Where and what fishing can be done right now?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Trout-NinJa
Petty Officer

Where and what fishing can be done right now?

Post by Trout-NinJa » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi, I was wondering what kind of fishing I can be doing this time of year, also any places ( not exact ) just a general idea so I can take my dad out fishing before christmas! I live in Everett and I'm not looking to drive super long distances. Stiliiguamish? Snohomish? any places and fishing types would be greatly appreciated! I only have a fresh water license as well. Thank you!

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Where and what fishing can be done right now?

Post by BentRod » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Steelhead on the Snohomish, Skykomish, or Snoqualmie would be my recommendation. There are also a few lakes open year round for RBT. Tight lines. :cheers:

Trout-NinJa
Petty Officer

Post by Trout-NinJa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

thank you sir! I went out to Sunday lake, it's north past Tulalip and had no luck ;(

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 am

I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 am

It's steelhead time right now. Also Beaver lake got lots of triploid plants as well as a few others. Head out to Re iter or tokul on the snoqualmie.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 pm

If you can stand the crowds; fish Reiter on the Skykomish. the last high water brought a lot of winter runs up. Fish are typical sized hatchery brats but have been there in good numbers. What fish are still there have been pounded daylight to dark by the hatchery hole hordes but fish are being caught there every day. The next decent rain (end of next week?) should bring in fresh fish. Further down river there are still a few "bright" silvers around as well as a decent number of C&R only chums to play with. The Wallace is stuffed with dark salmon with a few "bright" silvers, chum, and a few steelhead to play with. Be forewarned that there are 2 guys for every decent condition fish chasing them around.

Trout-NinJa
Petty Officer

Post by Trout-NinJa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 am

Well thank you for the info. I went pink salmon fishing this year, what is a decent lure/bait for steelheads?