How to build Jed Davis Spinners

Post your fishing related videos here.
ignorantfisherman
Angler

How to build Jed Davis Spinners

Post by ignorantfisherman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Very excited about trying out my new spinners. I finished reading Jed Davis' book, and decided to make my own!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: How to build Jed Davis Spinners

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:01 pm

That was cool!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Can you give any info. regarding the cost effective savings of building these? I realize it is just plain fun, and feels good to serve yourself, but wondering with the kit that you bought how much it cost, and how many finished products you will get?

Arnoldee
Angler

Post by Arnoldee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 am

ignorantfisherman wrote:Very excited about trying out my new spinners. I finished reading Jed Davis' book, and decided to make my own!
I don't know exactly that how to build the Jed Davis Spinners but I think there are the many ways from which we can do it. You can find it from the Google or wait for one or two days because I'm searching on this which I'll discuss from you within the given time.

ignorantfisherman
Angler

Post by ignorantfisherman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:29 pm

I was able to build about 45 spinners for about $200 with supplies left over....This first batch cost about $4.50 per spinner, but the next batch will cost less with the supplies left over.
I'm thinking I'll get it down to about $3.50 next batch.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:06 pm

in years past I have bought the hardwear to build spinners also. It's definately cheaper and not that hard, but with anything where you buy in bulk, you end up with more gear than you would ever need. Course, that's where trading/bartering/selling to other anglers would seem to make sense. I see guys selling their work on E-Bay and I think you could actually do this profitably if you priced things right. You wouldn't get rich, but it would be a way to unload the excess lures you make. I bought some jigs recently for half what I would have paid in the stores and the quality looks to be equal.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".