Wintertime blues

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Wintertime blues

Post by natetreat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:09 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:http://washingtonlakes.com/WatchVideoHD.aspx?id=59
It's time to get back to fishin! I came across this vid in the wee hours of this morning while searching on you tube for worm farming vids. :scratch: Couldn't figure out where to post it here, it says it's a bass fishing vid, they do catch some awesome sized bass BUT they seem to catch even more jumbo trout and some bothersome squaw fish. Hope you enjoy the blast from the past and an option to clear those winter time blues! [thumbsup] [woot] [woot] [woot]
Ah man! That looks like a great time! Dez came out a little behind though. Anytime anyone wants to take me out for winter smallies, I'm down! My boat can't handle more than 20 or so yards from the launch out there. Haha! That was a good video, hadn't seen it before.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:54 am

Went Sunday to Lower Snoqualmie. Im glad they are closing the river. Picked up natives. They are comming through now we did land a 15 lb native and released it . It swam off . It was a nice way to finish the season off locally.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

racfish wrote:Went Sunday to Lower Snoqualmie. Im glad they are closing the river. Picked up natives. They are comming through now we did land a 15 lb native and released it . It swam off . It was a nice way to finish the season off locally.
That is a nice Native Steelhead! I am guessing that the fishing license was constantly on your mind? After the last outing?
Reach down and touch the wallet to confirm "yes it is on my person!". Am I sure that the license is in my wallet? Better pull it out and physically see it! Did I place the wallet back in my pants pocket or did it slide past, better check again.

Is the Snoqualmie much of a trout, juvenile Steelhead and Salmon fishery?

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Talkin about winter time blues....
I havent been fishing since September. [crying]
I get that itchy feeling while thinkin of the hookset of a big chrome king.
The last week almost every night ive been dreaming of fishing, then I wake up and its quite depressing. :thumbdown
I NEED to fish.! I might be getting out soon with another member of the site,
might be going fishing Saturday to the Cowlitz. I really need it !
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Good luck and happy fishing FB the 2nd. Enjoy yourself. A good fishing trip is what lifes all about.