RIVER Fish Pictures !

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:RIVER Fish Pictures !

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:22 am

Whatcom Creek King second of the year i got a 25lber 2 nights ago and my buddy got this 17lber tonight.
Attachments
IMG_2704.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 pm

I got 2 yesterday, both got color to 'em, but they got good meat anyways !

A 19 pounder, and a 12 pounder.
Attachments
19lb.jpg
19lb.jpg (443.57 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
biggun.jpg
biggun.jpg (479.28 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Steelheadman12
Petty Officer

Post by Steelheadman12 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:09 am

fishenfreak wrote:Thats weird Fishbait that the Skok is almost done for chinook because the samish up here is just starting.
Fish run timings vary greatly from river to river. The Skok has a strong push of summer chinook for about 1 1/2 months while other rivers I fish have a steady stream of fish well into October early november and don't see their first fish until mid september. Fall, Summer and spring chinook.... gotta love fishing for royalty for nearly 8 months.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 am

Steelheadman12 wrote:
fishenfreak wrote:Thats weird Fishbait that the Skok is almost done for chinook because the samish up here is just starting.
Fish run timings vary greatly from river to river. The Skok has a strong push of summer chinook for about 1 1/2 months while other rivers I fish have a steady stream of fish well into October early november and don't see their first fish until mid september. Fall, Summer and spring chinook.... gotta love fishing for royalty for nearly 8 months.

Couldnt have said it any better. There still catching chinook out in the Hood Canal, and theres still quite a few chromers pushing in. I landed a fresh king the other day , still had sea lice.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 pm

MAKING ME JEALOUS!! Come on rain over the samish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:02 am

No offense to anybody, but you do know that using a 7 foot leader and green yarn in a river like the skok is 100% flossing/snagging right... cause no way those fish that you are standing 5 feet away from are just gonna eat some yarn that looks like a leaf. Some people at the samish were trying to convince me that down at the mouth of the samish where the jig flossers sit with their jigs in the mud waiting for a fish to swim with its mouth open and floss itself were actually going to the bottom and sucking up the jigs... like seriously no way in hell.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 am

Hey, I catch fish, there in the mouth. Jus 'cause I can catch fish in the skok , and other people cant , (no offence) , doesnt mean its flossing. I have seen the fish come up and hit the yarn, believe me or dont, i dont give a s*** if you do, ill continue to do it this way - and ill continue to catch fish. Enough said.
Last edited by Big D on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 am

Got this silver today .
Attachments
silver.jpg
silver.jpg (273.77 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:07 am

I know what FB is talking about Ive been there and watched it for myself. Hes on a claybank and below there is a rock shelf. Down river just a lil is a falling christmas tree full of corkies on the rootball. The fish come in behind that tree and under the shelf. You drift it out in front of the shelf and they come out from under and take it. You call a fish coming out from under cover to take an offering flossing? You can see them doing this over and over. They get pissed off and hit it. I dont think they are hungry at all. They dont eat in the rivers due to hunger. They hit cause its out of agression. You dont need a 7 foot leader to floss. Give me a 2ft leader tell me where fish is holding on your river and Ill floss em. Come to a river I know Ill take the same leader and floss em. Give me an 11 foot leader and I can floss em. At the same time give me the same leaders 2ft to 11ft and I can drift that not floss em and wait for an agression bite. Long leader dont mean flossing. Hell I can take a jig tied directly to my mainline and floss a fish. Im really not sure why people think long leaders mean flossing. When you learn river flows bait depths and water clarity does matter sometimes when your fishing more consistent hookups will come. This comment was not ment to say that FF doesnt hookup with fish just so ya know. Its a general remark.
More fish please!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:16 am

Do they really actually bite straight yarn? like dude i dont care AT ALL i fish like that in the samish ALL day long. I fish EXACTLY like you fishbait like exactly but im just making a general remark... but i am positive i floss more than the fish bite, like on accident, i just drift and wait for the line start to move upstream, then set the hook. but maybe some are taking my yarn? seems kinda weird, yarn with no scent is like a leaf. however i do have kings take eggs down to where i cant even see my hook in the samish, last year me and 2 friends had a total of 67 kings in one day and we only had like 6-8 snagged, so maybe some are biting. But you gotta admit we are all flossing some incidentally.
Last edited by RiverChromeGS on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:16 am

Couldnt view it try reposting it..
Good luck-KingFisher

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 am

Oh and trust me FB, no "offence" taken, the skok is enough like the samish that if i was there, id be getting my fish no prob. caught 11 in the samish today...

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 am

Yeah they do. If ya wanna meet up and go to the skok we can and I can show ya what Im talking about. I dont think its just cause of the green yarn. The hook might reflect light as well with a shine? Not sure but they hit it mean. I watched one hit it and go straight airborn last year, it was beautiful. I dont like the fact that they are fishing on that claybank because no matter how the fish is caught they drag it up a hillside then toss em off if they are foul hooked. Even on a river with strong native run. Kinda pisses me off. I cant wait till they close that cliff off to fishing.
More fish please!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:26 am

Yea well then i bet some of my fish in the samish are biting when i switch from eggs to straight yarn, cause i get quite a few in the mouth, like on the inside. The damn river is so muddy, samish always is, so i cant actually "see" whats going on, but i assumed when i casted into 50 fish in a small hole and reeled in until my line stopped it was mostly flossing, but maybe not. Eggs were on fire today tho

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:32 am

FishenFreak the fish probably do take your yarn most of the time you think you floosed them but if your hook ends up washed in there mouth durring your drift its still legel to keep the fish you never knot if the fish ended up biting it or washed up in there mouth as long as fishbait hooked it in the mouth he's all good or whatever the river rules are Lol.Your all doing just fine keep doing the way your doing just dont take it as your a horrible fishermen or one of those rule breakers..Good luck.P.s FF post some more reports one the samish those kings you get are Huuuuuuuuuggeee!!LOL Nice job and you too fishbait youve been slaying the kings and some silvers these past few days im still on the hunt for both ;|
Good luck-KingFisher

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:33 am

One of the things ya gotta remember is that fish see something like 20 times as far as we can. So if your corkies or yarn is visible 6 inches under water or even 4 inches that fish can see it over 6 and a half feet away. They are made to swim in adverse conditions its evolution. We are not.
More fish please!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 am

Haha yea i wasnt trying to say that he shouldnt be fishing that way, EVERYBODY fishes the small creeks that way. I do it, we all do it, im not one to care how others fish, whatever catches them fish.

I didnt get any pics today Kingfisher, i didnt keep anything, most were jacks and some darker big fish. but trust me, once it rains and my SeCrEt holes get loaded, your gonna be seeing A LOT of pictures of hawggg chromers... i hope. haha and when the native coho come in, OMG the samish is LOADEd with 10-18lb coho, all must be released, but getting an 18lb chrome coho to hit a vibrax 5 feet from your rod tip... all day long... ITS INSANE! samish is a later river tho, we still got some waiting to do.

I can post a pic of a HAWG nasty buck my buddy released today. one sec.
Last edited by RiverChromeGS on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 am

Now that i think about it i have had some big kings actually follow my yarn in as im reeling Pooh, and today when i casted yarn in the big hole, my weight didnt even hit bottom and a jack slammed the yarn, so i know for a fact that one bit it, but im thinking its probably like 50/50 on most days. but like FB said, he catches fish, and their in the mouth. why question which ones bite or not...

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 am

He looks yummy...:-"
Attachments
IMG_7073.jpg
IMG_7073.jpg (109.93 KiB) Viewed 2173 times

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 am

Yea ok ill be prepared to see your photo's Lol Good job
Good luck-KingFisher