King County's Beaver Lake to get large rainbows

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

King County's Beaver Lake to get large rainbows

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

November 3, 2011

King County's Beaver Lake to receive
2,300 large hatchery rainbow trout

OLYMPIA - Anglers will soon have an opportunity to catch lunker trout in Beaver Lake near Issaquah, thanks to the release of about 2,300 hatchery rainbows averaging about 2 to 3 pounds each.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is scheduled to release the fish Nov. 8. To facilitate fish planting, WDFW will close the Beaver Lake access site at sunset on Nov. 7 and reopen the site at sunrise on Nov. 9. Beaver Lake, however, will remain open to fishing while the access site is closed.

The trout were part of an educational display at WDFW's Issaquah Hatchery.

Beaver Lake is best fished by small boat, although anglers also can be successful fishing from shore, said Aaron Bosworth, fishery biologist for WDFW.

The lake's access site is most easily reached by way of East Beaver Lake Drive Southeast, off Southeast 24th Street in the city of Sammamish. Parking for vehicles and boat trailers is limited, and a valid WDFW Vehicle Access Pass or Discover Pass must be visible in vehicles parked at the access site. For more information about the Vehicle Access Pass and the Discover Pass, visit WDFW's website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/discoverpass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Beaver Lake is one of several westside lowland lakes open to fishing year-round. Internal combustion boat engines are prohibited on the lake. All anglers 15 years of age and older are required to have a valid fishing license.

The daily limit is five fish, only two of which can exceed 15 inches in length. When fishing with bait, all trout count as part of the daily limit whether kept or released. Anglers are advised to check the sport fishing rules pamphlet, which is available on WDFW's website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

This message has been sent to the WDFW News Releases & Weekender mailing list.
Visit the WDFW News Release Archive at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtom938
Angler

Re: King County's Beaver Lake to get large rainbows

Post by mtom938 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Outstanding! Thanks for the heads up!

=D>

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:25 am

That is awesome. I just need to find out how to get there asap. =D> Thanks, Marc!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks Marc, I really appreciate your posting up these WDFW announcements for the members. The Beaver lake winter plant is an annual event that creates a angler "feeding freezy" so be prepared for a lot of people at Beaver lake!

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 pm

I always wanted to try this fishery out, but I work 9 out of the next 10 days starting Wednesday. The park access isnt that great and I know its gonna be a nut house. Maybe I will have to wait till next year again. Good thing they changed it to two over 15 inches.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Was worse than a busy pink day on the puke last time I fished a plant at beaver.