*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Gringo Pescador

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:59 am

So, Fishinislife - can we get an updated "official talley? I think I just read something about a 3 way tie, but I might have missed something while scanning past the little "bump" in this string the last couple days (Thanks Mike for stepping in). By the way all - I saw Carp yesterday and talked to the guy who caught it, well "communicated" with him - turns out there are a bunch of old Russian(?) guys that fish for em at Greenlake. they speak little to no english - After I convinced them that I didn't need to see thier fishing licences, they were happy to show me thier rigs & bait. They said there are not many, but the ones that are there run from 5-20#. I actually got a hit yesterday, but lost him right off. So, I think I am on the right track - except this week the wife is back so I will have to negotiate my time on the water until Friday :-({|=
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:50 am

the1fishingpro wrote:
Ok, Fishnislife! I dropped the pic, but you still have it on your reply! The trout was like everyone said... a copy and paste. I was mainly trying to pump up the others into trying to go out and win the contest, not trying to win or cheat. Im not a very good fisherman, so I didnt Intend on going for the win. I thought I had wrote that the fish was a fake, but I guess I left that part out. All together, I still cant believe you guys were able to find the fake even if I wasnt meaning wrong. I catch mutated fish like that all the time at my main lake. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was a pretty good job lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding guys, didnt mean for this to go out of line.
If anyone has something to say, do like Fishnislife said and PM me. Great job Gringo, Gisteppo and one other, hope you guys can pull it together and get 1 of those carps. On the other hand, my friend did catch a Sturgeon the other day.

I feel so stupid Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Mike wrote:

Because I have warned the1fishingpro previously, he has been suspended from the Forum for one week. Silenced Next suspension will be longer, and the third will be account deleted. If anyone ever sees posts or actions that violate the user agreements on this site please PM or e-mail me and I will address it immediately. My hope is that the1fishingpro will realize there are a lot of cool guys (and gals) to become friends with on WL.com. P.S. - darn, I didn't get to see the picture. bounce

The picture was on the lake reports. Is it going to be deleted?
Toni
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:58 am

It should be its not credible. It doesn't help anyone looking for lake info because its an admitted fraud.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 am

Gringo - I admire your persistence and getting out there talking to the people who are catching the carp. I'd be curious to hear how they are catching them (after you catch your for the contest of course). I saw a few carp jumping on Sunday, but I left my spear/bow and arrow at home :farao: <--- strange smiley, for Egyptian fish I guess.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am

Dilbert - Thanks for the compliment! I love learning new stuff especially when the subject interests me. But when I get on something I like I can't let it go until I feel I have figured it out or accomplished my self appointed task (this one being to catch a Carp out of Greenlake). With that, I have no secrets. I won't fill this string with Carp info, but if you (or anybody) wants to know what I've learned so far feel free to PM me. One other note of advice... unless you want to make the news, I wouldn't be going to Greenlake with your bow & arrow :king:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Toni wrote:
the1fishingpro wrote:
Ok, Fishnislife! I dropped the pic, but you still have it on your reply! The trout was like everyone said... a copy and paste. I was mainly trying to pump up the others into trying to go out and win the contest, not trying to win or cheat. Im not a very good fisherman, so I didnt Intend on going for the win. I thought I had wrote that the fish was a fake, but I guess I left that part out. All together, I still cant believe you guys were able to find the fake even if I wasnt meaning wrong. I catch mutated fish like that all the time at my main lake. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was a pretty good job lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding guys, didnt mean for this to go out of line.
If anyone has something to say, do like Fishnislife said and PM me. Great job Gringo, Gisteppo and one other, hope you guys can pull it together and get 1 of those carps. On the other hand, my friend did catch a Sturgeon the other day.

I feel so stupid Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Mike wrote:

Because I have warned the1fishingpro previously, he has been suspended from the Forum for one week. Silenced Next suspension will be longer, and the third will be account deleted. If anyone ever sees posts or actions that violate the user agreements on this site please PM or e-mail me and I will address it immediately. My hope is that the1fishingpro will realize there are a lot of cool guys (and gals) to become friends with on WL.com. P.S. - darn, I didn't get to see the picture. bounce

The picture was on the lake reports. Is it going to be deleted?
Toni

I think this kid will have a great future as a CEO of a California utility company when he graduates from school.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:44 pm

the1fishingpro's recent o-tay reports were ALL deleted. I'm actually kind of irritated I'm wasting my time with this. I hope the1fishingpro sees his actions are causing a lot of people irritation and preventing me from working on meaningful stuff for the site.

When the week is up I ask that everyone welcome him back and be chartiable in their interactions with him. I don't want to lose anyone off this site because I believe everyone has something good to offer.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:47 pm

Thanks Mike. Good call, I hope he matures up.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:58 pm

Mike Carey wrote:the1fishingpro's recent o-tay reports were ALL deleted. I'm actually kind of irritated I'm wasting my time with this. I hope the1fishingpro sees his actions are causing a lot of people irritation and preventing me from working on meaningful stuff for the site.

