Spro frogs turning into a gummy mess...

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Spro frogs turning into a gummy mess...

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:13 am

I have noticed that some of my Spro frogs have the tassle fringe ( basicly the skirt if it is called a skirt while on a frog)... this material is getting to where it becomes a sticky gummy mess. It is sort of disintegrating and does not trail freely behind the frog.

Can these tassles be replaced like you do with a jig skirt? It didn't seem possilbe when looking at how it comes out of the frog.

4r7wHMg5Yjg
Last edited by The Quadfather on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

rjn cajun
Captain

RE:Spro frogs turning into a gummy mess...

Post by rjn cajun » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am

Quad I don`t think you can replace them as there one piece or put in by the factory but I could be wrong. The other issue could be the heat in where ever your storing them. I know it hasn`t been hot enough this year but in a bin or slide outs it`s alot hotter. Could also be that you got a bad batch of froggies. I`ve heard of it happening with spinnerbaits but never have seen it.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Anytime you are dealing with rubber skirt material like the legs on hollow body frogs, this scenario becomes a possibility over time. The best thing you can do to help prevent this from happening is to store your frogs as dry as possible in a moisture free box after use. Also, try to avoid the box being exposed to high temperatures or UV exposure for any length of time if possible. Spraying a rubber conditioner or line treatment on the legs after use will help the rubber from deteriorating as well.

Good luck!
Last edited by tagwatson360 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:29 am

Tag is right, its just the nature of the bait if not stored properly. I have a few frogs that have done the same haha. It also helps if you don't throw your frogs in with all your rigged up plastics, and jigs, like I tend to do. I believe you can replace skirt/legs on a Snagproof frog because I have seen it done before in a video, not sure about the SPRO.
aka Powerworm