Wtb Drift Boat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
edge540
Commander

Re: Wtb Drift Boat

Post by edge540 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Ha Yea it just proves 2 things

1 there are Ar$$ holds everywhere

2 There are unwritten rules that you will learn when fishing in remote areas, sometimes 8% of the locals just don't want you to come back ....ever and if you break "there" rules about fishing "There" rivers you will know it!

As for Jets dont get me wrong they are simply bad azz and I am thinking about ordering a Wooldridge Alaskan. Its like a freakin indy car on the river. That said I will still be fishing several rivers in my drifter [laugh]

I dunno something about going down the river on the oars just does it for me, my last trip down the hump I was side drifting and casting from the rowing seat for about a mile stretch without touching the oars. Just let the current take me down the center while I casted...

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I've been thinking of getting or building a drifter but it just hasn't come together yet. If you want to rip on the river sometime shake me down.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 am

shoot bodo lets fish tomorrow!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 am

Work tomorrow, I'm off Thrus to Sunday.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

nat
Angler

Post by nat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Bodo-
Yeah, all the jets I have been in are bigger (one 21' and one 23'), and just heard them say things about shallow spots. And no, sure not party to any vandalism, don't even agree with it, just know it goes on. Would actually be nice to have both a drifter and a jet- may be one day!

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Yep I have a nice lake boat and a drift boat... Just need a nice small jet boat and a large Jet boat and a bass boat and party barge and and and and and [-X [-( #-o

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 pm

edge540 wrote:Yep I have a nice lake boat and a drift boat... Just need a nice small jet boat and a large Jet boat and a bass boat and party barge and and and and and [-X [-( #-o
Now you're getting there!

TheHunt
Petty Officer

Post by TheHunt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 am

First post...

THe OP is getting hammered by fishermen since the close of many rivers. Many of the rivers that are legal to run a jet up will happen. My contacts have said that the boat launches are just packed. So if some locals start causing issues with I am sure the out come will not favor the local.