pinks in the snoho

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
curado
Admiral

RE:pinks in the snoho

Post by curado » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:50 pm

and the fish are on the move heavy. we need 1 more rain
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Colin31778
Angler

Post by Colin31778 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Best day yet out there for a while it was fish on every cast.

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Today??Yea there was alot of fish pushed into the snoho what wereyou using collin?
Good luck-KingFisher

code3daddy
Petty Officer

Post by code3daddy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey Matt, the area below Thomas Eddy where the river splits around the island has been on fire all weekend. Guys in the boats are anchoring up dead middle and slaying them on all sides. Plunkers are having the most success it seams. there was a boat of em...four rods out and i couldn't count the doubles and triple they had on at times.

Colin31778
Angler

Post by Colin31778 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Pink Jig, Slow retrieve didn't matter where we were casting. We had success anchored above hwy 9 but it was on fire up past the Pilchuck!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm

11 landed 1 foul hooked and several missed hits in about 2 hours yesterday. All on the same jig (that jig is up to 15 fish now).

A highlights for the afternoon:

When we got to the river, there were two guys already there throwing Big ol buzzbombs. I start throwing my little 1/4oz jig about 30' upstream of them, and hooking up about every 3rd to 5th cast. Finally one guys yells over "No disrespect but the regs state you can only catch 4 fish then you are done." I politely corrected him that you can C&R all day long, but only KEEP 4. He says "Yeah Yeah" as he is calling "someone" on his phone (I think it was WDFW) talking to them while giving me the evil eye as I C&R'ed another couple fish.

Boat ran over my line - luckily his prop didn't catch it, but it was a tense moment as my pole yanked and jerked and I thought "Oh Sh..". At least the guy smiled and waved as he blew by#-o

Last fish of the day - dime bright 7# hen. High tide, standing in knee deep water with about 10' of line out, tiring her out so I can grab her with my hand. Fishingboy from this site was on the bank and yells "Watch out for the seal!". Sure enough, all of a sudden the fish goes nuts, and the seal is swimming after it less than 5' from me! All I could do was pull the fish in whatever direction it was going to outrun the seal. Meanwhile my buddy (about 10' away) is spashing the water to scare the seal off. I knw they would sneak up on boats, but never thought one would come right up into 2' of water that close to you! I BIG thanks to fishingboy for the heads up, or I would have had one heck of a fight on my hands!=d>
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Same thing happened to my buddy at dash pt, except he screamed like a girl and ran. Seal one chris zero lol
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:22 pm

The pinks were hitting again this sunny, hot morning. We put 5 in the boat and called it a day. Had one run right up next to the boat and hit my jig. He was about 1 foot under the surface. Didn't get the hook though.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 pm

I stopped by tom eddy for about a half hour today and got two big bucks. Threw 'em back, didn't have the cooler with me. For a while they were jumping like crazy, these fish are ridiculous.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Nice Gringo and Fishingboy, WL.com members got each other's back. :bball:
Last edited by Mike Carey on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:24 am

Wa Lakes members can also demonstrate what casting order is at the Puyallup River get together. I dont remember seeing a report about bad casting order on the Snoho yet. Are jigs the prefered method of catching pinks there?
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 pm

returnofthefish wrote:Wa Lakes members can also demonstrate what casting order is at the Puyallup River get together. I dont remember seeing a report about bad casting order on the Snoho yet. Are jigs the prefered method of catching pinks there?
Just depends on where you are, where I fish drifting just wouldn't work, flow is too slow, water too deep.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:23 pm

well i am changing it up this weekend i am hittin the stilly tomorrow
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:10 am

heres from today
Attachments
pinks.jpg
pinks.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 am

Two limits yesterday from the river about halfway between the airplane and the Highway 9 bridge. We were casting to jumpers to get to the fish beneath them.

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 am

Good work Curado. Im thinking about heading out tomorrow. Any words of wisdom?
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

Hey curado, just wonderin- what count are you at for pinks? How many have ya got?
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:09 am

53. jake drift fish dick nites all day long i was hooking fish and releasing fish lost about 20 and landed 16
Last edited by curado on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:14 am

Curado- Are you giving one rod a real good work out with all these pinks? Is it a Lami?
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Curado those fish you got still look plenty bright too thats good to see at this point in the run.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar