skokomish river?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
driftercn83
Petty Officer

skokomish river?

Post by driftercn83 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 pm

I need some main fishng spots on the skokomish river that I can find on google maps. I am only going to be out in seattle till sunday and want to catch some chums and have never fished the skokomish river normally I am up on sky the cowlitz or the hump but am veryu interested in trying my luck on the skokomish river I either need gps or a land mark I can use. is there a hatchery that you can park at and fish down from? I would rather some good holes that are away from others I like fishing alone. and if your gonna be a **** just move on I have been fishing 23 years now and know my **** I am just needing help finding acess to the river. does any one know if minter is active yet? I havent heard much and it would be a great place to make my arm sore since I moved to pittsburgh a year ago.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: skokomish river?

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 pm

PArk where all the cars are. There are no secret holes on the skok. Drive down purdy cutoff road until you see cars parked or you see the river. The upper portion of the river usually has more space, the fish are darker and you do quite a bit of wading. You can wade pretty much the whole river so just explore. Bring your glasses and when you spot fish, fish.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

I was at Minter last week and it was dead. The online reports lately still havnt reported massive schools. Other have told me it should be good next week around Thanksgiving.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Check your pm's

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 am

go to the farm, there is a gravel bar jsut up from the clay bank/log jam hole. that is the most productive hole for me on the skok for chum. the chum seem to hold more in the middle river than along the bank but you can catch along the bank as well. Fish 3/4 of the way up on the bar, there is a nice little seam a little over hlaf way out that they hold in. You will also see them 5 feet off the gravel bar as well. No need to stand in the water. That hole seems to fish better at low tide, the upper river always seems to fish better at high tide.

Good luck.

luisdabeast206
Petty Officer

Post by luisdabeast206 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 am

does anyone have the gps cordinates?? my cousin is looking for them...thanks in advance...