Is the pink run almost over?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Is the pink run almost over?

Post by kingfisher101 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Ive been hearing that the pink run is almost over for some certain rivers like the puyallup the green is still getting em and same with the snohomish river system.Im probably going to try snoho or green this wednesday if you guys could share some spots with me ive never really found any good spots on those rivers ive been to the puke and found perfect spots but now its time for some kings and coho's and some pinks puyalllup hasnt been producing me and kings or cohos lol.My setup will probably be corky and yarn or a dick night spoon thanks. you can just pm it to me or just post it on this thread
Good luck-KingFisher

knotabassturd
Captain

RE:Is the pink run almost over?

Post by knotabassturd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Lots of spots on the Green and Duwamish- from Tukwilla downstream is better for brighter fish typically. I'm headed out here shortly so will see if there are any brighter fish. I have the camera this time so will take a couple pics before skinning the slimy buggers. Assuming there are fish to be had.:)
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey KF101 im shooting you a PM!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:26 pm

were the sultan dumps into the sky has many places to fish and we cuaght alot of fish today on jigs some fish are still bright!!!
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 pm

ur name is kingfisher bro. Go fish for some hawgg KINGs
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 am

@FishenFreak LOL yea i guess your right i havnt really found any good area that hold alot of kings samish is kinda way to far but one day ill try it does whatcom creek put out some nice kings?@EAmon ok i might try that area thanks is there area your talking about under a bridge i remember one day i went to somewhere under a bridge and it was a mouth of some river it was dum,ping into a wider river ima probably google map it and figure out good spots.Thanks all
Good luck-KingFisher

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:06 am

kingfisher- Duwamish still has some semi-bright fish. One pink buck I kept today I mistook for a hen until cleaning. But the nets are back in the lower stretch and the fish moved some with the rain. It was slow at the normally productive spot from previous reports so had to move (upriver) to find them.
Last edited by knotabassturd on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks Knot im going to go try the green this thursday and see how it goes since i get off school at 12 am i got like 7 hours to fish the days are gettin so short it get's dark at 7:30 pm it used to get dark at like 8 pm like a week or 2 ago so ima try to fih mostly every week
Good luck-KingFisher

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:44 am

I was on the lower green today. There was a big push of chrome fish for miles, I watched 'em school right at my feet all day. The better thing is I saw a good number of coho go up too. I was exploring new territory and didn't have much time so I only caught one. The nets must not have been in, or they got filled up and overflowed.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:31 am

there is still pinks in the salt off ok mucklteo
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm

kingfisher, here are a couple pics from yesterday (notice the net marks on the pinks):
Attachments
009.JPG
009.JPG (329.14 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (127.99 KiB) Viewed 2549 times

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 pm

It probably is almost over but I saw people still leaving with limits at the Puyallup today. Theres more coho pushing in the Puke though. The pink run is nice every two years with consistent 3-5 pounders. Till 2013!!
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm

OK thanks all.Knot what did you use to catch those nice bright fish?
Good luck-KingFisher

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Just the pink jig you can see in the coho's mouth (1/4 ounce). A lot of times the fish will grab it on the drop and so when you pull up on the jig it gets stung in the upper part of mouth ('snout') much like the little coho. I used a little scent as well. The water was more colored up yesterday than in previous attempts probably from the rain. Good luck out there.

ResQ
Commander

Post by ResQ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 pm

wow. couple days in a row of nothing from the puke! I fought one today, but that was it between 3 of us. Well, I did actually land a zombie lol nastiest little bugger I have seen yet! When is the next run?

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 pm

They're still running on the Green. Bonked 6 chrome hens with sea lice today as a school of fish was frolicking in front of me.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:05 am

My girl fish for several hours and never had a pink on tonight at the Puke. She did see people keeping snagged ones though. Not sure if its the nets or its really over.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women