When the week is up I ask that everyone welcome him back and be chartiable in their interactions with him. I don't want to lose anyone off this site because I believe everyone has something good to offer.
I'm not trying to stir the pot anymore, but what if he does return with his normal everyday antics? Like his Marley Savage name, and if he continues to irritate the community anymore. I completely understand that no one wants to kick anyone out of the site because that's not the goal of a collaborated fishing site, but like many have said, he just causes too much trouble and people have abandoned the bass fishing forum because of him and some have even sat out and been lurkers from the forums for several days until he was recently suspended....I mean we don't want to lose the regulars to a kid who finds the site monkey play...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm surprised at how we've picked him up so quick. You all saw through his photoshop pic and fake name at once. His latest episode seems to show that he does not care at all about the forum as he says, but finds it monkey play as Sam says. I hope we can all forget about him and go back to the contest.

COME ON SOMEONE! ITS COMING DOWN TO THE WIRE! CATCH SOME DANG FISH!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm

I got three today the trout, LMB, and bluegill, I cant figure out how to post the picture though. Need some help.

Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Here are the current standings:

Iskiles
Trout
Panfish

Gisteppo
Panfish
Bass
Wildcard - Squawfish

Derrick-k
Trout
Bass

dilbert
Bass

2000subaru
Bass

The Thumb
Bass
Panfish
Wildcard - Squawfish

Gringo Pescador
Trout
Panfish
Bass
Catfish

*felts_jf
Trout
Panfish
Bluegill

*pending pictures and fishing report

I still believe it's anyone's game. Even someone who hasn't caught a species yet can do this. Get out there and brave the elements and do this thing. It's yours to win.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:16 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:the1fishingpro's recent o-tay reports were ALL deleted. I'm actually kind of irritated I'm wasting my time with this. I hope the1fishingpro sees his actions are causing a lot of people irritation and preventing me from working on meaningful stuff for the site.

I'm not trying to stir the pot anymore, but what if he does return with his normal everyday antics? Like his Marley Savage name, and if he continues to irritate the community anymore. I completely understand that no one wants to kick anyone out of the site because that's not the goal of a collaborated fishing site, but like many have said, he just causes too much trouble and people have abandoned the bass fishing forum because of him and some have even sat out and been lurkers from the forums for several days until he was recently suspended....I mean we don't want to lose the regulars to a kid who finds the site monkey play...
Sam,

I'll deal with it if the behavior continues when he returns. Enough said, let's get back to the fun.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 pm

(horse race voice)

And they're comin down the stretch....Gringo Pescado by a length....closing fast is Gisteppo....on the rail and gaining speed is felts_jf....two lengths back is "The Thumb"???
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:15 pm

I just need to find out how to submit the picture, I have bass, bluegill, trout.
#-o
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:26 pm

felts_jf wrote:I just need to find out how to submit the picture, I have bass, bluegill, trout.
#-o
Jason,
Two ways you can attach pictures.

1) Photobucket.com (sign up and post away, this is a very common and easy way to post pics)

2) Attach a jpeg file just like you would email a picture to a friend.

Good luck, let me know if you have any problems.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Felts, email me the photos and I will post them on my photobucket acct...

Sad to see a competitor go, but he did it to himself.

I went out again for some trout. Hooked one, spit the hook. Received significant swearing. Hooked and boated two more fish. SQUAW CITY.

For the questioners:

I built the tugboat a year and a half ago. Started my boatbuilding habit (worse than my fishing habit if you can believe that!) which has progressed into larger boats. This isn't meant to be a thread drift, but it is a reckoning for the other competitors. They need to know what kind of equipment they are up against......

At my dock:

Launch day with a friend's kid:

And finally, at work (there is a tremendous story and pics/vids of this, helicopter included):

You have been warned....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Gisteppo, that tug is so cool! :compress:

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:07 am

Gisteppo wrote:Felts, email me the photos and I will post them on my photobucket acct...

Sad to see a competitor go, but he did it to himself.

I went out again for some trout. Hooked one, spit the hook. Received significant swearing. Hooked and boated two more fish. SQUAW CITY.

For the questioners:

I built the tugboat a year and a half ago. Started my boatbuilding habit (worse than my fishing habit if you can believe that!) which has progressed into larger boats. This isn't meant to be a thread drift, but it is a reckoning for the other competitors. They need to know what kind of equipment they are up against......

At my dock:

Launch day with a friend's kid:

And finally, at work (there is a tremendous story and pics/vids of this, helicopter included):

You have been warned....
Good sign of sportsmanship Gisteppo...class act man!!

Did you say "at my dock"???? #-o I'm jealous!!!

VERY COOL Boat pics, thanks for sharing them.

Good luck on getting #5
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:46 am

That is awsome!=d>