but what a story. And pretty traumatic for the kid - or maybe he thought it was cool, who knows.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:30 am

Nice photos - thanks for sharing. I guess that's why so many of us love those ol lily pad lunkers.

basspro
Warrant Officer

Post by basspro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 am

Yes it is true. A friend of mine had his kid throw her catch in the tank and the bass immediately inhaled it.

Russ

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 am

Now you see why we fish 8" huddelston swimbaits..

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Hahaha! Island bass, I was right next to you while you were taking the photos, I was the one whipping out my camera phone! Yea, however the trout got in there, it was pretty ridiculous. Good times!

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 am

natetreat wrote:Hahaha! Island bass, I was right next to you while you were taking the photos, I was the one whipping out my camera phone! Yea, however the trout got in there, it was pretty ridiculous. Good times!
Man, shoot!!! If I had known I would have said hi. While there I was wondering if anyone in the crowd was a member here. :cheers: