What is your #1 technique that U use to catch bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Re: What is your #1 technique that U use to catch bass

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:28 am

f1sh1nf00l wrote:
Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
f1sh1nf00l wrote:If I could only have one combo in the boat all year long it would be: 7' MH jig & worm casting rod by Trinity Custom Rods, with a Daiwa Tierra 7.2:1 casting reel, spooled with 12# McCoys 100 fluorocarbon. If I could only have one bait tied to the line it would be a 3/8 0z shakey head jig with a Berkley Crazy legs Chigger Craw in breen color. Or......maybe...
6'10" ML St Croix Legend Tournament drop shot rod with a Shimano Saros spinning reel with 15# Spider Wire braid, and a 6# McCoys 100 fluorocarbon leeder, Gamakatsu drop shot hook, Quickdrop weight, and a Sniper Bolt.
Those two setups catch the bulk of my bags. And the first one has caught the bulk of my big fish.
But then again, I'm a rookie, so I could be doing it all wrong....
o.O the tierra only comes in 6.3:1 gear ratio. i love my tierra casting reel and my 3 tierra spinning reels :)
Actually they use to make it in a 7.2, and I have one. I was dissapointed to see that they discontinued that model. It's still working as good as the first day I bought it. I just picked up one of the 6.3 on ebay last night, new in the box, for $85!
[thumbup]
O___O i can't imagine how awesome a tierra in 7.2:1 would be. i've never even heard of it, my apologies :).,. i bought the megaforce thsl in 7.3:1 for flipping and pitching and it's awesome xD

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 am

hm.. after doing some research online, i can't find a single trace of it ever being made in 7.2:1. even according to daiwa's site the only reel they had in 7.2:1 was their z series casting reels.. interesting..

basspro
Warrant Officer

Post by basspro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 pm

This a tuff one for me as I have a lot of favorites but I would have to say a 3/8-1/2 oz jig tipped with a plastic trailer. Have caught so many big fish on this bait from Texas to Washington.

Russ

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 am

My favorite bass set up, HHMMMM ?? Well lets see. If they're being a bit finickey, this always works LOL!
Attachments
My Favorite Bass Lure.jpg
My Favorite Bass Lure.jpg (103.3 KiB) Viewed 2905 times

The HAWG HUNTER
Warrant Officer

Post by The HAWG HUNTER » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 am

Yea thats the best lure I've ever seen. I bet it works everywhere!

rl206
Commander

Post by rl206 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 am

AJ seems to know how to get em...
I love my jig, ill probably die w/ a jig rod in my hand, I fish them differently than other people but I have learned that they are the most versatile lure I am able to fish

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:hm.. after doing some research online, i can't find a single trace of it ever being made in 7.2:1. even according to daiwa's site the only reel they had in 7.2:1 was their z series casting reels.. interesting..
The first year they made the Tierra, you could get it in a 7.2, the next year they came out with the aggrest which became their fast reel at 7.3, and from then on they only made the Tierra in the 6.3. I've scoured ebay to find more of the 7.2 models to no avail. No on wants to give em up. Sometimes you can come across a good deal on an aggrest, and you can find decent deals on the new Tierras, which I am completely happy with. I still think for the price, you cant really beat a Tierra.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:00 pm

f1sh1nf00l wrote:
Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:hm.. after doing some research online, i can't find a single trace of it ever being made in 7.2:1. even according to daiwa's site the only reel they had in 7.2:1 was their z series casting reels.. interesting..
The first year they made the Tierra, you could get it in a 7.2, the next year they came out with the aggrest which became their fast reel at 7.3, and from then on they only made the Tierra in the 6.3. I've scoured ebay to find more of the 7.2 models to no avail. No on wants to give em up. Sometimes you can come across a good deal on an aggrest, and you can find decent deals on the new Tierras, which I am completely happy with. I still think for the price, you cant really beat a Tierra.
ahh i see. hmm, i found some links on daiwa sites that give info on reels that are discontinued but do not show on their main website. for example, i found their page for the fuego through google but not through their site. just surprised that they don't keep an historical data. the aggrest is about 200 bucks everywhere that i look. i'll still with my cheaper megaforce ths for 90 bucks. i have no complaints about the reel.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm

My megaforce broke after about 50 descent fish. I opened it up and half the gears are plastic. That reel sucks!

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 am

If you want to buy Diawa, the only reel worth my money is the zillion.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 am

tnj8222 wrote:My megaforce broke after about 50 descent fish. I opened it up and half the gears are plastic. That reel sucks!
did you buy the original or the new ths? my gears are not plastics. and it doesn't suck at all.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:30 am

deepbuzzer wrote:If you want to buy Diawa, the only reel worth my money is the zillion.
definitely not true. daiwa has a lot of good reels. the tierra costs 40 bucks less than the curado and is on par with the curado. is ultra smooth, casts super far, and the reel performs amazing. there's a reason why it has 4.5 - 5 start rating across the board, across the world.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am

Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:My megaforce broke after about 50 descent fish. I opened it up and half the gears are plastic. That reel sucks!
did you buy the original or the new ths? my gears are not plastics. and it doesn't suck at all.
It was good until it broke. I hope they did get rid of the plastic gears. It was the original, if the did go all metal on the gears I would buy another. Still have the broken reel if you want to see a pic of how crappy the original megaforce was built.

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 am

Actually Elijah, I don't buy Japanese or Chinese fishing products anymore. Last year I started purchasing all american made products where I can. We as Americans are obligated to keep our mfg companies going strong and do what we can to build America.

rl206
Commander

Post by rl206 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

[sleep] ...