RIVER Fish Pictures !

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:RIVER Fish Pictures !

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 am

Heres a few more cool pictures.

Gotta love Chrome, last 2 days, bout to be fillet and smoked!! biggest is 34 on bottom

How about a samish sockeye?? Snagged it reeling in! LOL
Attachments
IMG_5984.jpg
IMG_5984.jpg (118.27 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3562.jpg (158.81 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 am

Ive only caughten a few silvers, i went scoutin some new rivers today, found some coho. :-"
Now I gotta wait for the October 1st Opener.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:35 am

Man, I took a call up to bellingham friday and drove over a few rivers I would love to fish... Those samish hawgs look fun, wtg FF.. I need to get out after some pigs soon I been settling for the pinks and silvers in my back yard lol

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:42 am

fishenfreak wrote:Haha i like how we have been posting chrome HAWGS for weeks now and the FIRST dark one we keep is the one that Matt makes a smart ass remark on.
Anyways...

Limited today easy. Heres pics. Big buck my buddy caught WELL over 35 pounds

Matt knows what he's talking about, trust me. PS- you might want to edit the one photo with the line and weight showing.:-" #-o Just sayin'.:) Good luck:)
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

fishenfreak wrote:Haha fishbait, not sure what makes u think that. he just makes himself look good by pointing out fault in others who catch fish, like citing the rule book and waiting for someone to say something bad or wrong so he can make himself sound smarter. Youve prob caught more salmon than him this year.

Talk is cheap.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

When I see the pics of all the fish I have to wonder if we are any better then the Gillnetters. Everyone talke about freezers of fish or I give them away to folks. Why even bother catching them. Alot of the chinooks Ive seen in pics are boots. Half of wat pics Ive seen I wouldnt even kept. Fishing to me isnt how many I can catch and keep but my fishing is keeping the cream of the crop not anything that hits my line. Im glad for all y'all friends that eat salmon cuz you guys over catch in my opinion. To me if I want frozen salmon Id go to Safeway.JMO. I fished the Vedder river alot in the 70's when I spent my 4 years in B'ham. Still I only kept the silver dollar brites and let the rest spawn. When I see these pics they are nice fish but I feel we arent any better then the gillnetters. JMO
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 pm

To some people fishing is about the bodycount and bragging rights, not about the enjoyment. Fishing is a gift.

To each their own.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:36 pm

I have likely kept less salmon in my entire life than one gill net boat in a season racfish, theres literally NO comparison. And r u saying that killing a chromer is better than killing a darker fish? how is that possible? I bet a dark ass king caught on your own STILL taste better than that gross crap they sell in the stores. Its not fresh i dont care what they say. I havent kept a single non-chromer this year look at the pics. Oh and knotabassturd. R u talking about the pic with the rod hanging out and the snagger set up on it? Yea see the hole i fish every once and a while has some bare hook ass snaggers in it every once and a while. I asked one to take a pic of mu chromer. Thats not my setup. LOl I use to do yarn and weight like fishbait in the skok, but i switched to eggs a few weeks ago... WOW its fun and works really good.
Last edited by RiverChromeGS on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Its actually suprising how many kings will still bite when theyre all sturred up and snaggers are in the area. I guess if the hole has 500 fish tho its cant be too hard to get one to eat.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Ummm, I'm with Matt- to each their own. Fishing should be fun first and formeost and of course within the rules. Beyond that, to each their own.

I have kept quite a few pinks this year, now working my 2nd card:-" #-o but I guarantee you we're (family) not only eating all of them, my family even eats the heads and bodies in fish soup:-$ :eye:

Like racfish mentioned previously (I think that was U rac?) fishheads actually make good fish stock and good soup for those of us that go that route with coooking.

Good luck all and let's enjoy the salmon fishery we still have and are allowed to fish but also work on protecting what we have by doing what we can to keep it good (like picking up after others, helping out a newb, volunteering to plant a streamside or clear out himalayan blackberries, learning proper release technique for C&R fish, etc) :cheers:
Last edited by knotabassturd on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A spelling error? D'oh! Get it before Matt sees :-)
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey this thread is for pics so lets see them and keep the other crap for one of my threads about flossing or something I start to get the comments flying. This weekend I only caught 5 jacks all darkies and 2 pinks all realesed no pics no eggs just corkies and yarn lol. Good luck out there everyone and if your not out fishing maybe ya should get out and enjoy it.
More fish please!

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 pm

The samish should of their own sockeye run because it runs into lake samish after the river run!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 am

LOL sockeye run in the samish, i wish there were more sockeye in rivers in general.

Chromed up today. Heres pics. College in 2 days. Then theres gonna be less chromers... Dang
Attachments
IMG_7753.jpg
IMG_7753.jpg (130.39 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
IMG_2481.jpg
IMG_2481.jpg (124.64 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg (120.59 KiB) Viewed 2056 times

Steelheadman12
Petty Officer

Post by Steelheadman12 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 am

Haven't fished for a few days, getting the itch...... Need to get out in the morning.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 am

Im fishing HELLA right now because i start at WWU in a few days. Goddddddd i wish i had another month!

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:46 am

LOL yea you have been slaying so many Chinook's soon enough coho's sould start coming in bunches
Good luck-KingFisher

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 am

SAPIplate wrote:
knotabassturd wrote:Dang jens! You should be a flyfisher LOL. Was that 6 for 10 all 'nooks?? Geesh. That's some fish fighting practice!

SAPI- that is a beautfiul brown :cheers: Was that on fly or gear? Nice either way.

I caught it on fly (I don't do that gear thing :D on Belt Creek in Central Montana. I'll try and dig up some pics of Washington trout from this year....
I don't recall ever flyfishing Belt Creek back in the day but that is a pretty fish. Hard to compare Washington trout flyfishing to Montana!:-" I say bring on more Montana flyfishing pics!:cheers:

Nice job on the fly. Can recall casting small deerhair MICE (or sometimes big muddlers) patterns on the Bitterroot in the evening where river would transition from a riffle to a deepr pool. Boy did they hammer those things.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 am

I caught a giant humpy today. Must have been about 10 or 11 pounds! Sorry for the bad pic, but my new phone sucks. Managed to let him go without getting all slimy :) I can't get enough of these giant fish that are as tall as they are long!
Attachments
P09-19-11_15.18.jpg
P09-19-11_15.18.jpg (65.56 KiB) Viewed 2091 times

clarkhess122
Petty Officer

Post by clarkhess122 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Snohomish river? I think I might know where that is.
Clark Hess:
Born to fish, forced to work.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 am

First coho chromer from the snohomish this year. There were fish left and right slamming our gear tonight, I lost three to acrobatics, these pinks make you lazy! Heheh.
Attachments
P09-20-11_20.21.jpg
P09-20-11_20.21.jpg (53.26 KiB) Viewed 2064 times