Bass fishing tackle shops

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
odiorne
Angler

Bass fishing tackle shops

Post by odiorne » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm

I live in North Seattle and I am looking for a tackle shop with a good selection of soft plastics, jigs, etc... for bass.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Bass fishing tackle shops

Post by A9 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

Outdoor Emporium near Safeco/Qwest, or Three Rivers Marine/Tackle in Woodinville....Those are the two that come to my mind that wouldn't be more than a 20-30 minute drive...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:18 am

If you are in N. Seattle,, as I am... I would head over to 3 Rivers Marine, just off Hwy 9, woodinville. They have a very nice selection. Ditto to what A9 said about Outdoor E. downtown, but do check out 3 Rivers.
Since it's close you can check out Angler's Choice which is just N. of you, in the Shoreline area, Google it. It is a small Ma/Pa shop. It is hit and miss. Nice to support a small business so I try and do that when I can. Decent selection of plastics, crainkbaits, terminal gear. Can't say much for their selection of Rods or Reels. Jigs as you mentioned.... they were pretty sparse on them too. But plastics and cranks for sure. Forget about Ted's Sportcenter in Everett. Great for saltwater salmon though.

It's a bit of a drive... but if you ever go through Fed. Way. stop into The Sportsmans Warehouse, I think it's called off of 348th, across from Home Depot. WAY NICE SELECTION OF EVERYTHING.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

gort
Petty Officer

Post by gort » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 am

The Quadfather wrote: It's a bit of a drive... but if you ever go through Fed. Way. stop into The Sportsmans Warehouse, I think it's called off of 348th, across from Home Depot. WAY NICE SELECTION OF EVERYTHING.
It's now called Wholesale Sports. I was down there a couple of weeks ago visiting family down in Federal Way and stopped by. The selection there is amazing. It would be worth the trip.

And Quadfather, I will have to check out Angler's Choice. Thanks for the tip.
Last edited by gort on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 am

Yeah, the name changed to Wholesale Sports. However, Sportsmans Warehouse in Puyallup is now open and there is also Dick's Sporting Goods has a fair selection. There is also Sportco in Fife.

Not so much that you ought to travel this far south, but it doesn't hurt to know about these stores in the event you might be in the area.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 am

And if you're willing to frive, Cabela's has the vest stuff for bass. They excel at bass gear. Not so much on the salmon/steelhead stuff, but every time I'm through Olympia I stop at Cabela's.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:19 pm

3 Rivers

clarkhess122
Petty Officer

Post by clarkhess122 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I live 5 min from three rivers so thats where I always go. They have a great selection of gear.
Clark Hess:
Born to fish, forced to work.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm

If your up in N. Seattle, go see Walt at Anglers Choice

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Three Rivers - Great selection, knowledgeable staff and they are awesome supporters of the local BASS community. And they now have an online store! I regularly make the drive from Mount Vernon so i can get what I want, and not just get what they have.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 am

natetreat wrote:And if you're willing to frive, Cabela's has the vest stuff for bass. They excel at bass gear. Not so much on the salmon/steelhead stuff, but every time I'm through Olympia I stop at Cabela's.
I disagree with the Cabelas bass gear. They may have a decent terminal tackle selection. But lures/baits is lacking IMO.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 am

Best bass tackle store that customs to the local lakes is Three Rivers. I always go to Outdoor Emporium due to convenience, but they always lack some tackle I need. If you have time, check out Three Rivers.

Second that with Cabelas, they don't cater to bass fishing as much.
Last edited by kzoo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabregab67
Angler

Re: Bass fishing tackle shops

Post by sabregab67 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:12 am

Aurburn sports and marine has a nice selection of Bass lures and tackle worth the trip. And I agree, Cabelas does not have a good selection of bass items.

arniejl
Warrant Officer

Re: Bass fishing tackle shops

Post by arniejl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:15 pm

I agree Cabela's is not the best. Wholesale Sport's in Federal Way is pretty dang good, if that is not too far to drive. I, personally, like to buy online unless I need something right away. Try here if interested: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Re: RE:Bass fishing tackle shops

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:50 pm

FishingFool wrote:
natetreat wrote:And if you're willing to frive, Cabela's has the vest stuff for bass. They excel at bass gear. Not so much on the salmon/steelhead stuff, but every time I'm through Olympia I stop at Cabela's.
I disagree with the Cabelas bass gear. They may have a decent terminal tackle selection. But lures/baits is lacking IMO.
+1 On Cabela's so called bassfishing dept, it sucked [omg] ... GI Joes had a better selection than Cabelas IMO :-#