pinks in the snoho

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:pinks in the snoho

Post by Bodofish » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 pm

What stretch were you drifting?
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:29 pm

yes! i am using my lami X96JC its been the only rod i have used for pinks all season. bodo i was up at 522. all the fish i was hooking had sealice marks still and were hard fighters.
Last edited by curado on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

report posted, excellent fishing today a mile below the town of Snohomish. Fish jumping everywhere and willing biters.
Attachments
P9130023net.jpg
P9130023net.jpg (118.77 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
P9130008net.jpg
P9130008net.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
P9130007net.jpg
P9130007net.jpg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
P9130003net.jpg
P9130003net.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
P9130002net.jpg
P9130002net.jpg (74.12 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Very nice, Mike. I recognize that area, I'll have to go crowd you out next time! haha.

No luck on the Ho's?
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 am

Team M&M whacking bright fish :cheers: Yep that Gringo guy does a nice job catching fish. Looks like Mike too! Thanx for the pics. :cyclops:
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 am

Matt wrote:Very nice, Mike. I recognize that area, I'll have to go crowd you out next time! haha.

No luck on the Ho's?
Nope - we pulled plugs from those pilings up to hwy9 on our way back to the launch and nothing. Fun day though especially seeing Mike get all excited and bonk a camel!:-$
Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Matt wrote:Very nice, Mike. I recognize that area, I'll have to go crowd you out next time! haha.

No luck on the Ho's?
Nope - we pulled plugs from those pilings up to hwy9 on our way back to the launch and nothing. Fun day though especially seeing Mike get all excited and bonk a camel!:-$
Good for the smoker! (I hope...).

Man, it was really nice to be able to free drift. It made a huge difference.

Coho - next up. You know, the fishing was so good I didn't have to go to Plan B, which was to run up past Thomas Eddy. I hate that stretch of water, so many snags and shallow channels.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:

No luck on the Ho's?

Coho - next up. You know, the fishing was so good I didn't have to go to Plan B, which was to run up past Thomas Eddy. I hate that stretch of water, so many snags and shallow channels.

Hahahaha! Bonking a camel! There was a fresh push of chrome fish today through my hole! Humpies smoke up soooooo good! Even the bucks, but I can still be choosy, I lost count at 30 today.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:

No luck on the Ho's?

Where's the video?

Gringo and I have donated our share of gear at Thomas Eddy!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:13 am

kzoo wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote: Nope - we pulled plugs from those pilings up to hwy9 on our way back to the launch and nothing. Fun day though especially seeing Mike get all excited and bonk a camel!:-$

Where's the video?

Gringo and I have donated our share of gear at Thomas Eddy!
Video is in the works,used both Mikes and my camera - even got some underwater footage with my GoPro (but I need to work on my aim a bit#-o ). Mike is piecing it together. Stay tuned...
Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 am

Aw man, I love running that stumpy bastard, Mike. So much fun! haha. I find adding a bullet weight about 3 feet or so above the plug helps in that lower section, the channel is a lot deeper and you need to get that plug down in the zone, I think the stock warts and wigglers only dive like 8-12 feet, a lot of that lower river is 20-30 feet deep. Just food for thought!

It is very hard to not target the humpys when they are just boiling like that!! It is good when you are with a partner who is motivated to try something different, too. As was the case for me with my bud on Sunday (bawk bawk, from the forum). I will be hitting it again Saturday evening, and DEFINATELY Sunday first light, 522, slalom plug pullin' machine, wave if you see me. :bball:

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 am

Matt-

Have you tried pulling plugs through the sloughs at all. Ive heard that it can be good at times just curious if anyone else has had any luck through there.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:46 am

Matt wrote:Aw man, I love running that stumpy bastard, Mike. So much fun! haha. I find adding a bullet weight about 3 feet or so above the plug helps in that lower section, the channel is a lot deeper and you need to get that plug down in the zone, I think the stock warts and wigglers only dive like 8-12 feet, a lot of that lower river is 20-30 feet deep. Just food for thought!

It is very hard to not target the humpys when they are just boiling like that!! It is good when you are with a partner who is motivated to try something different, too. As was the case for me with my bud on Sunday (bawk bawk, from the forum). I will be hitting it again Saturday evening, and DEFINATELY Sunday first light, 522, slalom plug pullin' machine, wave if you see me. :bball:
you have a real river boat. My tin can gets dents too easy. Anyway, I am hoping to do some steelheading this winter after being awol from the scene for a few years. The last couple pink trips revitalized my will to hit the river again. Pulling plugs is a fun, relaxing way to fish and the take downs are always a thrill.

Good luck this weekend.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 am

hey matt you got any seats open soon?
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:57 am

I haven't spent any time in the sloughs other than for sturgeon, I imagine if you could get the timing right and hit it while the fish are in the estuary it could be quite good, pretty much the perfect depth for plugging and not a lot of snags mid-channel.

Curado, probably have 1 Sunday.

PS Forecast is for rain tomorrow, coho should be all up in there this weekend!
Last edited by Matt on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I love reading these updates, keep em coming folks!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Is it worth venturing up at lewis st bridge? might give it a this weeekend:)
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:59 pm

There are good number of fish in the sky, FOR SURE.

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Thank's for info.
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Also more fish en route via the salt. West side of whidbey island has still seen sizable schools moving thru the past few days/week, although they've been lockjawed out in the salt.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....